Festival of Montgolfiers of Gatineau
Founded in 1988 per Jean Boileau, the festival first of all wanted to be an activity of promotion of the young town of Gatineau. It was also above all, a family festival. The festival quickly became the appointment estival number one in Outaouais.
The festival knew its apogee at the end of the years 1990, with more than 150 montgolfiers on the site and with 225.000 visitors. Today, the festval accommodates 80 montgolfiers and approximately 200.000 visitors, of which the quarter come from the outside of the area of Ottawa-Gatineau. Since the years 2000, the festival is very unstable on the level of its administration, with a good number of resignations and dismissals.
Place of a national competition of strong man.
However, in spite of these problems administrative, the festival is a very good success all the same. The Park the Bay remains the place or to divert itself in Gatineau at the time of the Labor Day.
1988 : 47 montgolfiers, 34.000 visitors. Spectacle of the Nuance.
- 1989: 65 montgolfiers, 90.000 visitors. Spectacles of Celine Dion and Pierre Flynn.
- 1990: 85 montgolfiers, 110.000 visitors. Spectacles of Mitsou and Paul Piché.
- 1991: 90 montgolfiers, 150.000 visitors. Spectacles of Daniel Lavoie, Andre-Philippe Gagnon, Marjo and Unpleasant Penguin.
- 1992: 125 montgolfiers and 170.000 visitors. Spectacles of Richard Séguin, Luc De Larochellière, Celine Dion and the B.B
- 1993: 150 montgolfiers and 185.000 visitors. Spectacles of Robert Charlebois, Ginette Reno, Alannah Myles and Julie Mass.
- 1994: 150 montgolfiers and 200.000 visitors. Spectacles of France Of Love, Claude Dubois, Edith Butler, Gilles Vigneault and Roch Neighbor.
- 1995: 150 montgolfiers and 200.000 visitors. Spectacles of Marjo, Sonia Benezra, Mitsou, Mario Pelchat, Jim Corcoran, Sylvain Cossette, Michael Rancourt, Eric Lapointe and Gildor Roy.
- 1996: 150 montgolfiers, 225.000 people. Robert Charlebois, Andre-Philippe Gagnon, Marie Carmen and Kevin Relative.
- 1997: 150 montgolfiers, 225.000 visitors. Spectacles of Richard Séguin, daN Bigras, Anthony Kavanagh, Gipsy Kings and Drunk Attorneys.
- 1998: Sixth championship of the world of airship with hot air. Approximately 150 montgolfiers and 200.000 visitors pressed the ground of the Park the Bay. Spectacles of Claude Dubois, Dubmatique, Luce Dufault, Jonny Lang, Kevin Relative and Sylvain Cossette.
- 1999: 150 montgolfiers and 200.000 visitors. Spectacles of Dubmatique, Bruno Pelletier, Corey Binder and Jean Leloup.
- 2000: 200.000 visitors. No flight because of the temperature. Spectacles of Zachary Richard, Marjo, Eric Lapointe, the Baffle, Pierre Lalonde and Richard Abel.
- 2001: 200.000 visitors. Spectacles of Luck Mervil, Sylvain Cossette, Bruno Pelletier and Okoumé, Fernand Gignac and Annie Brocoli.
- 2002: new festival centered on the balloons and the magic. Drastic fall of the number of balloons. Grosso-modo even level of frequentation. Spectacles of: Alain Choquette, Gabrielle Destroismaisons, Mario Pelchat, Boom Desjardins, Richard Séguin and Stephan Rousseau.
- 2003: 70 montgolfiers. Spectacles of Roch Neighbor, Daniel Bélanger, Bob Walsh, Excentric Hugues, Yelo Molo and Sizeable the.
- 2004: 80 montgolfiers and 200.000 visitors. Spectacles of Daniel Boucher, Nanette Workman, Marie-Chantal Toupin, Laurence Jalbert, Melanie Renaud, Andree Watters, Bruno Pelletier, Gino Vannelli, Bottine Souriante and Martin Giroux.
- 2005: 70 montgolfiers. Spectacles of Boom Desjardins, Eric Lapointe, Hugo Lapointe, Martin Deschamps, Florent Stealing, Michel Pagliaro, Marie-Chantal Toupin, Luck Mervil, Vincent Vallières, Émily Bégin, Marie-May, Nicola Ciccone and the Boogie Wonder Band.
- 2006: 170.000 visitors. Spectales of Simple plan, Stéphanie Lapointe, Annie Villeneuve, Véronic Dicaire, Marjo, Garou and Cowboys Fringants.
|Random links:||Maxime of Sofia | Saint-Leger-of-the-Martinière | Ruhnu | National party of the people (Curaçao) | Prudnik | Pays_européens_fictifs|