With 2,20 million vehicles (all standards) products in 2006, group FIAT-IVECO-Irisbus is classified with the 7th world rank behind General Motors, Toyota, Ford, Volkswagen, DaimlerChrysler, Renault - Nissan and equal has PSA Peugeot-Citroen. These figures show a rise of more than 10% over the year 2005, for a turnover of 52 Mds€.
Following the death of Umberto Agnelli the May 27th 2004, it is Luca di Montezemolo, until there president de Ferrari, who was appointed president of FIAT SpA, John Elkann, grandson of Gianni Agnelli being appointed vice-president.
The group underwent a trading loss of 979 million euros in 2003 and more than one billion in 2004, which will remain in the memories of the leaders the blackest year of the century of existence of the company. The situation was clearly rectified since.
As of its rupture General American Motors, at the end of 2004, group FIAT very quickly found the financial health. In 2005, thanks to the success of its new models Panda and Large Punto, the results became positive and the assessment 2006 has allowed the distribution of the first dividend for 5 years. The results at end of 3rd quarter 2007 show a progression of 17,8% for FIAT Group Car and higher than 23% for Iveco and CNH.
In 2007 group FIAT goes much better. Its market shares strongly progressed in particular in automobile industry where they exceed 32% in Italy, and 9% in Europe; since the beginning of the year 2007, FIAT Car precedes Renault. New the FIAT 500 which was presented on July 4th, 2007, exactly 50 years after legendary “the yoghourt pot” of 1957 still will reinforce the positions of the mark, it collected more: 50000 orders before its official presentation. Growth of divisions heavy trucks IVECO and farm equipment and of construction CNH - NEW HOLLAND exceeds the 17% annual.
Group FIAT S.p.A.The group was centred in 2003 on its core activity, the motor vehicles. It was organized in nine operational sectors:
- Automobile; 49% of its total activity,
- material for the Agriculture and public works CNH - New Holland; 20%
- industrial vehicles IVECO; 17%
- sporting and luxurious cars Ferrari and Maserati;
- Metallurgy TEKSID; 1%
- component cars Magneti-Marelli; 12%
- systems of production Comau; 1%
- edition ITEDI;
- communication and services Business Solutions.
- FIAT Group Cars: 3 marks in Italy: FIAT Car, Lancia and Alfa Romeo
- FIAT Car in the world: FIAT Automoveïs with Brazil, FIAT TOFAS in Turkey, FIAT-NANJING in China, FIAT MEKONG in Vietnam, Southern FIAT Africa, FIAT SEVERSTAL in Russia, FIAT Argentinian, Venezuela, FIAT EL NASR Egypt, FIAT India (ex First) and recently in connection with TOUCHED,…
- FIAT Professional : division commercial vehicles
- FIAT Powertrain Technologies : division specialized in the engines and gear boxes
- IVECO (special Heavy trucks, vehicles), 100%
- in Italy: Iveco (ex FIAT V.I), Astra SpA: vehicles building site and dumpers, and SIVI: special vehicles for exceptional transport up to 740 tons
- in Europe: Iveco in Germany (ex Magirus), France (ex Unic), the United Kingdom (ex Ford the U.K. Trucks and Seddon Atkinson) and Spain (ex Pegaso)
- in the rest of the world: IVECO- OTOYOL in Turkey, URALAZ in Russia, IVECO-SAIC in China, IVECO ASHOK Leyland in India, IVECO Australia (ex International), Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela…
- Irisbus - 100% division coaches and bus of IVECO - regrouping of all the units IVECO Drunk Europe and ex Renault in 1999, manufactures its very broad range in Italy, Spain, France, Argentina, Brésil, Tunisia, India, China, Hungary and Czech Republic
- CNH : Farm equipment and public works, marks Box, New Holland, Steyr, FIAT-Allis, O&K and Kobelco, production sites in more than 80 countries in the world.
- Maserati 100% and Ferrari , 85%
Magneti-Marelli , 100% (industrial Components for the car, created in 1919)
- Comau , 100% (Machine tools) - 1st world manufacturer of robots for auto industry and heavy trucks - American PICO 1st world manufacturer of lines of body repurchased, division automation of Renault…
- Teksid , 84,8% (Parts engines out of cast iron, magnesium and aluminum)
- Elasis , 100% (Research)
- Centro Ricerche FIAT , 100% ( Research center FIAT)
- FIAT Powertrain Technologies : production of engines and gear boxes of last generation.
Foot-note : FIAT and General Motors broke their agreements crossed at January 1st, 2005. General Motors has to restore with FIAT the 10% of the capital which it still held in its subsidiary company FIAT Car, common companies FIAT General Motors Powertrain and Purchasing were dissolved, each one taking again its respective contributions. FIAT empoche with the passage 2 billion dollars and authorizes OPEL to be built under license, platform FIAT 199 of G-Punto for the Corsa news and will continue the sale of its diesel engines 1,3 Mjt and 1,9 Jtd 8v and 16v Mjt with the group General Motors for a use on the only marks Opel, Cadillac and Isuzu; Daewoo and its new denomination Chevrolet while being definitively excluded.
Waited until Suzuki also left the tutorat General Motors at the end of the year 2005, Japanese will buy directly with FIAT these same engines to equip their own range and will manufacture, under license FIAT Powertrain, the diesels 2.0 Multijet which leave in 2007.
