The department of Eure-et-Loir (28) is a French Département. It sometimes is met written Eure-et-Loire , which is a misspelling because the Loir is an affluent of the the Sarthe while the the Loire is the well-known river.
Historydetailed Article: History of Eure-et-Loir
The department was created with the French revolution, the March 4th 1790 pursuant to the law of the December 22nd 1789, to leave, mainly, of parts of old the provinces of the Orléanais (Beauce) and of the Maine (Perche), but also of the Île-de-France (Dreux).
Policydetailed Article: Political of Eure-et-Loir
Department of tradition radical-Socialist, the Eure-et-Loir is dominated today by the line.
the general advice since 1986 and is chaired on the right since 2001 by Albéric de Montgolfier.
- the four main cities of the department are directed by mayors of right-hand side:
- Chartres: Jean-Pierre Gorges, deputy and mayor UMP;
- Dreux : Gerard Hamel, deputy and mayor UMP;
- Lucé : Boris Minsky, UMP;
- Châteaudun : Alain Venot, mayor UMP.
- the Pole, with its capital-under prefecture Nogent-le-Rotrou remains as for him anchored in radicalism with the mayor François Huwart (PRG).
- the centrists are especially present in the south of the department marked by the former president of the Center area and appointed, Maurice Dousset, of which one of the heirs is Philippe Vigier deputy and mayor Nouveau Center of Cloyes-on-the-Dormouse.
- the Mouvement For France (MPF) is also present in the department with some mayors of rural communes and also of the city council men at Chartres. Bernadette Jouachim who is the local President third is associated with the mayor of Chartres.
- both senators of Eure-et-Loir, Horned Gerard and Joel Billiards, are members of UMP.
List of the deputies of Eure-et-Loir
- List of the senators d' Eure-et-Loir
- List of the general advisers of Eure-et-Loir
- List of the mayors of Eure-et-Loir
- List of the prefects of Eure-et-Loir
Geographydetailed Article: Geography of Eure-et-Loir
The department of Eure-et-Loir belongs to the area Center. The department of the Eure-et-Loir extends to south-west from the Paris and its suburbs and includes/understands several plates of the Paris basin: in north, the Thimerais; in the east, the Beauce; in the south, the Dunois. In the west of the department, the relief rises and forms the hills of the Perche, contiguous at the same time to Normandy, Paris and the Paris region and the Pays of the Loire. The department in addition profited from the creation of the regional natural park of the Pole. The Eure and the Dormouse are the principal rivers of the department, Senonches and Dreux sheltering the most important forests. It is bordering on the departments of the Loir-et-Cher, of the Loiret, the the Essonne, the Yvelines, the the Eure, the Orne and the the Sarthe.
The department presents a climatic contrast between its part western and south-western, wet and of the woodlands (which belongs to the Pole) and its southern part and is, beauceronne, which belongs to the least sprinkled areas France, with High-Languedoc.
Economydetailed Article: Saving in Eure-et-Loir
The Eure-et-Loir is an agricultural department of tradition (Beauce) but also points some in three economic dies:
- the Cosmetic valley (Pole of competitiveness), which constitutes the first French pole of the industry of the beauty and the wellbeing (perfumes/cosmetic), with great names like Guerlain, Paco Rabanne, Lolita Lempicka, JC Castelbajac, Jean-Paul Gaultier…
- the drug company , around Dreux and Polepharma , which gathers the companies of the sector like Leo Pharma, Ipsen, Novo Nordisk…
- agribusiness industry , promoted by Agrodynamic (Pôle of rural excellence), with two important companies of the sector: Ebly in Châteaudun and Andros in Auneau.
- industry of rubber and the plastics , through the pole of competitiveness Elastopole .
Demographydetailed Article: Demography of Eure-et-Loir
The inhabitants of Eure-et-Loir are the Eurélien () S .
Culturedetailed Article: Culture in Eure-et-Loir
- Fulbert of Chartres (évèque founder of the School of Chartres)
- Rémy Belleau (1526-1577): poet of the Pleiad
- Henri IV (crowned in the Cathedral of Chartres)
- Maximilien de Béthune, duke of Sully (death with the castle of Villebon, rests with Nogent-le-Rotrou)
- Diane of Poitiers (Château of Anet)
- Ducs of Saint-Simon (owners of the Château of Ferté-Vidame)
- Madam de Maintenon (wife of Louis XIV)
- Madam de Pompadour (favorite of Louis XV, owner of the castle of Crécy-Brooded)
- Helene Butcher (pionnière of the Aviation)
- Marcel Proust (which took as a starting point the village of his/her aunt Léonie, It where it passed part of his childhood)
- Chaïm Soutine (painter)
- Maurice Viollette (politician)
- Paul Deschanel (former President of the Republic, elected official of Eure-et-Loir)
- Jean Moulin (former prefect of Eure-et-Loir)
- Abbé Franz Stock (German priest of the seminar of the barbed wires (Coudray))
- Maurice Bourges-Maunoury (former president of the Council under the IVe Republic)
- Georges Lemoine (politician, former minister)
- Marie-France Stirbois (former deputy of Eure-et-Loir)
- François Huwart (politician, former minister)
- Jean-Paul Guerlain (founder president of the Cosmetic valley)
- Dieudonné balled Me balled Me (humorist, engaged politician with Dreux)
- Jean-Marc Providence (muséographe, founder of the Compa, the Pass (Belgium), police chief of the French House to the World Fair of Aichi)
- Eve Ruggieri (journalist, writer, artistic director of the lyric Days of Chartres and Eure-et-Loir)
- Pascal Ory (historian, politician)
- Patrick Vieira (footballer originating in Dreux)
- Charles Brennus, Master-engraver and honorary president of the French federation of Rugby (1921), he is the creator of the Bouclier of Brennus, the supreme reward of the Championnat of France of Rugby. It was born in Châteaudun in 1859.
- Terry Bouhraoua, born in Châteaudun the August 29th 1987, young player of Rugby to XV and Rugby to 7 promising, currently evolving/moving with the French Stage CASG Paris at the Half station of of fray.
Tourismdetailed Article: Tourism in Eure-et-Loir
Others---- Some media in Eure-et-Loir:
- Web TV: eureetloir.tv, drouais.tv
- Daily: The Republican Echo, the Republic of the Center
- Weekly: Horizon (agricultural newspaper), the Republican Action, the Pole, the Echo of Husks
- Local radios: Radio Intensity (Châteaudun), RTV (Dreux), Radio operator Large Sky.
- Districts of Eure-et-Loir
- Cantons of Common Eure-et-Loir
- of Eure-et-Loir
- Old communes of Eure-et-Loir
- French Department
- List of bridges of Eure-et-Loir
- General advice of Eure-et-Loir
- Prefecture of Eure-et-Loir
|Random links:||Krim Belkacem | Federalistic party (France) | Korps paprika | Classification of Folk | Oracle Collaboration Continuation | Amazone|