The term flora indicates the whole of the Espèce S vegetable are present in a geographical space or a given ecosystem (in opposition to the fauna). The term flora indicate also the whole of the micro-organisms (except the viruses which are not living ) present in a given place. One speaks about intestinal Flora or cutaneous flora for the bacteria present in the intestine or on the surface about the skin, for example.
By extension, it indicates also the atlases indexing and describing these species, and being used to determine the plants (to identify them). The number of species to be described being very important, the flora more bound for the general public often limit to the vascular vegetable or the plants with seeds and their principal species.
The collections of specimens being used to define the differences species are preserved in Herbier S. This network of herbaria throughout the world is very important. It is the reference which makes it possible to the botanists to be found there and to take stock between the current denominations and old discoveries and identifications.
One should not confuse the term of flora with that of Végétation: the Flore of a zone is the list of the Plante S of this zone (flora of the Alps, flora of the Paris basin, flora of England, etc), the Végétation is the regrouping of certain plants in vegetable formations determined by a specific flora and the predominance of a biological type. Thus, one can recognize Forêt S, Prairies, savannas and bush moderate, Culture S, Lande S, Tourbière S, etc (see Phytosociologie).
Flora in Wikipédia
- Index by ''' vernacular name ''' of the kinds and species described in Wikipédia
- Index by ''' scientific name ''' of the kinds and species described in Wikipédia
Plants with flowers (angiospermes)For a description of the families of Angiosperme S of the world you can start with:
- Classification APG (a presentation ordered according to their Phylogeny of the families of Plant S with flowers of the world)
- Families of plants with flowers alphabetically
- Flowers of the Alps (an alphabetical list of the angiospermes of the alpine massive )
- List of the botanical families present in Burgundy (a list of the families of angiospermes met in Burgundy)
- Families of angiospermes present in New Caledonia alphabetically
Plants with seeds (angiospermes and gymnospermes)For a list by écozone of the species by scientific name and alphabetically you can test:
- palearctic Écozone
- Écozone Australasian
- Écozone indomalaise
- Écozone nearctic
- Écozone afrotropicale
- Écozone néotropicale
- Écozone océanienne
- Écozone the Antarctic
Plants with seeds without flowersThere does not exist list for the moment but you can test:
- Spermaphyte S
- List of the botanical families present in Burgundy
Vascular plants without seeds nor flowersThere does not exist list for the moment but you can test:
- Ptéridophyte S
- Liste of the botanical families present in Burgundy
- the list will be soon up to date
Nonvascular plantsThere does not exist list for the moment but you can test:
- palearctic Écozone: plants with spores by scientific name
- Écozone Australasian: plants with spores by scientific name
- Écozone indomalaise: plants with spores by scientific name
- Écozone nearctic: plants with spores by scientific name
- Écozone afrotropicale: plants with spores by scientific name
- Écozone néotropicale: plants with spores by scientific name
- Écozone océanienne: plants with spores by scientific name
- Écozone the Antarctic: plants with spores by scientific name
Some Flora in French language
- Aeschimann D., Lauber K., Moser D.M., Theurillat J-P., Flora alpina , ED. Belin, 3 vol., 2004.
- Aeschimann D., Mr. Burdet H., Flora of Switzerland and the countries bordering: New Binz , 3rd edition, ED. Haupt, 2005.
- Blamey Marjorie, Grey-Wilson Christopher, Flora of Western Europe: more than 2400 plants described and illustrated colors (translation), Flammarion, Paris, 2003
- Bonnier Gaston, portable complete Flora of France, Switzerland and Belgium , General Bookstore of Teaching, Paris, 1968, republished by Belin, Paris, 1990
- Bonnier Gaston, Large flora colors of France, Switzerland, Belgium and adjoining countries , Belin, Paris, republication 1990
- Coste Hippolyte, descriptive and illustrated Flora France, of Corsica , ED. scientific bookstore and technical A. Blanchard.
- Paul Baker, four Flora of France, Corsica included/understood: General, Alpine, Mediterranean, Littoral , Lechevalier Editions, Paris, 1961. A version in the course of illustration is on the site of ID-Bio: . Each one can contribute to it by sending its photographs.
- Guinochet Mr. & of Vilmorin R., Flora of France, volume 1: Ptéridophytes-Centrospermales, volume 2: Juglandales-Tricoques, volume 3: Polycarpiques-Aristolochiales, volume 4: Parietal-Synanthérales, volume 5: Rosales-Myrtales, CNRS, Douin editor, Paris Paris, 1973-1984
- Kerguélen Michel, synonymic Index of the Flora of France , National Natural history museum of Natural history, Paris, 1993.