Irony of the history: General Motors believed capacity to swallow FIAT Car after to have emptied it its engineers and tried to block his rise. General Motors lamentably failed. In April 2007, the quoted value of FIAT SpA is higher than that of General Motors and joined together Ford.
Since this divorce, FIAT made more than fourteen cooperation agreements with various manufacturers in the world including the one on June 19th, 2007 with the DaimlerChrysler group for the supply of: 80000 diesel engines per annum between 2009 and 2016. they are the very famous FIAT F1C which equips the Iveco Daily in particular, of 3l cubic capacity and 177 cv.
Itedi (Italiana Edizioni Spa, Stampa), 100%
- Business solutions (Services with the companies born at the origin of the needs for reclassification of personnel of which FIAT Gesco LTD)
Italenergia (a) , 24,6%
- RCS Mediagroup , 9,81%
History of the company
The formation of the companyThe act of creation of “Società Anonima Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino” is signed on July 11th 1899 in Palazzo Bricherasio, with Turin, in Italy. Thirty shareholders are counted, among the names of which appear Ceirano, Faccioli, Felicenazzaro, Vincenzo Lancia, Agnelli…, for an Authorized capital of: 800000 liras. Among these thirty founders are Ludovico Scarfiotti, which will be the first chairman of the board, and Giovanni Agnelli, the man who joined together them. Giovanni Agnelli is neither a technician, neither a financier, nor a speculator, it is a visionary and thanks to its dynamism it will take the direction of the company as of 1902.
Giovanni Agnelli which was a man of action, wanted very quickly to constitute a large company, of national importance, so that the young person Italy can remake his industrial backwardness on his French and German neighbors. The idea of Agnelli was to produce quickly Automobile S “popular”, usable by the greatest number, and it succeeds in persuading a group of financial inhabitants of Turin of the interesting prospects for the automobile production for this type.
As of the beginning it gives up the development of original models which would have made him waste time and money, and turns consequently to an existing model, designed by Ceirano and Faccioli, which had already sold some specimens of them. The events which follow show well the determination and the eagerness of Agnelli. The Ceirano company, declared on October 23rd 1898, is defined clearly as a “company for the manufacture of automobile prototypes” and as of on March 20th 1899 engineer Faccioli deposits the patent of its car. Hardly its ratified constitution, new business F.I.A.T repurchases the actions and the patents of the Ceirano company. It has a viable model then, the hardly started FIAT 3 1⁄2 HP, and capital; moreover it sub-contracted manufacture of the parts to tested companies.
The industrial epopee
F.I.A.T. inaugurate its first large factory in 1900, with the n°35 of Corso Dante. On a surface of 12000 m2, 150 workmen will produce 24 cars during this year 1900.
In 1902 the company starts to acquire its first noble letters in the automobile sport: FIAT presents the 24 HP Corsa, first car of competition carried out by the manufacturer, the nine FIAT engaged on the automobile Tour of Italy cross all the finishing line, Vincenzo Lancia gains the hill climb Sassi-Superga at the wheel of the 24 HP Corsa and Giovanni Agnelli establishes a new record on the FIAT 8 HP at the time of the Tour second of Italy.
In 1904, the oval logo on blue bottom, drawn by Biscaretti, is adopted.
In 1906 manpower of the FIAT rise with: 1500 paid, producing 1150 cars, and the company undertakes its first acquisitions by buying the Ansaldi company. On the sporting level Vincenzo Lancia gains Coppa d' Oro in Milan, while Mathis allocates Targa d' Oro of Coppa Herkomer to the wheel of a FIAT 40 HP. It is as at this time as exports start to take off, until representing two thirds of the production. FIAT adopts a strategy of growth centered on universalization and conquers big parts on growth markets, in particular in the United States, the point to create the Automobile FIAT Corporation in 1908 with the construction of a factory for a local manufacture.
The manufacturer starts to produce models dedicated to a specific use, like Standard FIAT 1 Fiacre, dedicated to the public transport (adopted in particular by the towns of New York, Paris, London…), and which will be produced with: 1600 specimens; but also of the commercial vehicles, the engines for the navy, the trucks, the trams, the planes…
In 1916 begins construction from the factory of the Lingotto, “ingot” 500 meters length, in Turin, under the direction of the architect Giacomo Mattè Trucco. When its construction is completed in 1922 it is largest and the most modern factory of Europe and consequently the emblem of Italian auto industry. The building, which occupies five stages is absolutely revolutionist and shelters on his roof a futuristic test track. This building is a masterpiece in the application of the Fordisme: the spare parts arrive at the ground floor and the cars are assembled with the wire of the 5 stages, transported by elevators, for finally being tested on the oval and inclined track which occupies the roof.
At this time of its history, the firm inhabitant of Turin is already the engine of Italian industry and its production starts to very largely diversify (railroads, steel-works, electricity, transport public…), so much so that during the First World War it produces trucks and armoured tanks, planes and engines, but also weapons and ammunition, and even uniforms, boots and bags for the soldiers. FIAT puts its whole industry at the service of the effort of war and leaves grown this conflict: the company counted: 4000 employees in 1914, it counts some: 40000 in 1918.
