Faculty of the installation of the University of Montreal
The Faculty of the installation of the University of Montreal exemption of professional trainings and carries out research in the five disciplines of the Aménagement which are the Architecture, the Architecture of landscape, the industrial Design, the Design of interior and the Urbanisme.
- the School of architecture, founded in 1959, is centered on the processes of design and the catch in consideration of the whole of the related questions in the built medium. Hearth of the architectural culture and active core of research and radiation, it endeavors to support the generation and matérialisation of the ideas able to answer more the needs and aspirations of the users and the communities.
the School of architecture of the landscape, only school in Quebec to exempt a teaching in this field, acts, since its foundation in 1968, as leader in the development and the transmission of knowledge connected to the landscape and the design of the external mediums. The Pulpit in landscape and environment is attached to him.
the School of industrial design was created in 1978. It is the only institution in Quebec to give a university training in industrial design. In partnership with companies and institutions local and international, it contributes to the development and the rise of the young discipline which is the industrial design. Its baccalaureat in design also includes/understands, since 1998, the orientation design of interior.
the Institut of town planning of the University of Montreal, founded in 1961, constitutes a hearth of formation and of research in Urbanisme, in all that is contributes to the organization of geographical space, of the project of dwelling or public place until the diagrams of regional installation and with the development strategies. He is partner of the inter-University Group of Montreal " Cities and développement".
The HouseThe Faculty of installation occupies a building which was the property of the Sisters Missionaries of the Immaculate Conception.
The first construction goes back to 1936. The faculty of installation settles there in 1970 and the University becomes owner in 1995 about it. Since, several additions were carried out. The last restoration, which gained an outstanding commendation award in architecture, was carried out by the Saucier firm + Perotte/Menkès Shooner Dagenais, architects. Fitting-out outsides (the places, small squares, collective surfaces) are the work of the landscape gardeners Deshaies, Raymond/Blondin.
- With Faculty:
- Pulpit in landscape and environment
- Pulpit UNESCO in landscape and environment of the University of Montreal (CUPEUM)
- Group of research on the artefacts, design, interactions, experiments and new technologies (GRADIENT)
- GRCAO Groups of research in CAD
- GRET Groupe of research on the workspaces
- Groupe of research IF (IF Research Group)
- IRHA - Research institute in history of architecture
- Laboratoire of éco-design
- Laboratoire of rapid prototyping
- Laboratoire of study of potential architecture
- Observatoire on the interior city
Except inter-University Faculty
- Group of Montreal - City and development, INRS - Urbanization inter-University
- GREF - Group of research in forest ecology inter-University UQÀM
- CERIUM - international research and studies Center
- GRAU - Group of research on the urban architecture
- GRAD - Group of applied research to the design
- GRCEB - Group of research in conservation of the environment built
- Laboratory of museography
|Random links:||Barbarism | GeografÃa de TaiwÃ¡n | Schefferville | Jay Paulson | Alex Row | County of Kaifeng | La_batte_!|