The World Trade Center Tower 1 ( Freedom Tower or Tower of Freedom ) is the central tower of the new complex of the World Trade Center, which aims at filling the immense space left by the destruction of the preceding complex the September 11th, 2001 in terrorist attacks. Located at the south of the island of Manhattan this site also called Ground zero has an total surface area of: 65000 square meters. This tower will culminate with: 1776 feet, is 541 meters and will be located at the western northern corner of the site. Work, which began in April 2006, should be completed in 2012 according to Larry Silverstein.
Symbolic systemThe total height of the tower, 1.776 feet, refers to the year of the independence of the the United States (1776). It will be overhung by an arrow of 82 meters which will point out the torch of the Statue of Freedom. Lastly, the provision of the buildings will make it possible to obtain a sunning of the sites of the two old towers, left free of any construction, all the September 11th, at the exact hours of both attacks and collapse of the turns. The memorial of the Tower of Freedom will be located under ground, where a museum will be created in memory of the victims. With the site of the two old towers “two immense holes will be built” from where water will run and will leave the light. One will be able to reach the memorial since the Tour of Freedom .
Development of the project
- July 4th 2005: Pose first stone
- April 27th 2006: Starting of of Freedom Tower (Tower of Freedom) and the starting building work of the realization of the foundations
- December 19th 2006: Pose of the first three steel beams on the foundations. Of a length of approximately 11 meters for a weight of 11 tons, these beams were produced with the Luxembourg by Arcelor.
The Tour of Freedom will give the illusion to be entirely conceived out of glass. The base of the tower will be made of reinforced concrete and of metal, it will be conceived to resist the trapped trucks.
Inside the tower will be installed offices, an direct access with the memorial, but also a restaurant and an observatory on the highest stages. Its arrow will be largest of the world with 86 meters height. If the deadlines are held, the tower should be completed in 2009, and the complete site in 2011. It will be then about the highest tower of the United States.
Organization of the stages
Under ground - Garage/Transport
- Level of the Street - Lobby
- 1st-19th stages - Reinforced Base (Nonoccupied excluded by the Lobby)
- 20th-63e stages - Offices
- 64e stage - Sky lobby
- 65e - 88e stages - Offices
- 89e and 90e stages - Equipment of transmission
- 91e - 100e stages - Stages Technique
- 100e - 101e stages - Restaurant
- 102e stage - point of view of
- 103e - 108e stages - Technical Stages (unoccupied)
- Roof - Second point of view (proposed)
Other buildingsFour other buildings, in addition to the Tower of Freedom , will compose new the World Trade Center:
" 200 Greenwich " : a very high building (approximately 27 meters more than the Empire State Building), built by Norman Foster. This sky scrapes will rise with 408,2 meters in height, and will be composed of 78 stages. It will open its doors in 2012.
- " 175 Greenwich " : a building with the height comparable with that of the Empire State Building (382,6 meters, 71 stages). The final project should be born in 2011. The architect of this project is Richard Rogers.
- " 150 Greenwich " : a 288,7 height meters building. Its construction must be completed in 2011, it will include/understand 61 stages.
- 7 World Trade Center " : this building is to date finished, it is 228 meters high and one counts there 52 stages, which acceuillent for the majority of the offices and the business services.
|Random links:||Third Anglo-Dutch War | Rene Henriksen | Alexis Ilyne | Last Walk | Gaius Valerius Flaccus | Ernani|