France Culture is a radio cultural Public service audio-visual French, created in 1946 under the name of National Chaîne starting from the network of transmitters Medium waves with average power rebuilds after the Release.
The director of France Culture is David Kessler
Become France III in 1958 then rtf Promotion in October and November 1963 it took its current name on December 8th 1963 and, after the bursting of the ORTF, was integrated into the group Radio France on January 6th, 1975. Single radio, dedicated to the culture and the knowledge and inviting to the reflection, it accommodated many producers of emissions which knew to develop a true “radiophonic art”. Profiting, with the stop of Inter-Varieties in 1973, of the network medium waves of regional transmitters with great power, it will be private in 1980 with the profit of Blue Radio , network created for the seniors and, since this date, is diffused more only in frequency modulation.
History of France Culture
Some major historical emissions:
the radiophonic Workshop of creation
- Good pleasure
- the Panorama
- Ways of knowledge
- Ways of the music
- Of the day at the following day
- magnetic Nights
42 producers of With naked voice , season 2004 - 2005:
Anne Andreu, Ali Baddou, Thomas Baumgartner, Laurence Bloch, Anne Bourgeois, Caroline Bourgine, Michel Braudeau, Caroline Broué, Katarina von Bülow, Didier Cahen, Jean-Pierre Changeux, Jean Daive, Carole Desbarats, Jean-François Dhuys, Simone Douek, Raphaël Enthoven, Jerome Garcin, Thierry Garcin, Joelle Gayot, Catherine Geel, François George, Laurent Goumarre, Helene Hazéra, Jacqueline Hénard, Jacques Henric, Alexandre Héraud, Claude Kiejman, Marc Kravetz, Severine Labat, Christine Lecerf, Philippe the Unpleasant one, Blandine Masson, Catherine Bridge-Humbert, Veronique Puchala, Odile Quirot, Jean-Christophe Rufin, Jean-Pierre Thibaudat, Herve This, Chantal Thomas, Serge Toubiana, Jean-Marc Turine, Claire Vassé.
- Agathe Mella (1973-1975)
- Yves Jaigu (1975-1984)
- Jean-Marie Borzeix (1984-1997)
- Patrice Gélinet (1997-1998)
- Laure Adler (1999-2005)
- David Kessler (2005 -)
ProgrammingFrance Culture proposes programming varied concerning many human fields of knowledge.
- Poetry on word : setting in wave and reading of short poems
- fresh Painting of Jean Daive
FictionsThe station is one of rare in France to propose radiophonic fictions:
the serial : 20 minutes of radiophonic Serial of the Monday to Friday. Adaptation in serial of literary works like Lord Jim of Joseph Conrad (in 2006), With the Research of time lost of Marcel Proust (in 2006), or the foreigner of Albert Camus (2002, repeat broadcast in 2007).
- Fiction/Cycle of European theater : diffusion of plays and readings, generally by cycle. Examples: cycle Jean-Paul Sartre (June-July 2005), cycle Jean-Claude Grumberg (November 2004) or cycles Kateb Yacine (January 2003).
- Fiction bad kind: fictions touching with the whodunnit, the science fiction and fantastic, each week lasting one hour.
- Sequence of tenses : one hour maintenance with a historian, in resonance with the topicality. Some emissions: the péplum (March 10th, 2007), 14-18, African in the trenches (December 2nd, 2006), the Church and the State in the United States (September 25th, 2004).
- the Factory of the History: one hour daily program on the Memory and his report/ratio with the History: History of the Parliament (June 2007), History of old age (from January 22nd to 25th 2007), History of the prostitution (of 1st at May 4th, 2006), Mali (from January 3rd to 7th 2005).
- Mondays of the History : weekly emission of debate with a historian: De Gaulle and Indo-China (June 18th, 2007), Jacques Ozouf, historian (January 22nd, 2007), Urban landscapes and industrialists (August 29th, 2005), Charonne, light on a tragedy (March 31st, 2003).
- the community property : one hour legal emission weekly. Examples: the judge and the historian (June 9th, 2007), opposable right (January 13rd, 2007), To judge in Egypt (December 9th, 2006).
- Critical mass : 50 minute old magazine devoted to culture industries: Amazon France (June 16th, 2007), Yahoo France is ten years old (January 27th, 2007), MTV is 25 years old (November 18th, 2006).
ReligionFrance Culture devotes several emissions to the religious beliefs:
- religious Services : the station retransmet the catholic mass and Protestant service.
- Cultures of Islam : each week, one hour on the culture and history of the Islamic world: philosophy enters the Greek and Arabic (May 20th, 2007), Loi of God, law of the men (April 15th, 2007), Femmes of Algeria (February 4th, 2007), Histoire of Islam in France (November 26th and December 3rd, 2006), Benoît XVI in Ratisbon (November 5th, 2006), Ibn Khaldûn, polyptyque in six shutters (February and March 2006), Thousand and One Nights, polyptyque in six shutters (October and November 2004).
