Twenty-two years and twelve album-studio later, Erasure sold more than twenty-five million disc S in the world, including fourteen million albums and eleven individual million . After a vibrating starting marked by the exit of four albums published of 1986 with 1989, the group found its cruising speed since 1991, at a rate of a new album all both or three years. Erasure counts thus among the rare musical formations resulting from the the Eighties with being remained productive without interruption nor separation.
Almost unknown in France, where only the song Oh the love gained a certain success in 1986, Erasure are especially popular in Northern Europe and of the Is, areas where their albums and their individual are classified regularly among the best record sales.
Authors of tubes rates/rhythms with the blazing melody S, Erasure are easily identifiable by the arrangements characteristic of Vince Clarke. However, their anthems pop diffused out of radio constitute only the top of the iceberg, since the remainder of their discography also testifies to a real preoccupation with a musical experimentation, in particular at the time of the faces B which gather the majority of their instrumental like their titles more surprising.
Although a majority of their songs celebrate the Amour and her pangs, some tackle subjects of company such as the crisis of the Emploi ( The Circus ), the Adolescence ( Hideaway , Ship Of Fools ), the Religion ( Yahoo! , Star ) or the degradation of the Environment ( Chorus )…
After an acoustic bracket in 2006, in the shape of the acoustic disc Union Street , together with a round with musicians Folk, Erasure returns now to their usual crenel with a twelfth electronic album-studio radically , appeared on May 21st, 2007 and heading Light At The End Of The World .
Members of the group
- Vince Clarke (keyboards and Guitar), born the July 3rd 1960, founding member of Depeche Mode. In spite of the growing success of Depeche Mode, it chooses to leave Depeche Mode in December 1981 to found the group Yazoo in 1982 with Alison Moyet, a girlfriend of the college of Basildon. Yazoo lasted only one year, until in 1983. It went up then project The Assembly (with Feargal Sharkey) which was even more transitory, and a few months only lasted. It is in 1985 that it founded and is invested in the single durable contribution of its musical course, Erasure, of which there remains today still the type-setter and the arranger.
Beautiful Andy (Song), born the April 25th 1964, is the lyric writer, the voice of the group, as well as the charismatic image. not to confuse with the other Beautiful Andy, bass player of the group of Britpop Oasis since 1999.
Additional choruses and musicians
- Various chorus-singers :
- One finds regularly the names of Emma Whittle, Ann-Marie Gilkes and Valerie Chalmers which became friends of the group with the passing of years.
- the best chorus-singers remain however Annick and Veronique Clarisse, the twin sisters of the Mauritius who accompanied Erasure during all the round by 1992 The Phantasmagorical Entertainement .
- Various musicians :
- Guy Barker, trumpet player of Jazz, carried out an instrumental section of anthology on the 4th individual one of Erasure, heading Sometimes in 1986. He collaborated with other artists, such as Mike Oldfield, Peter Gabriel, Tom Jones, Van Morrison, Paul McCartney like Michel Polnareff.
- NIC Johnston, guitarist, accompanied Vince Clarke with the guitar for all the acoustic sessions by Erasure of 1995 with 2000.
- musicians of the acoustic round of spring 2006 :
Beginning 1985, old of only 24 years, Vince Clarke was already an young man recognized in the musical world for its prize list as a founding member of the groups Depeche Mode (of 1980 to 1981), Yazoo (of 1982 with 1983) then The Assembly (in 1984). It however had just spent one year 1984 disappointing, in the doubt and the discouragement, following the fiasco of the project The Assembly.
Vince thus decided to set out again on new bases by recruiting a new permanent singer, in prospect for a new group. With this intention, the team of the recording company Mute Records made appear a classified on the Melody Maker, one of the most important British musical magazines of the time. More than 80 candidates answered the call, requiring the four days organization of hearings on the beginning of the month of April 1985. Each applicant had half an hour to interpret 2 songs lately made up by Vince Clarke: a rythmée song, Who needs coils like that , as well as a ballade, One Day .
The morning of the third day of hearings, the 42e candidate dissociated his competitors, overall poor, by its voice and its insurance. At the time of the congédier, Vince Clarke and its assistants had already acquired the certainty to have found their man and ceased hearings. Thus Andy Bell took down the employment which it occupies always at present. It was not yet 21 years old.
