For a handle of dollars
SynopsisTwo rival, Baxter and Rojo, rich person and powerful families thanks to the traffic of weapons and alcohol; in the medium, an unknown which will poke this war for a handle of dollars…
- Title: For a handle of dollars
- original Title: Per a pugno di dollari
- Realization: Bob Robertson alias Sergio Leone
- Production: Arrigo Colombo, Giorgio Papi
- Scenario: Sergio Leone, Fulvio Morsella, Luciano Vincenzoni
- Music: Ennio Morricone
- Photography: Massimo Dallamano
- Assembly: Roberto Cinquini, artistic Alfonso Santacana
- Director: Carlo Simi
- Country of origin: Italy
- Kind: western spaghetti
- Lasted: 99 minutes
- Coming out date: December 10th 1964 (Italy); March 1st 1966 (France)
- Clint Eastwood : Joe
- Marianne Koch: Marisol
- Gian Maria Will (John Wells with the credits): Ramon Rojo
- Wolfgang Lukschy: John Baxter
- Sieghardt Rupp: Esteban Rojo
- Antonio Prieto: Gift Miguel Rojo
- Jose Calvo: Silvanito
- Margarita Lozano : Consuelo Baxter
- Daniel Martin: Julio
- Joseph Egger: Peripero
- First film of the trilogy of Sergio Leone: For a handle of dollars , And for some dollars moreover and the Good, the Rough one and the Gangster .
- It is a Remake of Yojimbo of Akira Kurosawa. “ I saw a film of Kurosawa : Yojimbo . One cannot say that it was a masterpiece. It was about a démarquage of the red Harvest of Dashiell Hammett. However, the topic me plaisait : a man arrives in a city where two rival bands are made the war. He places himself between the two camps to demolish each gang. I thought that it was necessary to replace this history in its country of origin: America. The film of Kurosawa occurred to Japan. In making a western allowed to find the direction of the epopee. And as this account was also inspired by Arlequin, servant of two Masters of Goldoni, I did not have any complex to be Italian to operate this transplantation. Without counting that the inventor of the western is not other than Homère. Without forgetting that the western is a universal kind because it treats individualisme. ” The producers who had not provided that the film gains an international success neglected to negotiate the rights of Yojimbo . A lawsuit delayed the exit of film in the United States (1966) at the end which Kurosawa was seen granting the rights of film for Japan.
- the film is a italo-Germanic coproduction.
- Italian Receipts: 3.182.000 000 liras.
- Sergio Leone signs the film Bob Roberston, in homage to his/her father Roberto Robertis.
- Richard Harrison was initially thought for the main role, but that one advised Clint Eastwood in the place because it knew " to go up to cheval" .
|Random links:||Mount-of-Marsan | Surtsey | Bier export | Arthur Moeller van den Bruck | Charles-Eusèbe Casgrain | Deep (individual) | Riverbend,_Washington|