Eudes of Aquitaine
- Eudes, wire of Wolf (Lupus), itself successor of the Patrice Felix, was born in the years 650-660. He was duke of Aquitaine until 735. The duchy, increased by Wolf, extends from the Loire in the Pyrenees, with Toulouse like capital.
- It is combined with Chilpéric II, king de Neustrie, and with the mayor of the palate Rainfroy, against Charles Martel, mayor of the palate of Austrasie. They are beaten close to Soissons on October 14th 718.
- It triumphed over the emir Al-Samh ibn Malik Al-Khawlani between Toulouse and Carcassonne in 721 (battles of Toulouse), and put also twice diverts of it the emir Anbasa ibn Suhaym Al-Kalbi, 725 and 726.
- In 731, Charles, showing it to have violated the peace treaty of 720, passes the Loire twice and plunders Bourges.
- It Marie her daughter with Uthman ibn Naissa also named Munuza, governor of Cerdagne.
- In 732, Munuza, in revolt against the wali of Spain Abd-er-Rahman, is killed by the troops of Gehdi Ben Zeyan.
- the omeyades of Spain launch two simultaneous offensives then, one which goes up the valley of the Rhone until Sens, and other control by Abd-er-Rahman which crosses the Pyrenees, devastates Aquitaine, takes Bordeaux and demolishes the troops of Eudes in a battles bloody with the passage of the Dordogne or the Garonne.
- the duke of Aquitaine flees and requires of the assistance to Charles Martel, his former enemy. This one joins together an army, the meeting takes place in October 733 close to Poitiers, giving the victory to the Francs.
- Eudes abdicates into 736. His/her son Hunald succeeds to him.
|Random links:||Green residue | Relaciones exteriores de Botswana | Days demon | Santa-Maria-Poggio | Alfredo Ovando Candia | List bridges of the Guadeloupe | Station_de_Mejiro|