In the beginning, a flag is a roll of material attached to a pole, which allows, thanks to the Emblème which is represented there, to attach it to a group, a country (a Nation), an area, a city, a military unit or an organization.
The concept of flag since extended to all the fabrics carrying a Signe making it possible to identify it and to allot a significance to him. For example, the color of the flags on the beaches which indicates the possibilities of bathes: red for prohibited, orange for dangerous, Green for authorized, White to announce a bench of jellyfish. In the same way the flags in sport have their significance of safety and warning.
Certain flags have almost universal significances, as the flag Blanc held up towards the enemy who means rendering or a request for truce.
The maritime Vocabulaire uses the term house instead of flag , that it is national house or house of the international code of the signals and also the marks terms and flames for particular houses.
- Drapeaux of the countries of the world
- Galerie of the flags of the countries of the world
- Galerie of the flags of Arab or Moslem countries
- Galerie of the flags with strong resemblance
- Drapeaux of the international organizations
- Drapeaux Formulates 1 of them
- Gallery of the emblems of the countries of the world
- Houses and marks of the national marine
Flag of the French Army
The flag is the badge of all the French regiments of traditions to foot (Infanterie, Transmissions, Matériel). It carries in inscriptions in its folds: on the avers, the words French Republic and the name of the regiment. On the reverse are registered the Honneur words and Fatherland followed by the names of battles in which the unit was distinguished.
Characteristics of national flags
the Drapeau of Cyprus is the only national flag having a representation of the chart of the territory of the state.
- the Drapeau of Nepal is one of the only not-rectangular national flags, it is made of two triangles. It is as the only one with being higher as broad.
|Random links:||Trasimene | Paul Tallemant the Young person | Albert Avogadro | Marcel Grosdidier de Matons | Solid mass of the Emperor|