The First Age is one era in the history of the Ground of the Medium, the imaginary world created by J.R.R. Tolkien. It starts strictly speaking with the creation of Eä and finishes with the War of Anger and the defeat of Morgoth, thus including the Années of Valar and the Années of the Trees.
The principal event after the birth of the Sun is the combat of the Elfe S against the troops of Morgoth, with the impulse of the expelled Noldor of Valinor to recover the Silmaril S. This Age is also the arrival of the Men to the Beleriand. The Edain became friendly Elfe S. And the Eastern ones pass on the side of the Enemies. It is also at this period of the evolution of Arda that the Dragon S appear.
Chronology of the First Age of the Sun
Year 1 - the Sun and the Moon are created, the Men awake in Hildórien.
- 5 - Fingon delivers Maedhros, reconciling the troops of Fëanor and Fingolfin.
- 20 - Mereth Aderthad, the Festival of the Meeting again.
- 53 - Turgon is brought by Ulmo on the future site of Gondolin.
- 60 - Dagor Aglareb: this crushing victory of the Noldor, directed by Fingolfin, enables them to begin the seat of Angband.
- 65 - Finrod builds the tower of Barad Nimras (" The Tower of the Blanche" Horn;) on a course of the Falas between Brithombar and Eglarest.
- 102 - the construction of Nargothrond is completed by Finrod, which becomes the king about it.
- 116 - Completion of Gondolin . The people of Turgon start to emigrate in secrecy since Nevrast to the new city.
- 260 - Glaurung makes its first exit out of Angband, but it is easily pushed back by some archers, carried out by Fingon.
- 310 - Bëor Old the leads the First House of the Edain to the Beleriand: discovered Men by Finrod .
- 320 - Birth of Maeglin, wire of Aredhel and Eöl.
- 389 - Birth of Hador, future Lord of Dor-lómin
- 432 - Birth of Beren Erchamion.
- 455 - Morgoth breaks the seat of Angband during Dagor Bragollach (“Battle of the sudden flame”); it kills Fingolfin in duel; Húrin and Huor makes a short stay with Gondolin . Taken fortress of Finrod, Undermined Tirith, by the forces of Sauron; its chief Orodreth flees towards Nargothrond. Minas Tirith is famous Tol-in-Gaurhoth, the Island of the Wolves-garous
- 460 - Barahir and its companions is killed, Beren becomes an outlaw.
- 463 - Birth of Túrin Turambar with Dor-lómin. First meeting of Beren and Lúthien.
- 465 - Beren and Finrod, which he asked of the assistance, is imprisoned with Tol-in-Gaurhoth. Finrod is killed by a werewolf, but Beren is helped by Lúthien.
- 466 - End of the search of the Silmaril by Lúthien and Beren, which dies. Lúthien is let die and beseeched Mandos. The couple is brought back to the life and settles in Ossiriand on the island of Tol Galen
- 470 - Birth of Dior Eluchíl on the island of Tol Galen.
- 472 - Nirnaeth Arnoediad, “Battles of the innumerable tears”: Fingon is killed by Gothmog, Huor is killed in the marshes of the Serech, Húrin is captured by Morgoth. Birth of Tuor, wire of Huor.
- 473 - Seat and taken ports of the Falas, Brithombar and Eglarest, by the armies of Morgoth. Morwen sends his/her Túrin son to Doriath, where Thingol adopts it. Birth of Nienor, girl of Húrin.
- 484 - Túrin flees Doriath and joined a band of outlaw.
- 489 - Túrin kills his/her friend Beleg by accident. The Elf Gwindor the conduit with Nargothrond.
- 494 - the sword Gurthang is reforged by Túrin
- 495 - Bag of Nargothrond. Arrival of Tuor to Gondolin
- 497 - Dior wife Nimloth.
- 498 - Túrin marries his/her Nienor sister: he does not know it, she became amnesic under the glance of Glaurung.
- 499 - Died of the dragon Glaurung, Túrin Turambar and Nienor Níniel in Brethil.
- env.500-503 - Thingol is killed and Doriath is devastated by the Nains of Belegost. Beren, the Laiquendi and the Ent S destroy them. Melian turns over afflicted to Valinor. Lúthien carries the Silmaril. Dior remelts Doriath
- approx. 501 - Died of Morwen
- approx. 502 - Died of Beren and Lúthien. Dior receives the Silmaril. Died of Húrin. Tuor marries Idril, girl of Turgon.
- 503 - Birth of Elwing, girl of Dior.
- 507 - Doriath is again devastated. Dior, Nimloth and its sons are killed. Celegorm, Curufin and Caranthir all is killed. Elwing flees towards the sources of the Sirion with the Silmaril
- 510 - Gondolin, betrayed by Maeglin, is put at bag. Died of king Turgon. Glorfindel kills a Balrog in the Echoriath, and itself is killed. Ecthelion and Gothmog is entretuent. Tuor, Idril and their son Eärendil succeed in fleeing, with some survivors.
- 532 - Elrond and Elros is born from the union of Eärendil and Elwing.
- 538 - the remaining wire of Fëanor attack the inhabitants of the Mouths of the Sirion to take the Silmaril Eärendil. Amrod and Amras is killed. Eärendil and his wife Elwing leave for Valinor to beseech the forgiveness of the Valar.
- 545-587 - the War of Anger - the Valar leave Valinor. Morgoth east demolishes and thrown in the Vacuum. Most of the Beleriand is submerged.
- 590 - the two last Silmaril S are stolen by Maedhros and Maglor, but are lost. The Elfe S turn over in mass to Valinor and settle with Tol Eressëa, but some refuse, like Galadriel or Gil-galad. Most of the Noldor remains with the Lindon. Many Sindar leaves for the East and founds kingdoms, like Thranduil.
|Random links:||Beautiful Hen | Edgar Chahine | Benoit Montenat | Stone (album) | Flag of Zanzibar | Fibre_de_verre|