In the years 1930, FIAT is already an industrial empire of international scale. The group has factories on three continents (Europe, Latin America and even Asia). It is as at that time as it creates the mark Simca in France, FIAT-NSU become FIAT Neckar in Germany and later SEAT in Spain. However the policy of Autarky of Mussolini force the company to re-examine its development plans with international and to concentrate on the domestic market and heavy industries. The sectors aeronautics and railway, as well as public works, know a strong growth then. The slogan of FIAT is then: “On ground, sea and in the airs”. However, the growth perdure and the day before the Second world war manpower of the group are assembled to 55.000 employees.
In 1937 begins the construction of the factory of Mirafiori, which introduces the most advanced principles of industrial engineering of its time and confirms the orientation of the company towards the mass production. Its construction will be completed in 1939, and the new industrial complex will be inaugurated in the presence of Mussolini.
FIAT had and preserved contacts as much with the Nazis and the fascists, that with the allies and Resistance.
The rebuilding and economic boom
It is only in 1948, and thanks to the financial aid of the Marshall plan, that the rebuilding of the factories destroyed during the war finishes. In 1950 the production found its prewar level, one speaks then about “Italian miracle”. Vittorio Valletta pursues the strategy of growth, of acquisitions and diversification launched by Agnelli and the profits start again to grow and manpower to be increased.
In 1958 it is the economic Boom and the production increases in a way impressive, drawn by the production from cars and agricultural machinery. The factories of Mirafiori double their capacity, more: 50000 workmen work there in two stations and sometimes three. Automobile industry is the symbol of the Italian economic miracle, and FIAT, with 95% of the production of the country, plays a part of first order. The number of workmen reaches a maximum of: 230000.
After having helped with the creation of automobile industry in Yugoslavia with Zastava in the years 1950, in Spain with Seat, FIAT is the principal collaborator - originator and supplier - VAZ (Lada) in Soviet Union with Togliatti; it will also provide the licenses of manufacture for: 600000 Zigouli-Lada specimens per annum, copies of the models FIAT 124 and FIAT 125. The cars FIAT, in particular their platform, will be used as a basis for the unit of the manufacturers of the socialist camp, in particular the Soviet manufacturers as well as Polish FIAT-Polski FSO (either directly, or indirectly by the collaboration of Soviet manufacturers using the processes and technologies FIAT).
1990-2004: the crisis
Starting from the Years 1990, the benefit of FIAT start to decline, and this in spite of the presence of popular models (Panda, Uno, Tipo). The image of FIAT concerning its reliability and its completion, supplied with an often chauvinistic press, as in France in particular, makes him more and more wrong vis-a-vis the other manufacturers. This reputation diverts little by little the customers and the sales drop after 1990 (in particular in France where they fall from: 150000 with less: 60000 vehicles in 2000).
The group, always chaired by Gianni Agnelli then 80 years old, is then in great difficulty, the losses were never also important, and the boards of directors follow one another without success. The rumor on the assumption of a repurchase by a competitor is even advanced.
In March 2000 an agreement in two times is signed: General Motors takes, initially, 20% of the capital of division Automobiles FIAT and FIAT S.p.A. receives in exchange 6% of the totality of the group General Motors.
FIAT Stilo, launched on September 11th 2001 is a commercial failure in Europe, because of a bad positioning on the market, whereas this vehicle is technically very good and of good invoice and which is besides an excellent success in Latin America where it is also manufactured.
In June 2002, FIAT Car, burdened by a debt with 6,6 billion euros, is obliged to call upon the banks to relieve its treasury. A banking syndicate subscribes to 3 billion euros giving them a guarantee on part of the capital and buys 51% of the subsidiary company of Fidis credit. Among other measurements taken then, FIAT Group deposits in guarantee 34% of Ferrari near the financial group Mediobanca against 775 million euros. The business makes great noise then.
After the death of Gianni Agnelli in 2003, small son of the founder of FIAT, then of his/her brother Umberto Agnelli in 2004, it is Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, the president of Ferrari, which is called with the presidency of group FIAT. It is surrounded by a new executive team animated starting from June 2004 by a new managing director, Sergio Marchionne which will insufflate with the group a new dash and will reorganize completely the management of FIAT Car. In spite of the success of new the Panda, the new managing director imposes a severe reorganization, by replacing all the executive team and while cutting in the costs but not in manpower and by reorganizing manufacture.
This management quickly will bear its fruits as of 2005 and will stop the slow descent into Hell which FIAT Car had known. In 2004, the option to sell of FIAT concerning the automobile part near General Motors was broken, n the other hand of the payment by General Motors of an allowance of rupture of 1,55 billion euros in cash more the restitution of all the participations in FIAT Car, making it possible group FIAT to take again 100% of its automobile subsidiary company and to join again very quickly with its first benefit as of the same year.
Free from its intrigues, FIAT Car quickly will pass from partial and targeted industrial alliances. FIAT restructures and modernizes quickly its lines of products and like admitted it Luca de Meo, the director of the mark, to generate “ the money with a narrow range and few investments ” because “ it is necessary for us to put the investments on the cars which make large volumes, more than one hundred thousand units per annum (...) FIAT must remain popular but become again modern and design ”.
