Fleix is on the edge of the the Dordogne at a place where the river makes an elbow. It is probably with this characteristic that it owes its name “flexus”.
There is currently the same number of inhabitants as to the Moyen-âge, approximately 1200.
Castrum (the Hermitage) and several villas (traces with Malivert, the Roasting plant, etc?).
The Middle Ages
towards 590: dedication of the Saffarius bishop for the priory of Fleix.
1580 : with the Old Castle, preliminary conferences with the treaty of Fleix or “Peace of In love”.
1591 : Abandonment with died of Gaston de Foix, marquis de Tranz, count de Gurson & Fleix, of the Old Castle.
1777 : Acquisition by Jean-Louis de Rossane lord of the Waves, Monac? seigniory of Fleix.
1783 : Lifting of the burrow Plan. Indications of the Mills nave, Crushed, the Roasting plant, the Faience manufactures.
1794 : Beginning of the destruction of the new Castle.
1805 : Transformation of the house remaining of the new Castle into Protestant temple.
1861 : Construction of the Port.
1881 : Construction of the approach ramp to the vat.
Fleix has its Armoiries since 1997.
With 1st and 4th districts: of gold to the sand cross charged with five money shells, and with 2nd and 3rd districts of Sinople to a decreased, surmounted money rafter of a bridge with four arches of even.
The port was very active with the transport of the wine and wood.
Formerly turned towards the river, the economy is now especially viticultural.
Tourist monuments and places
There were two castles, the “old” castle which were destroyed, and the “new” castle built at the 17th century and which was the occasional residence of Frederic de Foix. It was sold with the French revolution, was used a time as quarry stone and finally in 1805 became the Protestant Temple.
the temple protesting (the old “new” castle) 17th century.
the port (1861).
the street of the port, with its picturesque houses, typical of the area, and its three mysterious guns planted in the ground.
a short period of the wall of the “Old” Castle.
|Random links:||Minot (North Dakota) | Lucas (group) | Small lake of Gréziolles | The Return of Gift Camillo | Microrégion of Eastern Cariri|