The Frauenkirche ( Notre-Dame church of Dresden ) was conceived by the architect George Bähr in 1726 and was completed in 1743. A symbol of the prestige of the city among much of others. She is regarded as one of the most beautiful churches Lutherans of Germany.
In February 1945, the city is shaven under the British bombardments. Two days after the first attacks, the cupola of Frauenkirche is on fire. The building crumbles. There will remain about it only one immense field of ruins during 45 years.
It will be necessary to await 1990, after the reunification of the Germany, so that the things evolve/move. If some Dresdois committed evoke a rebuilding in 1989, the impulse takes place on February 13rd 1990 with the call of Dresden ( Ruf aus Dresden ) at the time of the 45e birthday of the destruction of the city.
The initiative citizen, under the direction of the musician dresdois Ludwig Güttler, starts with 14 members in 1990. After the call of Dresden, which will touch a world audience, association counts 5.000 members, divided in more than twenty country, in 1991. One finds thus associations Dresden Trust in Great Britain, Friends off Dresden, Inc. with the United States or association rebuilding of Frauenkirche in Dresden in France.
Exposures in concerts, donations in subsidies, the reconstruction project finds its true starting point with the installation of the Stiftung Frauenkirche Dresden under the patronage of the State of Saxony and the Protestant Church. Rebuilding works are evaluated to a few 125 million euros.
The clearing of engraved is completed in May 1994. In 1996, the vault of the Crypte is rebuilt. Work of assembly continues until in 2002. The church is rebuilt with the identical one. It takes again the still existing parts, carefully indexed thanks to data processing. It recreates all that was irremediably broken, in particular the bells and the gilded cross overhanging the church. This cross was in addition financed by British appropriations, as a sign of reconciliation. Inside the church, the Orgue signed by the Alsatian factor Daniel Kern is not a copy of the old disappeared organ but an instrument which can also play the romantic parts of the XIXe French century and the modern music. The Fresques are restored on the basis of documents and accounts.
- Seen satellite of the church on WikiMapia
|Random links:||Paul Gauguin | Fentanyl | François-Etienne of Damas | Microrégion de Votuporanga | Park Grinds-Argences | Banlieue_noire_de_Pike,_comté_de_Clearfield,_Pennsylvanie|