However, resurrection is based on Large FIAT Punto, indicated by Giugiaro and for which the values and the identity of the mark are finally rehabilitated. This new generation of its famous compacts, becomes in a few weeks the vehicle more sold all categories confused in Europe since the beginning of the year 2006. In April 2006 begins marketing from the first true 4x4 civil of the mark, FIAT Sedici, conceived in partnership with Suzuki. In May 2006, FIAT opens in Mirafiori close to Turin, the greatest automobile concession of the world, gathering all the models of group FIAT is: FIAT, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Ferrari and Maserati.
Even if the current success of only one model can nothing let predict for the future, the factories turn from now on to full mode and FIAT intends to maintain its growth of the sales to the current rhythm of 23% in 2006, tonic of 6,4% with more than 9% with the European prize list and forecasting a benefit of 1 billion euros for the year 2006, and like underlined it Sergio Marchionne, FIAT is become again today a serious competitor on a world level. In Italy even where the group had before the Années 1980 70% of market shares, it is in 2006 passed by again above the bar of the 31%.
With its first benefit, FIAT put forward fine September 2006 an option of repurchase, near Mediobanca which enabled him to recover the 29% of Ferrari yielded in 2002 for approximately 800 million euros, thus carrying its control with 85%. The 5% remainders had been yielded by the bank to the funds of investments Mudabala of Dubai. Piero Ferrari, the son of Enzo has 10% more of the group.
Mid- July 2007, the Market cap of the group still dying man three years earlier is higher (30 billion euros) that cumulated of Ford and General Motors (27,5 billion).
First of all, in January 2007, the news FIAT Cheer was presented officially to Rome. In spring, as of the living room of Geneva, the news FIAT Linea, presented in preview to the living room of Istanbul in November 2006, will be launched in the emerging markets like Turkey, Brazil, Argentina, India and Russia, in the same countries where it will be manufactured. This model, a Grande Punto with trunk should be marketed in Europe (Germany and Spain) in 2008. It is not a model low cost .
Then on July 4th, 2007, 50 years after day for day, appeared the re-appeared wonder of the past, FIAT 500 II Trepiùno, a car with the design retro very mode, evoking mythical FIAT 500 of 1957, a little like the Minis or New Beetle, but by offering four true places.
The objective of group FIAT is to build in the world 4 million motor vehicles since 2010.
As for all the manufacturers in the world, the models of the beginning of the century were baptized number of horses of output engine.
As from 1910, FIAT used Standard formula the “1”… etc, it is into 1920 that FIAT will reorganize the whole of its productions and chooses to give internal codes to its products. Thus one sees appearing the FIAT 501 in 1921.
5 being the code of automobile division, 6 ghost with the industrial vehicles trucks and bus, 7 with the farm tractors, the 1 being reserved him with division engines.
As from 1936, the name of the cars takes again the value of the cubic capacity, whereas the produced code remains on basis 500.
It is the shortly after the second world war that FIAT works out a plan of new models and changes its code names into taking the 1 for the cars, the 2 for the light industrial vehicles, the 3 for the coaches of line and luxury, the 4 for the urban buses, the 5 for the interurban buses, the 6 remainder for the trucks, the 7 for the farm equipment and of public works, the 8 allotted to Lancia and the 9 at Alfa Romeo.
Thus the FIAT 600 bears code name WINE: ZFA100.
In 1966, with the arrival of Gianni Agnelli to the orders of the empire FIAT, the cars take again the name of code name and one will know the FIAT 124, whose code WINE is ZFA124. This formula will be abandoned in 1978 with the profit of whimsical names like the FIAT Ritmo, whose code is ZFA138.
In the group, Lancia Thema is known under the name of code ZLA834 and Alfa Romeo 156: ZAR932.
In 2007 codes 1 very soon almost all will be used, FIAT will have to call upon a new system in the future.
