First district of Lozere
The first district of the Lozere is represented in XIIe legislature by Francis Saint-Leger, appointed UMP, and mayor of Rieutort-with-Randon. Its substitute is Pierre Bonicel, UMP mayor of Chadenet and general adviser of the canton of Bleymard.
Geographical and demographic description
The first district of the Lozere is located at the east of the department and includes Mende like its periphery, extending to the borders interdépartementales and the Second district from Lozere. It is made up of the thirteen following cantons:
- Canton of the Bar-of-Cevennes: 1110 inhabitants.
- Canton of Bleymard: 1787 inhabitants.
- Canton of Châteauneuf-of-Randon: 1632 inhabitants.
- Canton of Florac: 3927 inhabitants.
- Canton of Grandrieu: 1899 inhabitants.
- Canton of Langogne: 4444 inhabitants.
- Canton of Mende-North: 8406 inhabitants.
- Canton of Mende-South: 7165 inhabitants.
- Canton of Bridge-of-Montvert: 1183 inhabitants.
- Canton of Saint-Mercies: 1877 inhabitants.
- Canton of Holy-Enimie: 1164 inhabitants.
- Canton of Saint-Germain-of-Calberte: 2951 inhabitants.
Canton of Villefort: 1649 inhabitants.
According to the figures of the census of 1999, the district was then populated of 39.194 inhabitants.
Political descriptionThis district is in 2007 mainly on the right, with 15 cantonal advisers UMP or DVD: there are only 6 PS, PCF or DVG and 3 UDF.
Deputies of the 1st district of Lozere during the 5th Republic
Electoral results of the legislative elections of 2002
Candidates with the legislative elections of 2007
- UMP: Francis Saint-Leger
- PS: Jean-Claude Chazal
- FN: Bernadette Couvreur
- Alternate + Green: François Roux
- MNR: Francoise Weber
- PCF: Robert Aigouin
- Modem: Jean-Jacques Delmas
|Random links:||Ali Dragon | USK Prague | Henry Rollins | Pierre Moerlen | Events of Guébié | Juif_utile|