Esslingen counts approximately: 92000 inhabitants. The local industries most important are related to the field of the mechanical engineering. One finds there monuments medieval, in particular in the old city.
GeographyEsslingen is located near the Neckar, in the south-east of Stuttgart. The river crosses the city of south-east towards the North-West, the hurdy-gurdy city is in the north of the river.
Esslingen is divided into 25 districts: Berkheim, Brühl, Hegensberg, Hohenkreuz, Stadtmitte, Kennenburg, Kimmichsweiler, Krummenacker, Liebersbronn, Mettingen, Neckarhalde, Oberesslingen, Obertal, Pliensauvorstadt, Rüdern, Serach, Sankt Bernhardt, Sirnau, Sulzgries, Wäldenbronn, Weil, Wiflingshausen, Zell, Zollberg, Oberhof.
HistoryThe first human traces go back to 1000 av. J. - C. In 777, the city is mentioned for the first time, when the abbot Fulrad of Saint-Denis bequeaths the Cella nominates Ezelinga with the Cathédrale Saint-Denis.
Partners citiesEsslingen has ten partners cities:
- Molodetschno (Bielorussia); since 1987
- Neath Port Talbot/Wales (Great Britain); since 1958
- Norrköping (Sweden), 170 km in the south of Stockholm; since 1964
- Piotrków Trybunalski in central Poland; since 1992
- Schiedam with the Netherlands, six kilometers in the west of Rotterdam; since 1964
- Sheboygan/Wisconsin, 81 km of Milwaukee to the the United States; since 1967
- Udine/the Friuli (Italy); since 1959
- Velenje (Slovenia); since 1970
- Vienna/Isere (France), 30 km in the south of Lyon; since 1958
|Random links:||The Baudinard-on-Verdon | Final destination 3 | Laurent Ciman | Listen (magazine) | Physical preparation | Banlieue_noire_de_Pepperton,_Minnesota|