- 1899 to 1909 -
- FIAT 3.5 HP (1899)
- FIAT 6 HP (1900)
- FIAT 8 HP (1901)
- FIAT 12 HP (1901)
- FIAT 24-32 HP (1903)
- FIAT 16-20 HP (1903)
- FIAT 60 HP (1904)
- FIAT Brevetti (1905)
- FIAT 24-40 HP (1906)
- FIAT 28-40 HP (1906)
- FIAT 20-30 HP (1908)
- FIAT 35-45 HP (1908)
- Standard FIAT Brevetti 2 (1908)
- 1910 to 1919 -
- Standard FIAT 1 (1910)
- Standard FIAT 2 (1910)
- Standard FIAT 3
- Standard FIAT 4
- Standard FIAT 5
- Standard FIAT 6
- Standard FIAT Zero
- 1920 to 1929 -
- FIAT 501 (1921)
- FIAT 505 (1921)
- FIAT 510 (1921)
- FIAT 519 (1922)
- FIAT 502 (1924)
- FIAT 507 (1925)
- FIAT 509, the car of Gaston Lagaffe (1925)
- FIAT 503 (1926)
- FIAT 512 (1926)
- FIAT 521 (1928)
- FIAT 514, the car of Tintin in Congo (1929)
- FIAT 520 Super FIAT (1920) and (1927)
- FIAT 525
- 1930 to 1939 -
- FIAT 522 (1931)
- FIAT 524 (1931)
- FIAT 508 Balilla (1932 - 2nd version in 1934)
- FIAT 508 S (1933)
- FIAT 518 Ardita (1933)
- FIAT 524 L (1933)
- FIAT 527 (1934)
- FIAT 1500 (1936)
- FIAT 500 Topolino (1936) so manufactured under license in Austria, Germany and France,
- FIAT 1100 (1937) so manufactured under license in Austria, Germany and France,
- FIAT 2800 (1939)
- 1940 to 1949 -
- FIAT 500 View-point (500 B) (1948)
- FIAT 1500 D (1949)
- FIAT 1100 B (1949)
- FIAT 1500 E (1949)
- FIAT 1100 E (1949)
- FIAT 500 C Topolino (1949) also manufactured in Austria, Germany and France,
- 1950 to 1959 -
- FIAT 1400 (1950) - model 101 - also manufactured in Austria, Spain and Yugoslavia,
- FIAT Campagnola (1951) - model 1105 - also manufactured in Yugoslavia,
- FIAT 8V (1952) - model 104
- FIAT 1900 (1952) - model 105 - also manufactured in Austria,
- FIAT 1100-103 (1953) - model 103 - also manufactured in Argentina, Germany, Austria and India,
- FIAT 1400 (1953) so manufactured in ex Yugoslavia, Spain and Austria - model 101
- FIAT 600 (1955) also manufactured in Spain, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, ex Yugoslavia and Germany - model 100
- FIAT 600 Multipla first generation (1955)
- FIAT 1100-103 E (1956) - model 103
- FIAT 500 (1957) also manufactured in Austria - model 110
- FIAT 1100-103 D (1957) - model 103D
- FIAT 1200 (1957) - model 103C
- FIAT 1800 (1959) - model 112
- FIAT 1500 - model 115
- FIAT 1600 S - model 118
- FIAT 1800/2100 - also manufactured in Spain - model 112
- 1960 to 1969 -
- FIAT 2300 (1961) - model 114
- FIAT 2300 S (1961) - model 114C
- FIAT 1300/1500 (1961) - also manufactured in Germany, Argentina and Yugoslavia - model 115
- FIAT 850 (1964) - also manufactured in Spain and Germany - model 100G
- FIAT 1100 R (1966) - also manufactured in Germany and India until 2000 - model 103R
- FIAT 124 (1966) elected car of the year 1967 - model 124 - also manufactured in Spain, Morocco, Korea, Turkey, India and Russia,
- FIAT 124 Spider (1966) - model 124S
- FIAT Dino Spider (1966) - model 135
- FIAT 124 Sport Cut (1967) - model 124C
- FIAT Dino cut (1967) - model 135C
- FIAT 125 (1967) - model 125 - also manufactured in Argentina,
- FIAT 125P (1968) manufactured in Poland, ex Yugoslavia and Colombia - model 115P
- FIAT 500 Lusso (1968) - model 110L
- FIAT 130 (1969) - model 130
- FIAT 128 (1969) elected car of the year 1970 also manufactured in Argentina and Serbia and Egypt still in 2007 - model 128
- 1970 to 1979 -
- FIAT 127 (1971) elected car of the year 1972 - model 127 - so manufactured in Spain and Poland
- FIAT 126 (1972) - model 126
- FIAT 132 (1972) - model 132 - also manufactured in Spain and Poland
- FIAT X1/9 (1972) - model 128S
- FIAT 126P (1973) manufactured only in Poland - model 126P
- FIAT 131 (1974) - model 131 - also manufactured in Spain, Morocco, and still in 2007 in Turkey
- FIAT Nuova Campagnola (1974) - model 1132
- FIAT 147 (1976) model only manufactured in Brazil and in Argentina - model 147
- FIAT Ritmo (1978) called Strada in the Anglo-Saxon countries - model 138 - also manufactured in Spain
- 1980 to 1989 -
- FIAT Panda (1980) - model 141 - also manufactured in Spain
- FIAT Silver plated (1981) - model 132C
- FIAT Regata (1983) also manufactured in Argentina and Turkey - model 149
- FIAT Uno (1984) elected car of the year 1984 - model 146 - so manufactured in Brazil, Argentina, Morocco, Poland, Turkey and China
- FIAT Croma (1985) - model 154
- FIAT Tipo (1988) elected car of the year 1989 - model 160 - also manufactured in Turkey and Brésil
- 1990 to 1999 -
- FIAT Tempra (1990) also manufactured in Turkey and Brésil - model 159 - so manufactured in Turkey and Brésil
- FIAT Cinquecento (1991) only manufactured in Poland - model 170
- FIAT Punto (1993) elected car of the year 1995 - model 176
- FIAT Cut (1993) - model 175
- Ulysses I (1994) - model 220 - manufactured only with Valencians
- FIAT Barchetta (1995) - model 183
- FIAT Cheer ( 1995) elected car of the year 1996 - model 182 - asussi manufactured in Turkey, Brésil
- FIAT Faced (1995) elected car of the year 1996 so manufactured in Turkey and in Brazil - model 182
- FIAT Marea (1996) also manufactured in Turkey and in Brazil - model 185 - also manufactured in Turkey, Brésil
- FIAT Palio (1997) world car manufactured in more than 20 countries - model 178
- FIAT Seicento (1998) manufactured only in Poland - model 187
- FIAT Siena (1998) - model 178 - manufactured in more than 14 country
- Multipla (1999) - model 186
- FIAT Punto II (1999) - model 188 - so manufactured in Serbia
- 2000 to 2009 -
- FIAT 500 II (2007) presentation on July 4th, 2007 - made in Poland - model 150; is used as a basis for the second generation of Ford Ka (2008).
