GeographyFresne-Camilly is located between Caen (13 kilometers) and Creully (4 kilometers), in the valley of Thue. The commune is divided into three hamlets, Fresne, Camilly and Cainet.
HistoryThe territory of the commune belonged to the family Blouet de Camilly since XVIIém century (strongholds of Camilly, of Fresne and Cainet), as well as the stronghold of the common neighbor, Thaon. Each stronghold had its castle, distributed between the family members of Camilly.
Cainet is attached to Fresne in 1835.
Places and monuments
- Castle of Camilly of XVIIèm, rebuilt in XIXém century.
- Church of Cainet, XII-XIIIém centuries.
- Mill (private) of Cainet.
- Church of Fresne, XI-XIIIèm centuries.
- Firm strengthened of Cainet.
Personalities related to the communeJean Eudes, family friend Blouet de Camilly would have celebrated a mass in Fresne-Camilly.
- Common of the Apple-brandy
- Fresne-Camilly on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Fresne-Camilly on the site of INSEE
- Fresne-Camilly on the site of Quid
- Localization of Fresne-Camilly on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Fresne-Camilly on Mapquest
|Random links:||Nikkō | Gandalf | Sporting Clube Farense | Henry mark | Nemiroff | Monarchie|