Faces of the figures
Of the faces of the figures is an album of the French rock group Noir Desire.
Five years after the last album, Noir Desire definitively leaves side its rage and its rock'n'roll engaged for a calmer sound, a softer voice, and some various ballades.
This album marks also many collaborations, Manu Chao with the guitar on the wind will carry us , Brigitte Fontaine on Europe enormous improvisation 23 minutes, or weapons poem of Léo Ferré which it did not have time to put in music.
The exit of the album coincides with the Western traumatism of the attacks. Other parallels exist. Thus “Misunderstanding enters the turns” the words of Of the faces of the figures (to be appreciated with the ambiguity of the word " tour"). Or in particular the Large Fire where one speaks about “Homage to art fireman” and about “New York City” inter alia cities like Babylon, London.
After the terrible events of Vilnius in 2003, the opinions of the fans on the future of Noir Desire are divided: some see this album like that of died of the group, others remain persuaded that it will not be the last. These were right since it was learned recently that the group would have resigned with its recording company for three albums, which would follow the coming out of prison of Bertrand Cantat.
Titles of the album
the Child king (6 ' 03)
- the Large fire (4 ' 37)
- the wind will carry us (4 ' 48)
- Of the weapons (words of Léo Ferré, 2 ' 47)
- the Apartment (4 ' 11)
- Of the faces of the figures (5 ' 12)
- Its style 1 (2 ' 07)
- Its style 2 (2 ' 28)
- To back to the place (4 ' 06)
- Lost (3 ' 21)
- Bouquet of nerves (4 ' 14)
- Europe (23 ' 43)
Bertrand Cantat: song, guitar, acoustic guitar, moriyn khuur, harmonica, trumpet of pocket (trombinette), didgeridoo, synthé, vocal percussion, piano
- Serge Teyssot-Gay: choruses, guitar, synthé, guitar zither, sampler, acoustic guitar, guitar baritone
- Denis Barthe: choruses, battery, percussion, electronic percussion, p' tit sampler, Moroccan drum, crotales, vibraphone, xylophone, tambourine, organ
- Jean-Paul Roy: choruses, low, synthé, synthé low, gumbri, organ
- Akosh S.: Clarinet metal and kalimba on the wind will carry us . Music, saxophone, whistle, clarinet, kalimba, kaval on Europe
- Brigitte Fontaine: text and song on Europe
- Manu Chao: guitar on the wind will carry us
- Romain Humeau (Eiffel): arrangements, direction cords, cor anglais and oboe on Of the faces, the figures
Production: Nick Sansano (1, 2,9,10,11), Jean Lamoot (3, 4,5,6,7,8) and Black Desire
- Words on Lyricwiki
|Random links:||Elastic potential energy | Mundo-Telegrama de Nueva York | Papilio thoas | Vézilly | Baudouin Ier de Guînes | Coati | Banlieue_noire_de_Kalamo,_Michigan|