- FIAT Panda II (2003) second generation, elected car of the year 2004 manufactured in Poland - model 169.
- FIAT Panda II 4x4 (2004) manufactured in Poland - model 169.
- FIAT Panda Cross-country race (2006)
- FIAT Large Punto (2005) - model 199 - also manufactured in Brazil.
- FIAT Linea (2007) alternative three volumes of Large Punto; made in Turkey, Brazil, China and Russia - model 311.
- FIAT Idea (2004) small monospace, also manufactured in Brazil - model 350.
- FIAT Sedici (2006) small SUV made in Hungary in J-V with Suzuki, this last being the project superintendent in the project.
- FIAT Doblò (2001) " ludospace" competitor of the Citroen Berlingo and Renault Kangoo, manufactured in Turkey, Brazil, Vietnam and Russia - model 223.
- FIAT Stilo (2001) also manufactured in Brazil - model 192 - so manufactured in Turkey and Brésil. Replaced in 2007 by new the Cheer.
- New FIAT Cheer (2007) - model 198.
- New FIAT Croma (2005) - model 194.
- Ulysses II (2002) - model 222 - manufactured with Valencians in France.
Commercial vehiclesSince the month of April 2007, division FIAT Veicoli Commerciali - LCV - became FIAT Professional.
- FIAT 621 also manufactured in ex Yugoslavia, Russia and Poland
- FIAT 1100T
- FIAT 615 - 616 also manufactured under license in Austria
- FIAT 850T - 900T - model 200G
- FIAT 238 - model 238
- FIAT 241 - model 238
- FIAT 242 - Citroen C35 - model 242
- FIAT Fiorino - models 127/147/146
- FIAT Ducato I - Peugeot J5|Ducato I - Citroen C25]] - model 280
- FIAT Ducato II - Peugeot Boxer|Ducato II - Citroen Jumper]] - model 230
- FIAT Doblò I - made in Turkey, Brazil and Russia - model 223
- FIAT Ducato III - Peugeot Boxer|Ducato III - Citroen Jumper]] 2006 - model 244
- FIAT Doblò II - 2006 - manufactured in Turkey
- Scudo II - 2007 - manufactured in France
- FIAT Fiorino II, Peugeot Bipper, Citroen Nemo - Oct. 2007 - small vans born of the co-operation between FIAT, PSA Peugeot Citroen and Tofaş - made in Turkey.
Industrial vehicles - trucks - bus - heavy trucksCreated in 1907, division heavy trucks FIAT V.I manufactured and marketed under its name a considerable number of standard vehicles of touts, trucks light, heavy, very heavy, military, special, bus and bus.
After the repurchase many other manufacturers in Italy and in the world, FIAT V.I rose with the second European rank in the speciality.
- Mirafiori - Turin (Piedmont), 11.500 employees, Large Production of FIAT Punto and FIAT Punto, FIAT Idea, FIAT Multipla, Musa Lancia, Lancia Thesis and Alfa Romeo 166.
- Atessa-Valley di Sangro (the Abruzzi), 4.400 employees, Production of FIAT Ducato and the models clones for PSA
- Casino (Latium), 3.500 employees, Production of FIAT Stilo SW, New FIAT Croma and FIAT Cheer II,
- Melfi (Basilicate), 5.000 employees, Production of Large FIAT Punto.
- Pomigliano d' Arco (Campania), 4.600 employees, Production of the Alfa Romeo 147 - 159 - WP and Sportwagon
- Termini-Imerese (Sicily), 1.350 employees, Production of the Lancia Ypsilon
- Mirafiori (Piedmont), 1700 employees, engines and transmissions
- Verrone (Piedmont), 500 employees, transmissions
- Arese (Lombardy), 370 employees, driving
- Termoli (Weakens) 2100, driving and transmissions
- Pratola Serra (Campania), 1500 employees, driving
Abroad, principal sites of group FIAT:
- Bielsko Biała (Poland) - construction of engines, in particular famous 1,3 MJtd (used by OPEL for its Corsa, Astra and Meriva, and Suzuki for Ignis…)
- Tychy (Poland) - FIAT 600 - FIAT Panda II - FIAT 500 II and future FORD KA. 450.000 véhicules/an.
- Bursa (Turkey) - FIAT Doblò for all the European markets, FIAT Palio, Siena, Marea, old FIAT 131 and the any news FIAT Linea. 350.000 véhicules/an.
- Betim (Minas Gerais, Brazil) - FIAT Uno -1000, Palio, Palio SW, Siena, Stilo, Doblò, Strada, Fiorino, Idea, Marea and Large Punto. 650.000 véhicules/an.
- Sete Lagoas (Mined Managed, Brésil) - FIAT Ducato and all the range IVECO. 20.000 vans and 8.000 camions/an.