Etymology and the choice of the nameThe common noun English " erasure " derives from the expression " razor edge ", i.e. " the wire of the rasoir" in French.
Nowadays, " erasure " is translated into French by obliteration , gumming , or even erasure .
Vince Clarke and Andy Bell ensures that the name of the group was not retained to cover any significance but, quite to the contrary, because of its abstract and enigmatic character, not delivering any index as for the musical style. Indeed, this strange name (forming a Palindrome almost) could as well be appropriate for a group of Hard rock as of Rap or Techno.
In fact, the name " erasure" was chosen by elimination, after Vince and Andy had made circulate a list of a score of possibilities to their friends who were to bar the names their unpleasant. With this play, " erasure" was the last survivor.
However, it is advisable to mention that, if the name " erasure" found itself among this list, it was in reference to the film Eraserhead, of David Lynch, whose Vince Clarke like with the fictitious nation Eurasia was an admiror, drawn from the novel 1984 of George Orwell.
A success with “variable geography”
In the majority of the European countries, the 4th individual one of the group Sometimes , appeared fine 1986 and the album of which it is extracted, The Circus , marked the starting point of the career of Erasure and uninterrupted long series of tubes which continues still today. Five their albums were classified n° 1 with the the United Kingdom, and 29 individual attended Signal 20 British (see the section “Discography” to visualize the details).
Erasure gains the essence of its success to the the United Kingdom which only represents with him more of the third of the total sales of the group, with 8,5 million discs sold over the British market. Then, come the Germany, the Argentine, the Denmark, the Sweden, the Ireland, the Czech Republic (several n° 1), Israel (many a n° 1) and the Greece. Until there little known in Russia, they currently carry out a commercial opening in this country thanks to individual the I Could Fall In Coils With You .
The site of Signal Off The Pops, (oldest and most known of the British musical television programs), testifies that between November 1986 and January 2005, Erasure passed 46 times in the emission. The detail of the services can be consulted free on the official site of the emission to the following address:
Erasure counts many fans to the the United States where they sold 3,5 million discs, have three tubes ( Chains off coils , has little respect and Always ) like four well classified albums ( The Innocents , Chorus , I Say I Say I Say and Cowboy ). Apart from these some specific business successes, and although known of the American general public, Erasure forever successful to gain a real popular success with the the United States where the group remains comparable with the alternate scene.
In a general way, Erasure is unperceived past in the Latin countries (Italy, France, Spain and Portugal). However, Erasure knew some tubes in Spain and with the Portugal because of their great popularity in South America (in particular in Argentine) during the Années 1990.
Paradoxically, it is in France that Erasure had its first success, in summer 1986, before even as the the United Kingdom does not discover the group, thanks to two words of French contained in their individual third , entitled Oh the love , which was classified 14th Top 50 French in September 1986.
This opening in France was only one fire of straw. In the tread of Oh the love , only the individual following, Sometimes , managed to make a shy person appearance in 39e position of the Top 50 French (in February 1987). To date, Sometimes remains the last entry of the group among the best record sales in France. Thereafter, the complete absence of diffusion on the French radios quickly made fall the group to the oubliettes from the Top 50.
InspirationOf inspiration poetic, romantic, oneiric, even straightforwardly mystical, the compositions of Erasure are also high-tech and futuristic. One often perceives Erasure some share halfway between Depeche Mode with which Erasure share a dramatic design of the existence (and incidentally studios of the label Mute Records) and the Pet Shop Boys, for the ludic side of certain arrangements as well as a certain perceptible love of life through the melodies and of the agreements. By extension, one can say that the music of Erasure is close to that of the other groups new wave born at the same time (the Années 1980) and at the same place (the the United Kingdom) i.e. of Eurythmics, Level 42, Simple Minds, Simply Red, OMD, Tears For Fears, New Order, or even of the Germans Alphaville and Modern Talking to see Norwegians of A-HA.
The comparisons stop there. Difficult to describe the talent of Erasure with words because there exists indeed a trademark, a its original which it is advisable to try out by oneself.
