- 1250 : Capture Louis IX by the Mamelouks in Mansourah.
1587 : Execution of Marie Stuart.
1663 : Louis XIV creates the Académie of painting.
1798 : The Directoire imposes a Constitution on the Swiss cantons.
1808 : The Minister of Finances of Napoleon, the count Mollien, decides that the funds allocated with the service of the République of the Seven-Islands will be dispatched with Corfou each month since Florence in the shape of 250.000 Francs out of gold.
1815 : Vienna: For the first time, an international diplomatic conference discusses officially the draft of the Blacks and slavery.
- Creation of the States confederated of America.
- the urban middle-class founds the Parti the progress , of which the goal is the unit of the Germany under Prussian direction.
1871 : Election of a National Assembly in France. The results give a vast majority to the royalists, all confused tendencies, with 430 elected officials approximately against 200 republicans.
1873 : The Tribunal of the conflicts returns the Arrêt Blanco, base of the Administrative law French.
1879 : Sandford Flemming proposes to divide the world of 24 equal time zones and recommends the one hour adoption normal universal.
1904 : Port-Arthur by the Japanese attacks: beginning of the war Russo-Japanese woman.
1908 : Creation of the first cinematographic company of publicity: " Publicity animée" .
1910 : Creation of the Servant boys Scouts of America.
- 1915 : While the Europe dies in the Great War, the Americans discover the film Naissance of a nation , the spectacular of David Wark Griffith.
1937 : The Franquistes take Malaga.
1948 : End of the Ve Winter Olympics to St Moritz.
1958 : French aviation bombards the village Sakhiet Sidi Youssef to fight against the FLN (Front of national release of Algérie, for independence).
1975 : Soviet Cosmonautes undertake a drive with the Americans, for an orbital rendezvous between Soyuz and Apollo.
1983 : The Israeli board of inquiry into the massacres of the Palestinian camps of Sabred and Chatila, to Beirut, recommends the resignation of the Israeli Minister for Defense, the general Ariel Sharon.
- Opening of the XVIe Winter Olympics to Albertville.
- Heike Henkel increases the female world records indoor of the high jump to 2 m 07.
- 1993 : The crash landing of an airliner chartered by Iran Air Turns against an military apparatus Soukhoï, keep silent 132 passengers and team members of the plane, the pilot and the copilot of the military aircraft.
1999 : Farmers invade and ransack, with Paris, the buildings of the National school of administration (ENA) and of the Department of the Environment of which the office of the minister Dominique Voynet.
2000 : The National Assembly adopts in third reading the bills on the office plurality of the electoral mandates.
- the navigatrice Ellen MacArthur buckles the round the world tour with the veil as a recluse and without stopover in record time 71 days 14 hours 18 minutes and 33 seconds, that is to say 1 day 8 hours 35 minutes 49 seconds in advance on the preceding record of Francis Joyon.
- Israeli the Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and have chaired it Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas engage, at the time of the top of Charm el-Cheikh (Egypt), to put an end to mutual violences in order to start again the peace process in the dead end for four years.
- 2006 :
- In Thailand, 400 parachutists celebrate the 60e birthday of the king Bhumibol Adulyadej by establishing new world records of the greatest training of parachustists. The figure carried out by the jumpers represents a gigantic snowflake.
- Steve Fossett takes off of Florida for accomplished a complete round the world tour by the East with 13.000 meters of altitude and to establish new world records; that of the longest non-stop flight on board a balloon: 42.450 km.
2007 : the Middle East: the Hamas and the Fatah sign a Accord on a Palestinian government of national union with Mecque to put an end to the Affrontements interpalestiniens and the re-establishment of the suspended international assistance.
- 411: Proclus (in Greek old Πρόκλος/ Próklos ) called “Proclos the Successor”, neo-platonist Philosopher and grammairien. († April 17th 487).
- 1291 : Alphonse IV, king of the Portugal, with Lisbon
- 1552: Theodore Clutched of Aubigné, writer French († May 9th 1630)
- 1594: Vincent II of Mantoue, noble Italian, duke of Mantoue and Montferrat († December 26th 1627, 33 years)
- 1627: Jonas Moore, clerk and mathematician English
- 1677: Jacques Cassini, physicist and mathematician French
- 1765: Joseph Leopold von Eybler, Austrian type-setter . († July 24th 1846).
- 1799 : John Lindley, British botanist († November 1st 1865)
- 1700: Daniel Bernoulli, Swiss mathematician
- 1804: Eugene Sweats, French writer, author of serialized stories
- 1805: Louis Auguste Blanqui, socialist French († January 1st 1881)
- 1810: Alphonse-Louis Constant, known as Eliphas Lévi, French occultist
- 1815: Auguste Lacaussade, French poet
- 1819: John Ruskin, writer and social reformer British
- 1822: Maxime of the Camp, French writer. († February 9th 1894).
- 1828 : Jules Verne, French writer († March 24th 1905)
- 1845: Francis Ysidro Edgeworth, mathematician Irish
- 1851: Kate Chopin, American auteure († August 22nd 1904)
- 1875: Thomas John Anson Bromwich, British mathematician
- 1883: Joseph Schumpeter, theorist and economist austro - American
- 1924: Irving Reiner, American mathematician
- 1925: Jack Lemmon, American actor
- 1928: Ennio De Giorgi, Italian mathematician
- 1929: Claude Rich, French actor.
