scientific Name : Rhododendron ferrugineum
- Common nouns : Ferruginous rhododendron, Rose laurel of the Alps, Rosage, Rose of the Alps.
- Family: Éricacées
- Kind: Rhododendron , of the “pink” Greek rhodon and dendron “tree”
- Form: bushes from 30 to 120 cm height, marrying the forms of the relief.
- Sheets: persistent, glabrous on whole board not cilié, of color dark green and luisantes in lower part.
- Flowers: odorous of beautiful a pink sharp, grouped by 6 to 10 at the end of the branches.
- Flowering: from June to August.
- Habitat: rubbles, lawns, wood lights on the acid grounds of the slopes north.
- Altitude: between 1600 and 2400 Mr.
- Toxicity: yes, contains Arbutine, Aricoline and of Rhodoxanthine. They are considered of average toxicity, but causes vomiting, various digestive disorders, nervous, respiratory and cardiovascular disorders.
- protected Plant: not
See tooFlowers of the Alps
|Random links:||Pretty Hastens Machine | Corneria | Santiago Meson | Arthur Henry Shakespeare Lucas | Fault lines | Vitamine|