- Lambinon J., Delvosalle L. & Duvigneaud J., New Flora of Belgium, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, the North of France and the close areas (Ptéridophytes and Spermatophytes) , 5th edition, editions of the Inheritance of the national Botanical garden of Belgium, Meise, 2004
- Lauber Konrad, Wagner Gerhart, Flora Helvetica: illustrated flora of Switzerland (with supplement) , Verlag Paul Haupt, Bern, 2000
- Marie-Victorin, F.E.C., Flora laurentienne , 3rd updated edition and annotated, Presses of the University of Montreal, 1995
- Ardoino Honore, analytical Flora of the department of the Maritime Alps , Jeanne Laffitte Reprints, republication, 1999.
- Collective, Flora of the regional park of high Languedoc , Editions of Rouergue
- Conservatory botany Mediterranean national of Porquerolles - antenna of Montpellier: patrimonial species observed in Languedoc-Roussillon
- Of the Abbeys H., Flora and vegetation of the Armorican Solid mass , university Presses of Brittany, Rennes, 1971
- Fournet Jacques, illustrated Flora of the phanérogames of Guadeloupe and Martinique
- Morat, Flora of New Caledonia and dependences , 1999
- Provost Michel, vascular Flora of Basse-Normandie (Cédérom PC and Mac), University Presses of Caen, Caen, 1998
- Marcel Willow, Large illustrated Flora of the Pyrenees , Milan, 2002
- Francois, Sliding gauge New Flora of Lorraine , ED. Jean-Pierre KRUCH, Raon the Stage, 2001.
- Nétien Georges, Lyons Flora , ED. Linnéenne company of Lyon, 1993.
- Nétien Georges, Complement with the Lyons Flora , ED. Linnéenne company of Lyon, 1996.
- Bugnon F., Felzines J. - C., Loiseau J. - E., Royer J. - Mr., New Flora of Burgundy, scientific Bulletin of Burgundy , edition except series, 3 volumes (general Catalog and bibliographical, key files of determinations, atlas of distribution), Dijon, 1993
- Poinsot H., Flora of Burgundy , National center of the Scientific recherce, Bookstore of the University, Dijon, 1972
- Luc Garraud, Flora of Drome , ecological and flauristic Atlas
- Barthelemy Alphonse, Boistel Martin, New flora of the lichens: for the easy determination of the species , Belin, Paris, (republication) 1986.
- Gilded Andre, Sardat Jacques, pastoral Flora of mountain, volume 1: graminaceous, volume 2: Leguminous plants and other fodder plants , Boubée/CEMAGREF, Paris, 1995-2000.
- Duhamel G., Flora and cartography of the carex of France (2° ED.) , Boubée, Paris, 1998
- Flora of the vineyards of France CD-ROM, 2001
- Guillaumot, Flora of the lichens of France and Great Britain , Lechevalier Editions, Paris, 1998
- Jauzein, Flora of the cultivated fields , INRA, Paris, 1995
- Olivier, the Red book of the Flora threatened in France , Conservatory botanical national, Paris, 1995
- Ozenda P., Flora and vegetation of the Sahara , CNRS, 2004
- Pérez-Vera, Dr. Francisco, Orchises of Ivory Coast , Parthénope Collection, Biotope, Mèze, 2003.
- Branch Jean-Claude, Mansion Dominique, Dumé Gerard, French forest Flora, illustrated ecological guide, volume 1: plains and hills, volume 2: mountains , Institute for the Forest Development, Paris, 1989-1993.
- Reynaud Joel, flora of the pharmacist , ED. Tce and Doc., 2002.
- Rol R. Jacamon Mr., Flora of the trees shrubs and shrubs , the rustic House, Paris, 1981
- Schatz George E, generic Flora of the trees of Madagascar , Missouri Botanical Garden, 2001
External bondsflora|flora * Tela- Botanica the network of the French-speaking botanists
- List of the plant species protected in Metropolitan France
- synonymic Index from the flora from France
- List from the plant species protected in Languedoc-Roussillon
- Observation from patrimonial floristic species in Languedoc-Roussillon
- virtual Flora from orsay, multicriterion research
- Flora of France of Baker put on line by a groupware, directed by the University of Nice.
- Flora europaea (in English)
- virtual herbarium of Australia (in English)
- Flora of Quebec
- Flora of Switzerland
- Flora of the Swiss Jura
- Flora of Guyana of the University IRD
- Herbarium of the Meeting
- Conservatory botany national of the Paris basin
- Protection and distribution of the plant species in the Paris basin
- Observatories of the flora of the territorial collectivities of the Paris basin
- the voyageuse garance
Plants to be indexed
|Random links:||Zeke | Domats | Castétis | Institute of nuclear physics of Lyon | Sigéric | Robert_Estienne|