- the alive ones and the gods : Saturday evening, one hour on the religions and beliefs. Examples: Manora of Malaysia (May 26th, 2007), Sacrilege and spirituality in the theater élisabéthain (January 20th, 2007), Freud and the religion (April 2005), Shamanism and Islam (December 2002).
- House of study : Emission presented by Victor Malka on various subjects of the thought and Jewish philosophy.
- Bad kinds: one hour weekly emission on the whodunnit, the fantastic one, the Science fiction or the Cartoon. Some topics approached: Nazism, imaginary and fictions (June 2nd, 2007), Manga, the French school (December 9th, 2006), Africa in the popular culture (June 24th, 2006).
- a life, a work : 1:30 weekly magazine dedicated to discovered literature: Li Po (February 4th, 2007), Thucydide (November 19th, 2006), Dante (May 9th, 2004).
- Black and Blue : one hour weekly emission devoted to the Jazz.
- Equinox : one hour old magazine devoted to the musics of the world.
- economy in question: each week, one hour about the economy. Examples: Africa - the Mediterranean: towards a new policy of the development? (June 11th, 2007), Japan, the great return? (March 5th, 2007), economy under the environmental constraint (November 27th, 2006).
- the company of the nations : one hour of reflection on the international topicality: Africa: Mali/Niger, resurgence of rebelled Tuaregs (June 15th, 2007), Burma (May 25th, 2007), Somalia, threats of regional war (January 26th, 2007), the political crisis in Belgium (July 6th, 2007).
- Of the grist : one hour of emission on a topic political, social, economic, international: Which diversity with the National Assembly? (June 11th, 2007), Returned of active solidarity: will it improve the access to employment? (May 30th, 2007), Which wants to destroy Lebanon? (June 1st, 2007), can one defend the indefensible one? (June 12th, 2007) where Jacques Vergès has snap on line the door of the emission.
- Unintermitting sciences : one hour weekly scientific emission: the psychology of the cosmonaut (May 28th, 2007), How is born an ethical species (January 29th, 2007), Neurosciences and (July 11th, 2006)).
- Science and conscience : the Science looked from a cultural and philosophical point of view: does mathematics clarify sciences of nature? (June 14th, 2007), Philosophy of the surgery (January 11th, 2007), the eugenism (August 31st, 2006).
- public Science : one hour weekly confronting of the scientists with citizens: can one anticipate the effects of climate warming? (May 18th, 2007), is the high-definition a revolution? (January 26th, 2007), With when the car without oil? (October 27th, 2006).
- the black living room : weekly half an hour in connection with the Archeology of today and its related sciences.
- Of Papous in the head : writers devote themselves to plays of language and literary exercises, historical emission created by Bertrand Jerome.
- Mornings of France Culture : morning section of the station (of 7:00 to 9:00).
Documentary seriesFrance Culture also diffuses the large documentary ones in several shutters, in particular during the summer period:
- ordinary Combatants of resistance : documentary of 2004 in 25 episodes in the form of portraits former resistant French to the occupation Nazi.
- memory of overcome the : 25 30 minute old shutters on the memory and the history of the War of Spain diffused during the summer 2004.
- Lawsuit barbie : sound archives of the lawsuit of Klaus Barbie, war criminal Nazi, in the form of one hour daily programs (2004).
- Lawsuit Touvier : documentary series of 25 one hour episodes, including 20 to 40 minutes of sound archives of the lawsuit, with accompanying notes by intellectuals, historians and the actors of the lawsuit (be 2002).
- Rwanda, a genocide forgotten : documentary in 25 one hour old shutters each one devoted to a lawsuit for Genocide being held with Brussels. 30 minutes are devoted to the diffusion of sound archives of the lawsuit, followed analyzes of the genocide by specialists and journalists. Diffusion in 2003.
Producers (old or current)Laure Adler, Ali Baddou, Helene Cixous, Julie Clarini, Brice Dressmaker, Nicolas Demorand, Pierre Descargues, Rene Farabet, Jacques Florent, Alain Finkielkraut, Antoine Garapon, Jean-Christmas Jeanneney, Emmanuel Laurentin, Jean Lebrun, Frederic Martel, Abdelwahab Meddeb, Claude Métra, Irene Omélianenko, Yann Paranthoën, Pierre Sipriot, Alain Trutat, André Velter, Yves Loiseau, Antoine Spire, Jeanne-Martine Cowherd, Alain Veinstein etc
History of the logos:
|Random links:||Jules Brunfaut | Kamov Ka-25 | Baldenheim | Yosenabe | Wasteland (televised series) | Parliamentary shuttle | Journalisme_jaune|