Franz Anton Hoffmeister
BiographyHe emigrates with Vienna in 1768 in order to study the right there but devotes himself quickly to the music. He receives lessons on behalf of the type-setter Johann Georg Albrechtsberger, future professor of Ludwig van Beethoven. Hoffmeister publishes its first symphonies in 1778 whereas it is named choirmaster of the Hungarian count Franz von Szécsényi.
It goes back to Vienna and is devoted since 1784 to the edition of its own works like those of type-setters like Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Clementi, Albrechtsberger, Dittersdorf or Vanhal.
Hoffmeister was the friend of Mozart who dedicated to him his string quartets Kv 499, while Beethoven called it " my expensive frère".
Some of its works are played at the time of the famous concerts Solomon with the beginning of the year 1790.
SymphoniesAmong his 66 symphonies, one will quote three of them (available to the disc with the London Mozart Players):
- Symphony in semi major (1778)
- Symphony in major D (1778)
- Symphony in G major " Festa della Pace" (1791)
Concertos60 concertos of which:
- 25 for flute
- Concerto for viola and double bass
- Concerto for 2 clarinets and orchestra in major E flat
OperasEight nowadays any more, they are not interpreted.
- 50 string quartets, of which string quartets COp 11 (1784)
- Quintet for horn and cords in major E flat
|Random links:||April Story | Mucilage | Toyota SD | James Delleck | Halcyon senegaloides | Hofje_van_Bakenes|