- Vittoria (Venezuela) - FIAT Uno -1000 and Palio + Range trucks IVECO.
- Cordoba (Argentina) - driving and gear boxes. FIAT-touched Pickup and FIAT Siena as from 2008.
- Kurla and Mombay-ex Bombay (India) - FIAT Palio, Palio Adventure and Petra. 100.000 véhicules/an.
- Nanjing (China) - FIAT Palio and the news Beaded. 100.000 véhicules/an.
- Victoria (Africa de Sud) - FIAT Uno, Palio, Palio SW and Siena. 20.000 véhicules/an.
- Naberejnyïe Tchelny (Russia) as from 2007, assembly of the FIAT in CKD coming from Turkey: Palio, Palio SW, Siena, Doblò and Ducato van. 175.000 véhicules/an.
- Annonay (France) - urban Buses Irisbus.
- Bourbon Lancy (France) - Driving trucks IVECO.
- Vénissieux (France) - Bus and coaches Irisbus.
- Madrid (Spain) - Ranges IVECO (trucks of building site) and Irisbus (bus and coaches)
- Ulm (Germany) - Range IVECO (heavy trucks of line)
Foreign manufacturers related to group FIAT
- the USA: 1908 FIAT Corp. begin construction from models FIAT in addition to the Atlantic.
- Poland: FIAT-Polski 1935: FIAT 508 Balilla, FIAT 518, FIAT 500 Topolino, FIAT 1100, FIAT 1500, taken again in 1967 with FIAT 125P, FIAT 132 P, FIAT 127 P, and FIAT 126P, then under the mark FSM FIAT 126P, FIAT Cinquecento, and under label FIAT Poland, the FIAT Seicento , FIAT Panda II and the news FIAT 500 II.
- Germany: since 1922 FIAT-NSU become then FIAT Neckar: FIAT 521, FIAT 508 Balilla, FIAT 519 Ardita, FIAT 500 Topolino, FIAT 1100, FIAT 1500, FIAT 2500. After the second world war: FIAT 500, FIAT 600 Jagst, FIAT 1100 -103, FIAT 1300/1500, Autobianchi Panoramica, FIAT 850, FIAT 1100 R. Arrêt in 1971.
- Spain: 1950 creation of Seat: FIAT 1400, FIAT 600, FIAT 1500L, FIAT 124, FIAT 132, FIAT 127, FIAT 128 3P, FIAT 131, FIAT Panda, FIAT Ritmo, stop of the licenses at the end of 1982.
- Yugoslavia (today Serbia): 1953 creation of Zastava: FIAT Campagnola, FIAT 600, FIAT 1300/1500, FIAT 850, FIAT 125P, Zastava 101 , FIAT 128 , Yugo 45 , Yugo Florida , FIAT Punto - Zastava 10 ,
- the USSR: creation of AVTOVAZ - Lada in 1966: FIAT 124 - Jigouli , FIAT 125 ,
- South Korea, creation of Asia Motors become KIA: FIAT 124,
- Argentinian: creation of FIAT Concord: FIAT 1100, FIAT 600, FIAT 1300/1500, FIAT 125, FIAT 128, FIAT 147, FIAT Uno, FIAT Palio, FIAT Siena, stop of the December 2002 activity. Begun again in 2007 with a pickup FIAT Touched and FIAT Siena,
- Venezuela and Chile: FIAT 600,
- Morocco: SOMACA: FIAT 124, FIAT 125, FIAT 128, FIAT 131, FIAT Uno, FIAT Palio, FIAT Siena, End of the in December 2004 activity.
- Egypt: El NASR : FIAT 1100, FIAT 600, FIAT 125P, FIAT Zastava 101 , FIAT 131 Turkish version,
- India: FIRST 1954: FIAT 1100 Padmini, FIAT 124 -118N then FIAT India since 2000: FIAT Uno , FIAT Palio , FIAT Siena - Petra , FIAT Strada ,
- South Africa: FIAT 124, FIAT 125, since 1990 FIAT Uno , FIAT Palio ,
- Pakistan: FIAT Uno , FIAT Palio
- Turkey: FIAT TOFAS : FIAT 124, FIAT 131 , FIAT Uno, FIAT Tipo, FIAT Tempra, FIAT Palio , FIAT Siena , FIAT Strada , FIAT Doblò , FIAT Linea ,
- China: FIAT Fiorino, FIAT Palio , FIAT Palio SW , FIAT Siena, FIAT Strada , FIAT Beaded ,
- Vietnam: MEKONG: FIAT Uno , FIAT Palio , FIAT Doblò ,
- North Korea: FIAT Palio , FIAT Siena , FIAT Doblò ,
- Russia: SEVERSTAL: FIAT Palio , FIAT Siena , FIAT Doblò , FIAT Linea
- Iran: FIAT Palio , FIAT Siena , FIAT Multipla , FIAT Doblò
Foot-note: the models in fatty are currently in the course of manufacture.
Division FIAT V.I had bonds privileged with a great number of other manufacturers like:
OM : Dispensary Meccaniche di Brescia - Italian Manufacturer established in the East of Milan whose specific productions of trucks of average range were completely integrated in range FIAT. Tigrotto, Leoncino, Cerbiatto, Daino, and of large tonnages, Titano used in version building site in configuration 8x4 also for exceptional transport.
