This page relates to the year 1618 Gregorian Calendrier.
- Samuel de Champlain proposes with Louis XIII in a report of évangéliser the natives of the Quebec and to establish important centers.
- the Morocco ains do not have any more the means of coming to assistance of their possessions of the Western Sudan and give up definitively their conquest with the task force. The Moroccan conquerors are assimilated little by little to the Songhaï by marrying local princesses. The fratricidal fights which oppose them reduce their number.
- Paul Imbert, native of the Sand-with Olonne, member of a Moroccan military forwarding, remains with Tombouctou.
- Voyage of the Dane Ove Gjedde (1594 - 1660) in the Eastern Indies where it establishes a counter with Tranquebar (fine in 1622).
- Tibet : The troops of the king of the Tsang attack monasteries Gelugpa.
- Chei Chêtthâ II becomes king of the Kampuchea (fine in 1625). To shake the yoke Siam ois, it calls upon the vietnam iens.
- the prince Mandchou Nourqatsi undertakes a campaign against the Korea, which marks the beginning of the Manchu conquests.
The Middle East
- Beginning of the Othoman sultanate of Osman II (fine in 1622).
- February 26th: Mustafa Ier, brother of Amhet, is reversed by the janissaries inspired by Kösem, favorite of Amhet and mother of several boys, of which Osman II, four months after its accession with the throne.
- May 23rd: Défenestration of Prague: noble the bohêmiens défenestrent the imperial governors: beginning of the War Thirty Year old.
- May 5th: The Defenders, envisaged by the letter of majesty of 1609 meet in Prague to regulate various problems of establishment of temple. Ferdinand de Styrie repudiates them and prohibits all new meeting.
- In spite of royal prohibition, the Defenders meet the May 21st and show the lieutenant governors, representatives of Ferdinand de Styrie, to have written themselves the royal answer.
- the May 23rd, the Defenders go to the Royal palace to carry a letter to the king. They are received by two of the lieutenants, Martinić and Sharvata. The discussion becomes violent and the two lieutenants are thrown by the window in the ditches of the palate. None of both is killed, but the event opens the Guerre Thirty Year old. Revolted join together a Diet, obtain a provisional government and raise an army.
- May 25th, day of the Rise: Failure of the conspiracy of the ambassador of Spain Alfonso of Cueva to Venice.
- June: Melchior Khlesl, too judged moderated by Ferdinand de Styrie is arrested and imprisoned.
- July 6th: Hamburg is declared city free.
- August 28th: The Voter Jean Sigismond de Brandebourg becomes by heritage duke of Prussia.
- August 29th: Johan van Oldenbarnevelt and Hugo Grotius is imprisoned by Maurice de Nassau.
- September 19th - November 21st: Seat and Lager catch by the Protestants of Bohemia carried out by Ernst von Mansfeld.
- October 4th, Spain: Disgrace of the Duke of Lerma. It is supplanted with the capacity by his son, the Duc of Uceda (fine in 1621).
- October 29th: Jacques Ier of England orders the execution to sir Walter Raleigh. He is decapitated after a forwarding in the Orénoque where he had entered in conflict with the Spaniards, undoubtedly under the pressure of the ambassador of Spain.
- December 11th: Truce of Diwilina (Deoulino) signed for 14 years between the Poland and the Russia. The Poles keep Smolensk and Tchernihiv. Ladislas Vasa does not give up the throne of Russia, but the Russian prisoners are released.
- Turbid in the Grison : the Protestants take again the capacity which they had lost the previous year and persecute the catholics.
- the Peste appears each year in Germany between 1618 and 1648, except in 1642 and 1643.
- February 15th: Stop of the the Council of the king authorizing the reopening of the college Jesuit of Clermont to Paris.
- March 6th: Set fire to Parlement of Paris (in the building of the current law courts, near of the the Ste Chapelle).
- April 7th: Richelieu is exiled with Avignon.
- August 30th: Barbin is condemned to the life imprisonment for abuse freedom to correspond with Marie de Médicis.
- Robert Arnauld d' Andilly becomes adviser of State.
- October 16th: Paul V grants the statute of religious order under the rule of Saint Augustin to the Ordre of the Visitation founded by François de Sales and Jeanne de Chantal in 1610.
- November 13rd: The Synode of Dordrecht (fine the May 9th 1619) section enters the theologists Arminius and Gomar. The theses supralapsists of Gomar (predestination is former to the fall of Adam) carry it vis-a-vis the liberalism of Arminius. The ministers arminianists must exile themselves. The synod adopts the integral doctrines of the Prédestination: “ God gives the true one and lives faith with all those which he wants to withdraw from the common damnation and alone ”.
Stays in Paris of François Dirty.
- Five Articles of Perth: Jacques Ier of England inflects catechism and the liturgy in a direction plus Anglican in Scotland.
- Parallels of the crowned Eloquence and layman of Nicolas Caussin.
Art & culture
- June 14th: Current uyt Italian, Duytslandt, &c. , first newspaper of the Netherlands (estimated date).
- the marchioness of Rambouillet makes living room with Paris.
- First stay of Descartes to the United Provinces.
- the shield of the foy of Pierre Dumoulin.
- Translation in French of the second part of Don Quichotte by François de Rosset.
- Library of the authors who have escript the history and topography of France of A. Duchesne.
- old woman making fry eggs , fabric of Diego Vélasquez.
Science & technology
- March 8th: The German Astronome Johannes Kepler establishes its third law of the planetary movement.
the theories of Copernic and the thought of Galileo are condemned by the the Holy See.
- Epitome Astronomia copernicanae , of Kepler.
- William Harvey works out her theory of small and the great blood circulation.
- In the last months, three comets are visible simultaneously the evening.
Economy & company
Births in 1618
- January 14th: Guillaume Seams, first colonist of the seigniory of Lauzon (Lévis, Quebec) and hero of the News-France.
- November 3rd: Aurangzeb, Emperor moghol of the India of 1658 with 1707.
nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
Death in 1618
- April 18th: Marie of the Incarnation (Mrs Acarie).
- May 5th: Jacques of the Perron, poet baroque and diplomat French.
- August 23rd: Gerbrand Andriaenszoon Bredero, Dutch playwright (° 1585).
- October 29th: Walter Raleigh, carried out.
Be-X-old: 1618 Map-bms: 1618 Simple: 1618
|Random links:||Champigneulles | International Board | Óscar Acosta | Daina | Kazakhstan-Poland in football | Eurasia|