founded Country house in 1270, by Alphonse of Poitiers, Count de Toulouse and brother of Saint Louis. The town of Eymet is located at the southern end of the department of the Dordogne on the Trunk road 133 between Bergerac and Marmande
Many vestiges Gallo-Roman S were discovered with Eymet and its surroundings. As of the Gallic time, its geographical location, in edge of Dropt, just to the limit of the territory of the Pétrocores, gave to this city an strategic importance. The brother of Saint Louis had detected this quality, when it decided to raise in this place a country house. This required passage became thus a bolt between the French territories and English, with the XIIIe century.
On the Via Lemovicensis way of the Pilgrimage of Saint-Jacques-to-Compostelle.
In 1971, the old communes of Cogulot , Rouquette and Saint-Sulpice-in Eymet amalgamate with Eymet .
Places and monuments
Castle of the country house, 13th century 19th century, classified
Personalities related to the commune
- Common of the Dordogne
- Old communes of the Dordogne
- Castles and residences of the Dordogne
Official site of the town of Eymet
Eymet on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Eymet on the site of INSEE
- Eymet on the site of Quid
- Localization of Eymet on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane of Eymet on Mapquest
- ancient Eymet sanctuary
- Tourist bureau on Eymet
|Random links:||Foreign language instruction | Hotel of Bullioud | John Drake | Cinémastock | Emily McInerny | Peter_I_de_la_Bulgarie|