- Astra S.p.A.
- Ex Yugoslavia: Zastava. Creation in 1955 with small FIAT 621, then FIAT 615, OM Leoncino and FIAT 50 then Iveco FIAT Daily, FIAT Zeta, FIAT Turbo Zeta,
- Turkey: OTOYOL: creation in 1960 with famous FIAT 682, FIAT 619 rebadgés FIAT 169, and all the Argentinian range Iveco since 1975.
- : FIAT 640, FIAT 682, FIAT 619, FIAT 697, TurboStar, EuroTech, EuroTrakker and the new range Iveco since 1975,
- Brazil: since 1950 FNM. FNM acquired in the beginning a license for a legendary truck Isotta Fraschini which was built in 300 specimens in two years. Then FNM turned to Alfa Romeo, which also manufactured trucks at that time, for the famous Alfa 1000. Acquired Alfa Romeo 30% of the capital of FNM that FIAT taken again in 1970 after the integration of Alfa Romeo in its bosom. Since, FIAT manufactures all the models of its range, become Iveco in 1975.
- Nigeria: FIAT always had a very strong reputation and faithful customers in Africa. Its very famous FIAT 682 is there always in service more than 35 years after the stop of its manufacture, in Africa even. FIAT 682 is called " the King of Afrique" ! Iveco built there its models locally.
- Tunisia: STIA is a small manufacturer who assembles in CKD the models Daily, TurboZeta, Eurocago, EuroTech and EuroTrakker, but also of the buses and coaches Iveco.
- Morocco: with a carriage-builder local partner, Iveco assembles urban buses for Magreb. A recent order of 800 Iveco EuroClass simple and articulated is in the course of manufacture.
- China: Iveco and SAIC is partners for the manufacture of the heavy range Iveco for the Chinese market of the large transport aircrafts. Iveco through its filaile Chinese NAVECO manufactures already on the spot since 1990 the range Daily at the rate of 100.000 vehicles per annum.
- In joint-venture with CBC, Iveco builds in China its range of urban buses, bus and coaches of great tourism.
- after the repurchase of Renault Drunk and Heuliez, Iveco - Irisbus remains the only manufacturer still present in France in this field.
- Iveco had integrated UNIC - FIAT during its creation in 1975, but manufacture was stopped after Iveco was excluded from an invitation to tender of the army, because regarded as foreigner.
- Germany: after the repurchase of Magirus, Iveco builds its heavy trucks of line and the buses.
- Spain: Pegaso - ENASA, was integrated in 1990 into group IVECO. Famous manufacturer of industrial vehicles proposed a wide range of trucks, coaches and bus.
- Russia: URALAZ builds all the range extra heavy Iveco on the basis of TurboStar and EuroTrakker,
- India: co-operation with ASHOK and partnership with TOUCHED,
Machines Public worksGathered within Total CNH, the sector of the machines of public works of group FIAT underwent some evolutions in time.
FIAT created a division specific the shortly after the First World War under label FIAT. Then the marks OM and SIMIT, manufacturers of mechanical shovels were quickly grafted, to create FIAT MT.
It is only into 1974 that FIAT launched its first great international cooperation by taking again American Allis Chalmers to create FIAT-ALLIS.
In 1986, FIAT concludes a collaboration agreement with Japanese HITACHI in the field from the excavators of strong power and created FIAT-Hitachi.
During this period, FIAT MT will repurchase Italian Benati and German O&K.
The joint-venture FIAT-Hitachi is dissolved in 2001, Japanese wanting to take again his independence.
FIAT takes again then other large Japanese constructor KOBELCO and integrates it in its group CNH Global, created in 2002, with the mark New Holland which diffuses today the whole of the products in the world.
Known under traditional marks FIAT, OM, and Laverda in Europe, the FiatAgri Group joined together its associated marks like SOMECA in France, to form FiatGeotec.
After the repurchase of division Ford agriculture and trucks, the new products of total range FIAT were often diffused under the label New Holland.
In 1999, FIAT Holding repurchases the American group Case Corp. and includes it in its range of farm equipments and public works. In 2000, the total mark of group FIAT in the field becomes CNH Global - Box New Holland.
With this acquisition, all the old marks are not marketed any more except on certain markets athypic, as Austria where Steyr remained the reference.
The label CNH Global now gathers divisions farm equipments and machines of public works. It gathers the famous names which marked the world of agriculture like: FiatAgri, Someca, Laverda, Braud, Flexicoil, Ford, International Harvester, New Holland, Box, Claeys, Steyr and well of others…
Stock exchange data
- Shareholding (2006): floating 56,6%, IFIL SpA (holding Agnelli) 30,42%, Banca Intesa 1,10%, Unicredit Banca 5,08%, Fidelity 4,8%, Generali 2,45%, Lafico 2,0%, Capitalia 4,38%, self-checking 0,36%.
- Gianni Agnelli
- List of the Italian large companies
- car List of the manufacturers
- Official site of FIAT France
- FIAT Group
|Random links:||Martragny | Transporte en MalÃ | Glenn Danzig | Johann Baptist von Alxinger | Danilo II Aleksander Petrović-Njegoš | Open of Australia 1983 | Konstantin_Tsiolkovsky|