For as much, one cannot really say that, on their the first four albums, Erasure had a its private individual, but rather than it was in the average of all that was done of electronics during the Années 1980. It is only at the time of the 5th album, Chorus (in 1991), that Vince Clarke made the radical decision to make use exclusively of Synthétiseur S Analogique S Vintage , manufactured between 1960 and 1980. This party taken printed a coloring particular to the album Chorus as with all the albums which followed (except Loveboat , which used much guitar). On these albums, one finds many robot-like and acidulous sounds initially developed by the pioneers of the electronic music Vangelis, Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream or the French Pierre Henry and Jean Michel Jarre throughout the Années 1970, with a set of themes turning around the space conquest. For this reason, one can qualify the last 5 “retro-futuristic” albums of Erasure, the i.e. close ones to the way in which the first electronic musicians evoked the future and the An 2000 in their first works of the Années 1970.
During talks given to the foreign press, Vince Clarke often evoked its preference for the arpeggios rather than the agreements, thus revealing another aspect of the " son" Erasure. It specifies that it considers the music as a superposition of melody lines in a harmonic way (so called " technique of the Counterpoint "), rather than like a succession of agreements.
RoundsThe contact with the public was always paramount in the career of Erasure.
With the whole beginning, it was even the determining factor which enabled them to be made known of the British public in the absence of media support. Thus, at the beginning of the year 1986, Vince and Andy furrowed the universities and the British discotheques of the month lasting to interpret there the titles of their 1st album Wonderland . It is as from their intensive, consecutive mediatization with their first tube with the United Kingdom, Sometimes , which it started to them 1st round of scale, the " BPM tour" in 1987. Although the majority of the dates remained concentrated with the the United Kingdom and in Germany, some dates with the the United States were programmed, in 1st part of Duran Duran. In France, one will retain their single notable service, with the Printemps of Bourges the April 21st 1987. The rare French concerts programmed then were of very restricted size, because of commercial failure of the group in the Hexagon.
End 1988, the enormous success of the album The Innocents (more than one million specimens sold with only the the United Kingdom) enabled them to carry out a great European round, " The Innocent tour" , as their first American round at the head of poster. The 12 December 1988, 35000 people wait to see the group at the entry of the NEC of Birmingham, of a capacity of 11000 places only, one room where the group had however already played three times in April and twice in November of the same year. Video is turned this evening and was marketed the following year in cassette VHS under the title " The Innocent live".
With the autumn 1989, the album Wild! made them connect on a new round which extended as far as South America, since dates with the Brésil, in Argentine, with the Chile and in Ecuador were programmed. Decorations of this " Wild Tour" also became extensive: a futuristic jungle was reconstituted on scene with various inflatable animals, of which a giant snail baptized Ernie! As for the singer Beautiful Andy, it appeared there in behaviors not less theatrical, including a panoply of imp (including/understanding a third horn placed at the stomach!) and another of affublé cherub of metal ailerons in the back… Humor is often present in their concerts.
The promotion of the album Chorus gave them on the road in 1992 and gave place to their most ambitious round: the " Phantasmagorical Entertainment Tour". For the occasion Vince and Andy were made accompany by a true troop of spectacle, with several changes of scenery during each concert, illustrated many choreographies and varied costumes. The concert of the June 8th 1992, at the beginning of the round, was filmed and appeared in VHS in 1993 under the title The Tank, The Swan & The Balloon , then was republished 11 years later with the format DVD, in 2004.
The following years, their rounds rarefied because Vince Clarke preferred to cease carrying out an itinerant life. Thus no round was programmed to accompany the albums I Say I Say I Say and Erasure whose promotion was limited to individual last out of radio, some plates TV and sessions acoustic in radios and bars.
It was necessary to await fine 1996 to re-examine them on scene, at the time of the " Tiny Tour" who was connected directly on the " Concerts" cowboy; during most of the year 1997. To the European destinations dates in all were added the America, in Australia, like South Africa.
It is only in 2003 that they undertook a new round, " The Other Tour" who lasted of February to June 2003. This one was preceded by a free concert reserved to the members of the official fan-club, the December 13rd 2002, published in DVD the following year under the title Sanctuary - The EIS Christmas 2002 Concert .