- 1931 : James Dean, American actor. († September 30th 1955)
- 1932: John Williams, American type-setter
- 1941: Nick Nolte, American actor
- 1949: Niels Arestrup, French actor of Danish origin
- 1953: Mary Steenburgen, American actress
- 1965: Mathilda May, French actress
- 1966: Dimitri Konyshev is a Russian racing cyclist , born with Gorki.
- 1968 : Gary Coleman, actor, scenario writer and American producer
- 1971: Dmitri Neljubin, Russian cyclist, Olympic champion († January 1st 2005)
- 1974: Guennadi Mikhailov, Russian racing cyclist born with Cheboksari.
- 1978 : Gary Coleman, American actor
- 1980: Lee Jae-eun, South Korean actress
- 1250 :
- Robert Ier d' Artois, count d' Artois, cross (° 1216)
- Raoul de Coucy, lord of Coucy, cross. (° v. 1215).
- 1265 : Houlagou Khan, Mongolian personality (° 1217)
- 1296: Przemysl II, king of Poland (° October 14th 1257)
- 1529: Baldassare Castiglione, writer and diplomatic Italy N (° December 6th 1478)
- 1587: Marie Anger of Scotland, queen of Scotland (° December 8th 1542)
- 1696: Ivan V of Russia, tsar of Russia (° September 6th 1666)
- 1709: Giuseppe Torelli, Italian type-setter (° April 22nd 1658)
- 1725: Pierre Ier of Russia says Pierre the Large one, tsar of Russia (° June 9th 1672)
- 1749: Jan van Huysum, Dutch painter (° April 15th 1682)
- 1849: France Prešeren, Slovenien poet (° December 3rd 1800)
- 1856: Agostino Bassi, biologist Italy N (° September 25th 1773).
- 1909 : Mieczysław Karłowicz, type-setter Polish (° December 11th 1876)
- 1910: Hans Jæger, writer and Norwegian anarchistic theorist (° September 2nd 1854)
- 1921: Pierre Alexeiévitch Kropotkine, Russian aristocrat , scientific, more known explorer then like anarchistic (° November 27th 1842)
- 1935: max Liebermann, German painter (° July 20th 1847)
- 1957: John von Neumann, logician and data processing specialist Hungarian (° December 28th 1903).
- 1957 : Walther Bothe, German physicist, Nobel Prize of physics 1954 (° January 8th 1891)
- 1960: Sir Gilles Gilbert Scott, British architect (° November 9th 1880)
- 1964: Ernst Kretschmer, German psychiatrist (° October 8th 1888)
- 1972: Fritz Zwicky, Swiss astrophysicist américano- (° February 14th 1898)
- 1975: Robert Robinson, British chemist , Nobel Prize of chemistry 1947 (° September 13rd 1886)
- 1994: Raymond Scott, type-setter of electronic music (° September 10th 1908)
- 1995: Józef Maria Bocheński, philosopher Polish (° August 30th 1902)
- 1998: Halldór Laxness, writer Icelandic, Nobel Prize of literature 1955 (° April 23rd 1902)
- 1999: Iris Murdoch, écrivaine British (° July 15th 1919)
- 2001: Ivo Caprino, Norwegian cartoon film realizer (° February 17th 1920)
- 2002: Ong Teng Cheong, president de Singapour (° January 22nd 1936)
- Gaston Rahier, pilot of motor bike (cross-country race and rally-raid) Belgian (° 1947)
- Jimmy Smith, organist of jazz states-unien (° December 8th 1925)
- , American beater of The Doobie Brothers . (° February 18th 1948)
- 2007: Anna Nicole Smith, mannequin and American actress (° November 28th 1967)
FestivalsJackie, Jacotte, Jacoumeto, Jacquemine, Jacquette, Jacquine, Jacquotte, Jakeza, Jamila, Jaqueline
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Dorothée de Césarée date principal February 6th
- Cuthman de Steninges († 889)
- Jacut de Landoac (5th century), abbot of Landoac.
- Meingold of Liege († 892) penitent and martyr.
- Paul de Verdun († 649), bishop.
- Fifth († 249)
- Theodore Stratilate (4th century) (Eastern date)
- Zacharie (prophet) (VI E)
Catholic saints of the day
- Holy Etienne de Grandmont (1124), founder of Grandmont
- Jacqueline d' Assise († 1239), disciple of François saint.
- Happy Jacqueline de Septisoles († 1274), disciple of saint François d' Assise
- Holy Jean de Matha, (1160 - 1213), founder of the Congregation of Holy Trinitaires
- Jerome Emilien (1537), Venetian soldier, bishop of Venice
- Holy Joséphine Bakhita (1947), Sudanese woman, religious
- Holy Pietro d' Igneo (1089), monk vallombrosain, cardinal-bishop of Albano
Orthodoxe saints of the day
- Holy Sabas II of Serbia (1271), monk with the Mount Athos, archbishop of Pec and nephew of saint Sabas Ier of Serbia.
Beats-smg: Vasarė 8 Be-X-old: 8 лютага Fiu-vro: 8. radokuu päiv Nds-nl: 8 febrewaori Simple: February 8 Zh-classical: 二月八日 Zh-yue: 2 月 8 號
|Random links:||Tourism in Ardeche | Kajagoogoo | Lactation | Parčin | The Last lantern | John Vaughan Thompson|