Epping ( German Eppingen in ) is a common French, located in the department of the the Moselle and the area Lorraine. The Village belongs to the Regional natural park of the Vosges of North and of the basin of life of the Moselle-is.
GeographyThe Village, located in country discovered, is in edge of the Köngistrasse (the royal Route ), which connected Bouquenom to Deux-Ponts.
HistorySeveral Gallo-Roman vestiges of habitat and a Stele appearing Mercury discovered on the round of applause of Urbach, testify to the antiquity of the village and its variation, mentioned in the form Eppingen in 1380, of the name of man Eppo .
From the spiritual point of view, Epping was branch of the Paroisse of Volmunster until in 1802, date on which it was set up in Paroisse with Urbach like appendix. It passed at the same time in the new archpriest of this name.
The Bombardment S of February and March 1944 completely destroyed the village and the church, dedicated to Saint Donat, was only rebuilt of 1955 with 1957, within Roger Sarrailh, Architecte with Bitche.
Places and monuments
- the church, dedicated to Holy Donat, rebuilt after the Second world war.
- a massive trunk in Oak of the 18th century, in deposit with the Presbytery, reinforced by strap hinges in Iron forged, is the trunk of the factory, intended to preserve its files and its accounts. It is provided with three hasp locks, whose Curé, president and treasurer of the factory held each one one of the keys, which required their triple presence, each time it was a question of opening it.
|Random links:||Schedule of Brunoy | A canticle for Leibowitz | Canton of Lézignan-Corbières | BC Khimki Moscow | Warburg institute | Liste_de_basiliques|