In 2005, the promotion of the album Nightbird gave place to the round " The Erasure Show" , from February to June 2005 which also celebrated the 20th birthday of the group. It related to the majority of the European countries where Erasure have success traditionally; i.e. the the United Kingdom, the Ireland, the Germany, the Denmark, the Sweden as well as the the United States. The European dates all would have been sold in the 3 hours space following their publication on Internet. One of the last European dates of this round (the March 28th 2005 with Cologne in Germany) was filmed and appeared in DVD at the end of October 2005, under the title The Erasure Show - Live In Cologne .
In 2006 Erasure gave a series in entirely acoustic concerts, " The Acoustic Tour" , in 2006 took place, consecutively with the publication of the acoustic album Union Street . For the first time of their career, Erasure forsook data processing and the keyboards to gather a group of five truths musicians (in addition to the two usual chorus-singers) which accompanied them during a whole acoustic round over the months by April and May 2006 (ten dates in Europe and 10 others with the the United States). The concert of April 19th, 2006 in Shepherds Bush Empire of London was recorded and appeared out of double-CD entitled Acoustic Live in June 2006. The first American date of this round, the May 6th 2006, was filmed with the Ryman Auditorium of Nashville and appeared in fine DVD January 2007 under the title One The Road To Nashville .
In 2007, the round " Light At The End Off The World Tour" succeeded the publication of the album Light At The End Of The World . It started fine July to be completed at the end October 2007. It passed by the the United States, the the United Kingdom, the Germany and the Denmark.
Acoustic musicAlthough Erasure is known to be a manifestly electronic group, Vince and Andy compose their songs in a traditional way. Generally, Andy chantonne of the outlines of melodies while Vince accompanies it while playing by the agreements to the acoustic Guitare or with the Piano. At this stage, the mobilized recording equipment is limited just to a simple dictaphone or a portable tape recorder.
Then, each one of them works on its side: the singer Andy Bell composes the words and records all the vocal part in his home studio with Majorque, while Vince Clarke deals with all the musical and electronic aspects in its personal studio in the United Kingdom, in company of a technician or a producer. Because of this geographical distance starting from the Years 1990, Vince and Andy started to work primarily by correspondence by exchanging numerical cassettes DAT by the post office. However, with the whole beginning of the Years 2000, they chose the sending of files Mp3 in attachment with e-mail.
Sometimes, some of these versions " démo" in faces B the individual ones fail, at more or less advanced stages of development. Other times, acoustic versions are recorded a posteriori, once the finalized songs.
Already, in 1987, Erasure had re-recorded 3 their songs in traditional version with the assistance of a symphony orchestra on the album The Two-Boxing ring Circus . For the anecdote, this same year 1987, Andy only the majority in the concerts of Erasure by the song Safety in numbers opened (in fact, end of the song Spiralling ) which it interpreted has cappella, by being accompanied in an approximate way of small a Chromatic accordion with keys piano.
In 1991, theindividual one of Am I Right? (limited edition) comprised an acoustic version of Perfect Stranger .
In 1995, the limited edition of Stay With Me comprised an acoustic version of the song.
In 1996, maximum-individual the Rock Me Gently (German edition) proposed an acoustic version of the title Sono luminus . The video clip of this version appears among the supplements of the double DVD Hits! The Videos .
In 2001, maximum-individual the Moon & The Sky offered 4 songs of Erasure, as well as a resumption of the Rubettes, reinterpreted in very stripped acoustic versions, with for only ornaments 2 guitars acoustic (Vince Clarke and NIC Johnston) as well as the two usual chorus-singers, Ann-Marie Gilkes and Valerie Chalmers.
In 2003, theindividual one of Make Spalls Me (Like Up & See Me) comprised an acoustic reinterpretation of the song Oh the Love (Andy Bell + guitar).
Right before starting to work on the album Nightbird , Erasure had recorded (in only 30 days on the autumn 2003) an acoustic disc revisiting eleven of its old songs, accompanied by a formation by musicians country. Entitled Union Street , this curiosity remained in the paperboards of the recording company of Erasure, Mute Records. Nearly three years ran out before Union Street way commercially the day, in April 2006. This very long time of publication is explained by the fact why the group and its recording company preferred to initially leave an album new original songs because the publication of compilation Hits! The Very Best Of Erasure was still recent (end 2003). An album of acoustic reinterpretations, planned at once after, could have let think that the group could nothing any more make of other but recycle old songs. This is why the album Nightbird had the priority for a publication beginning 2005.
