In various works of Tolkien, Galadriel is a Elfe Ñoldo of the third generation which was born has Alqualondé in year 1362 of the Years of the Trees. It is most beautiful of the house of Finwë; its hair has a gilded glare interfered money, which recalled to all the light Arbres of Valinor, Laurelin and Telperion. She is regarded as one of largest Eldar, with Fëanor and Lúthien. In unfinished Tales and legends, Tolkien declares that with the Third Age, it was one of the most dangerous people for Sauron.
As the habit at Eldar wanted it, it accepted a name of her father: Artanis , “noble lady”, as well as a name of his/her mother, Nerwen , “young girl-man”; but most beautiful of its names was the nickname ( epessë ) that her husband Celeborn gave him: Alatāriellë (in Telerin), which gave Altariel in Quenya and Galadriel in Sindarin. These three names mean all “ Young girl crowned of a radiant garland ”.
Avid of unknown grounds and a kingdom of which it would be the queen, it followed Fëanor in exile, crossed the Helcaraxë to the sides of the people of Fingolfin, and passed most of the First Age in Doriath, near the queen Melian from which it learned much.
During the War of the Ring, the Communauté of the Ring finds rest in its kingdom. It will offer to its members, in gifts of good-bye:
with Frodon, the Flask of Galadriel, imprisoning the light of star of Eärendil and substitute with all the other lights when these last have suddenly died out;
- with Sam, a seed of Mallorn and ground of Lórien;
- with Legolas, an arc of the Galadhrim;
- with Gimli, three hair, with the total amazement of its entourage. In Aman, before the flight of the Silmarils and the death of the Trees, Fëanor, the largest blacksmith among the Elves and creator of Silmarils and the Palantír I, and in love with Galadriel, by three times a braid had claimed to him, that she had refused to him;
- with Merry and Pippin, of the money belts;
- with Boromir, a belt of gold;
- with Aragorn, a sleeve for Andúril and the Elessar (stone-elf), a green jewel having a capacity of cure and safeguarding, and which, according to certain versions of the legend, would have been forged by Celebrimbor. This last corresponds to a gift of engagement, Galadriel, the grandmother of Arwen, replacing Celebrían.
- to all the nine, a elfic cape closed by a pin, allowing its holder to pass unperceived to the eyes of its enemies
|Random links:||10th Panzerdivision S Frundsberg | Ernest Flammarion | Mow Tampers | Stefan Lazarević | Whewellite | Alpaugh,_la_Californie|