Funds world of Numeric solidarity
the Funds world of Numeric solidarity (FSN) is a African initiative launched by S.E. Mr. Abdoulaye Wade, President of Senegal, at the time of the first phase of the World summit on the Company of the Information (Geneva, 2003) and validated at the time of the 2nd phase (Tunis, 2005);
- it was officially inaugurated on March 14th, 2005 in Geneva, in the presence of many Heads of State, ministers, mayors and other personalities of the whole world;
- it is supported by 25 founding members (15 national States; 8 cities and areas; an international organization and a private company). Many other States, local government agencies and companies expressed the interest to join the FSN;
- it is directed by the tripartite Council of foundation composed of 24 members, representative, by third, the public authorities, the private companies and the civil society of the various areas of the world.
Political supports obtained since its launching
the European Union through the decision of the European Council of the Ministers for the economy and finances (February 2005, Brussels). Result: the FSN “should take its place as an instrument original and complementary to the sides of the other existing finance mechanisms” ;
- the Summit MDG +5 and 60ème birthday of the United Nations (September 2005, New York). Result: the FSN was recognized by the Heads of State and Heads of government at this meeting in New York: “We are pleased with the Numerical creation of the Solidarity funds, and we wish that voluntary contributions be versed to feed it” ;
- the SMSI - World summit on the Company of Information Phase II (November 2005, Tunis). Result: the Member States of the United Nations endorsed the creation of the FSN and its innovating finance mechanism. The Funds organized a special session to review progress since its inauguration and to present the first financed projects;
- the Summit of Bilbao - World summit of the Cities and the Local Authorities on the Company of Information (November 2005, Bilbao). Result: the FSN received the support of more than 1000 cities and local authorities at this meeting in Bilbao to adopt a Declaration and an Action plan on the local development of the company of information;
- the International Conference “Solidarity and universalization: financings innovating for the development” (February 2006, Paris). Result: Presentation of the FSN and meetings with the representatives of the invited governments;
- the Full Session of the Group controls on the innovating finance mechanisms (July 2006, Brasilia). Result: the FSN was recognized in the conclusions of the President as one of the projects which “bear already their fruits” .
- XIe Conference of the Heads of state and government of the Francophonie (September 2006, Bucharest). Result: a Resolution on the FSN was adopted, calling in particular “the whole of the States and governments to support indeed the Funds world of Numeric solidarity by voluntary contributions. ” , greeting “the installation of the Principle of Geneva, encouraging the States and governments to examine their adhesion with this principle” .
- IIe Meeting of the ACP Ministers for the Culture (October 2006, Santo Domingo). Result: the Ministers for the Culture of the ACP States “commit themselves taking an active part in the innovating mechanism of financing of the reduction of the digital divide, while adhering to the principle of the 1% of numeric solidarity proposed by the Funds world for Numeric solidarity (FSN)” .
- Xe Summit of the Heads of state and government of the ACP States (December 2006, Khartoum). Result: the Heads of state and government of the ACP States “invite the nations to implement the principle of the 1% of numeric solidarity in order to allow a clear reduction of the digital divide” and “exhorts the developed countries and more particularly the Member States of the EU, to contribute to the construction of a company of the more equitable information guided by the principles of solidarity, by also implementing the principle of the 1% of numeric solidarity” .
The mission of the Funds world of Numeric solidarity (FSN)
The mission of the Funds world of Numeric solidarity (FSN) is to reduce the digital divide and to contribute to the construction of a company of interdependent and inclusive information:
by putting communication and information technologies at the service of human development;
- by facilitating the access of all to the company of knowledge;
- while contributing to the objectives of the Millenium.
Objectives of the Funds:
to ensure an accessible and equitable access to information technologies and their contents all the people, and in particular those which are marginalized.
- to promote this access, as a basic right which must be carried out as well on the level of the public domain as deprived, independently of the fluctuations of the market, the growth and the questions of profitability, in the respect of a company of information, socially, culturally, economically, financially, and ecologically durable;
- to guarantee the access to information and the knowledge with all, to contribute to the autonomy and the blooming of each individual, and to reinforce the engagement of the local government agencies on the social plan, policy, economic and cultural;
- to reduce economic, social and cultural inequalities through the mobilization of new resources resulting from mechanisms innovating of financing of the development, in particular the principle from the “1% of numeric solidarity”. It is about a finance mechanism, specifically devoted to the fight against the digital divide.
Notes and references of the article
- Funds world of Numeric solidarity
- Abdoulaye Wade
External bonds and documents
- the FSN in a wink
|Random links:||Alexander VII | List distributers of video games | Charles Juan Vaughan | The Waste-gas main | Maskass | Stereotypes of the nurse | Group the Dispatch | Seigneurs_du_l'Ultra-Royaume|