Musical referencesThe musical references of the two protagonists of Erasure draw from the pop one/the most traditional rock'n'roll:
Rocked by the discs Country and Elvis Presley whose her mother was fan, the singer Andy Bell ignited for the groups ABBA and Blondie during his adolescence. Andy also was very marked by the publications of the label Tamla Motown, specialized in the disco music black during the end of the Années 1970.
The influences of Vince Clarke are very different since he preferred Simon and Garfunkel (including the career solo of Paul Frederic Simon), Pink Floyd, Kate Bush, Genesis (then Peter Gabriel in solo), like Kraftwerk and the Sparks.
It is thus not surprising that Erasure paid a vibrating homage to ABBA by carrying out the mini-album tribute Abba-Esque (in 1992) like with Peter Gabriel by taking again the title Solsbury Hill (in 2003).
Vince Clarke being also a large amateur of films of Science fiction and Western S, one will note his resumption of Ennio Morricone. It was about the main theme of the film Western spaghetti of Sergio Leone the Good, the Rough one and the Gangster ( The Good, the Bad and the Ugly in English). This recovery appears opposite B individual the Chains off coils and was interpreted in concert during all the round The Phantasmagorical Entertainment , in 1992.
Artists influenced by ErasureSeveral artists quoted Erasure among their musical influences, such as Shania Twain, Daft Punk, Shakira, Ladytron, the Rates/rhythms Digital, Fischerspooner, Equatronic and, more recently, the Scissor Sisters as well as the singer Mika. Those appear relatively obvious from a stylistic point of view, but one finds also artists more unexpected, such as Usher and Missy Elliott, of the scene Hip-hop, or Zeromancer, a Scandinavian group of industrial rock'n'roll which integrates electro elements.
For the time being, only some artists little known carried out discs “Tribute” with Erasure (see the section “Tribute with Erasure” at the end of the discography) except for the American group Wheatus which took again successfully has little respect in 2001, being thus classified 3rd British charts, and of the Czech singer Petr Muk. This last holds the attention more particularly. Very known singer in Czech Republic, Petr Muk officiated in particular as a singer of the Czech groups Ocean and Shalom throughout the Années 1990. Since the beginning of the Years 2000, it started a career solo with an equal success. Consecutively in three albums solo, Petr Muk published fine 2004 an mini-album entitled Oh the love taking again in an incredible way five songs of Czech Erasure in .
Some quotationsVince Clarke :
… That you would be malignant or not with the electronics, the only thing which really hopes to make good songs, they are the melodies… (1988)
- … We do not think of the songs in terms of Dance. In fact, we write songs pop. They become dance only after being last between the hands of the remixeurs on the versions maxis, for the boxes. But this aspect does not interest me and besides I do not even listen to them… (1995)
- With Erasure, I write pop songs which you can fredonner in the subway, in the street, under the shower; with The Clarke & Ware Experiment, I make experimental music for exposures or to illustrate the documentary ones. that does not have really anything to see! … (2005)
Beautiful Andy :
… We like much France, but the French do not love us. We gave to it several concerts in the years 1980 and we were obliged to give all the tickets free so that people come to see us! … Our music must have a too English color which is not appropriate for the French taste, I suppose… (1991)
- … One (the British press) often reproaches us for making always a little the same thing. At the same time, one does not ask a group of Jazz why he always plays of the Jazz. We, we make the pop one… (1997)
- … We know the French music very little but me, I like much Mylène Farmer… (1997)
Topicality and projectsThe acoustic album Union Street is appeared at April 2006. It was preceded by the single/EP Boy , comprising an instrumental heading Jacques Cousteau , homage to the Commander Cousteau. An acoustic round with musicians country, " The Acoustic Tour" , followed itself from there over the months of April and May 2006.
The concert of the April 19th 2006 with London is appeared in double CD of limited edition, under the title Acoustic Live . The May 6th 2006 with Nashville, the 1st concert of the American round was filmed and has just appeared in DVD under the title One The Road To Nashville .
In 2004/2005, Erasure had recorded an mini-album taking again of the traditional Comptine S British whose no coming out date was still planned. In a recent interview, Vince Clarke implied that this one was not yet with the day order, since the priority is given to the promotion of the album Light At The End Of The World (appeared since the May 21st 2007) for which a consecutive round proceeded during the summer 2007. With the breaking news (October 2007), the group was commissioned to record an interpretation of a traditional Christmas carol on a compilation referring to the character animation Shrek.
In addition, an album compiling the faces B group is considered by the recording company Mute Records.
Album-studio and their classifications among the sales of albums in some countries
Sources: the official site and the Czech site " erasure.tk"
EP (Mini-albums) and their classifications
Sources: the official site and the Czech site erasure.tk
Acoustic album and its classification among the sales of albums
Official albums live
- The Two-Boxing ring Circus 1987 (6 remixs + 7 extracts live in Hamburg + 3 re-recordings with symphony orchestra)
- The Erasure Show 2005 (series in concerts of 2005, recorded with Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Cardiff, Bristol-board, Norwich, Portsmouth, London, Berlin, Hamburg and Cologne)
- Acoustic Live 2006 (concert of the recorded April 19th, 2006 with London with the Sheperds Bush Worsens
some pirate albums live (Bootleg S)
They are a selection best of them. There is the many different one whose audio quality oscillates between bad and poor, and others still which are partial or degraded copies those mentioned hereafter.
Phantom Attaches 1988 (concert of 1988)
- Oh the love 1991 (concert of 1988)
- Latin Lovers 1990 (concert of 1990 recorded in Montevideo, Uruguay)
- Welcome To The Glitter Dome 1993 (concert of the 1992 in Manchester)
Individual and their classifications among the sales the individual ones
Sources: the official site and the German site erasure.de
Boxes the Individual ones/Erasure Box SetsThese boxes republish and gather all the Remix S and the faces B marketed at the time of the initial exit of individual concerned. The advantage of these boxes consists in joining together on only one support of the versions which were, in the beginning, scattered on a multitude of formats (CD, vinyls, limited editions…). However, neither the versions the radio nor versions promotion were included. At present, only the first 20 individual of the group (period 1985-1992) was the subject of such republications. Mute Records envisages to leave new boxes for individual after 1992.
EBX-1 (individual of Who Needs Coils Like That with It Doesn' T Have To Be ) 1999
- EBX-2 (individual of Victim Of Coils with has Little Respect ) 1999
- EBX-3 (individual of Stop! with Star ) 2001
- EBX-4 (individual of Chorus with Take chance there is me ) 2001
- Pop ! The First 20 Hits 1992 (the individual ones of 1985 to 1992); world publication except Brazil and Russia
- Pop ! The First 11 Hits 1992 (selection of 11 individual of the group of 1985 to 1992); publication with the Brazil
- Pop ! 12 Hits - Vince Clarke Collection 1997 (2 individual of individual Yazoo, 1 of The Assembly, 1 individual of Vince Clarke & Paul Quinn and 8 individual of Erasure); publication in France in 1997, then republication in Russia in 2001
- Pop ! The First 20 Hits More 1998 (double-CD comprising all the individual ones of 1985 to 1997 included, except Rock'n'roll me gently ); publication with the Japan
- Hits! The Very Best Off Erasure 2003 (selection the individual ones over the period 1986 - 2003); world publication
Discs published by official fan-club EIS (Erasure Information Service)
- Buried Treasure 1997 (various scarcities: demonstrations, radio sessions, news…)
- Year Evening With Erasure 1998 (extracted from a concert recorded on December 13rd, 1997 with the Manchester Academy)
- Buried Treasure II 2006 (various scarcities, versions demonstration, titles new…)
- EIS Live 2006 (extracted new the concert of December 13rd 1997 like some extracts of the convention of the fan-club with Leicester in 2004)
CD of Karaoké
- Zoom Karaoke - Platinum Artists Series - Volume 101 (Hits Off Erasure) (arrangements Karaoké of professional level of 12 songs of Erasure, with words of the songs in synchronous run on screen TV when CD is read by a reader DVD)
- 1990 BO of the film Dick Tracy: beach Looking Knell sea
- 1990 Compilation Red Hot & Blue: beach Too Darn Hot . It was about an album CD homage to Cole Porter. Principal successes of Cole Porter were taken again there by pop stars/rock'n'roll, such U2, David Byrne, Annie Lennox, Iggy Pop, Sinead O' Connor, the green Negresses, Neneh Cherry, Salif Keïta…
- 1991 Compilation Tame Yourself beach Rage in duet with Lene Lovich. It was about a collective album for the benefit of Peta, an American association of defense of the rights of the animals.
- 1995 BO of the film the Master of the illusions: beach Magic Moments
- 1997 album Plagiarism of the Sparks: beach Amateur Hour .
Homages/Tributes with Erasure
- 1987 - Dollar: Recovery of individual the Oh the love (the United Kingdom)
- 1992 - Webstrarna: Erasure-esque (Sweden) Taken again S of 4 songs of Erasure
- 1992 - Björn Again: Erasure-ish (Australia) Taken again S of 2 songs of Erasure
- 1999 - VARIOUS ARTISTS: Sometimes - has tribute to Erasure (the USA) Reprise again S of 10 songs of Erasure
- 1996 - Voil Tage: Recovery of individual the Chorus (Argentinian)
- 2000 - Studio 99: Pop ! 18 hits - Studio 99 perform has tribute to Erasure (the United Kingdom) Reprise again S of 18 songs of Erasure
- 2001 - Wheatus: Reprise of individual the has Little Respect (the USA)
- 2001 - Neuropa: Reprise of the song True Coils Wars on their album Beyond Here And Now (Australia)
- 2004 - Petr Muk: Oh the love (Czech Republic) Taken again S of 5 songs of Erasure
- 2005 - Cassette Electrik: Reprise of individual the has Little Respect (the United Kingdom)
- 2006 - Tom Mountain: Reprise of individual the has Little Respect (Germany)
- 2006 - Paulplush: Recovery of the song When I Needed You (Argentinian)
- 2006 - Liquid360: Reprise of individual the Chains Of Coils (the USA)
- 2006 - Silent Waters: Recovery of the song Oh the Love (Norway)
- 2006 - Umano: Recovery of individual the Chorus (Argentinian)
- 2007 - Offer Nassim feat. Amir Fay Guttman - Taken again of the song Always (Israel)
- Sanctuary - The EIS Christmas Concert 2002 2003 (concert filmed with Birmingham on December 13rd, 2002)
- Hits! The Videos 2003 (all videos clip of 1985 to 2003 + of many supplements)
- The Tank, The Swan & The Balloon 2004 (republication in a concert filmed with the Manchester Apolllo on June 8th, 1992)
- Great Hits Live (Live At Great Woods 1997) 2005 (American mini-concert filmed on May 30th, 1997 close to Boston, only published in Australia and New Zealand)
- The Erasure Show - Live In Cologne 2005 (concert filmed on March 28th, 2005 with Cologne)
- One The Road To Nashville 2007 (concert filmed on May 6th, 2006 with Nashville)
Live At The Seaside 1987 (concert filmed in Brighton, April 1987)
- The Innocent - Live 1988 (concert filmed with the NEC of Birmingham, November 15th, 1988)
- Wild! - Live 1990 (concert filmed at Docklands Arena of London, December 11th, 1989)
- Pop ! 20 Hits 1992 (the first 20 videos clip of Erasure, 1985 to 1992)
- The Tank, The Swan & The Balloon 1993 (concert filmed in Apollo of Oxford on June 8th, 1992, then republished in DVD in 2004)
- Erasure EPK 1996 (Kit of press for the promotion of the album " Erasure" , then republished in supplement of the DVD Hits! The Videos in 2003)
- The Tiny Turn 1998 (concert filmed in Apollo of Oxford, on November 11th, 1996)
- Official site " erasureinfo.com"
- " Page; Erasure" on the site of the label distributer of Erasure in France
- Site " Erasure.France" by a French fan (PaGu)
- Section devoted to Erasure on the French forum " Synthpop.fr"
- bilingual Site Russian-English " erasure.ru" very frequently updated
- English Site with many headings
- List in all the concerts given by Erasure, year per year since 1985
- Words of the songs of Erasure
- Transcription of some albums of Erasure in agreements for guitar (American notation)
- " Erasure Fans Around the World"
|Random links:||Neufchâtel (cheese) | Trekkies (pelÃcula) | Giora Feidman | Thomas Andrew Knight | 1946 as a cartoon | Plain popular party (Belize) | Cedartown,_la_Géorgie|