See also: Épinay (homonymy)
GeographyThe commune of Epinay-sur-Seine is most Western of the department of the Seine-Saint-Denis. Located at 12 km in the north of Paris on Right Bank of the the Seine, it is bordering on the communes of Saint-Denis, Villetaneuse and the Island-Saint-Denis in the same department of the Seine-Saint-Denis, Argenteuil, Saint-Gratien, Enghien-the-Baths, Mourning-the-Bars and Montmagny in the department of the Val-d'Oise.
The communal territory is crossed over all its length of north in south-east by a small river: the Ru of Enghien , like by one of its affluents, the Ru of the Stud farms or Ru of Arra'.
Of a 14,2 kilometers length, the Ru of Enghien takes its source in Forêt of Montmorency in the north of the commune in the Val-d'Oise and is thrown in the the Seine after having crossed, having channeled essentially, the territories of Montlignon, Margency, Enghien-the-Baths and Épinay-sur-Seine and having fed the pond of hunting, upstream in forest, then the ponds of the park of Maugarny (in limit of Montlignon and Margency), those of the park of Bury with Margency and the laying-up basin of the Winches with Eaubonne. It moves then towards the Lac of Enghien before reaching Épinay.
Le Ru of the Stud farms or Ru of Arra , a 6,3 kilometers length is born in the small valley from the Stud farms in the east from Montmorency (Val-d'Oise) and is thrown in the Ru of Enghien to little distance from the the Seine after having crossed, in underground for a great part, the territories of Groslay, Montmagny and Villetaneuse. The Management of the water and the cleansing of the department of the Seine-Saint-Denis carried out several studies for the requalification of this brook, in particular in its part where it is in communal limit of Montmagny and Villetaneuse. The realization of this project implies an significant improvement of water quality upstream.
Highway networkThe commune is served by the highways and, like by the main road, which constitutes the main axis of the city, or.
Taking into account the importance of the traffic supported by the National 14, this one constitutes a gash in the urban fabric which it contributes to disjoin.
Town planningThe common one preserved traditional suburban zones, but is primarily marked by the existence of several great units, such as the Cities of Orgemont, of the Source and Presles.
The sector of the Swan of Enghien, bordering this city and its lake, is the crested district of the city.
The center town, urbanized in the years 1970-1980, extremely dense and complex, is the subject of a project of very deep officially agreed reorganization with ANRU. This renovation project urban relates to 4 districts, and relates to 3 major sets of themes: the center town and its central role, the diversification of the offer of habitat and renewal of spaces, equipment and public services.
The reorganization of the one of the two hypermarkets of the city, that of Epicentre, is an element impossible to circumvent of the restoration of the center town. In addition, the city, which has a long frontage on the the Seine, wishes to emphasize its banks et" retourner" urbanization towards the river, in order to improve the framework of life and the image of the city.
Another of the shutters innovator of this step is the construction of a programme of about fifteen houses to 100.000 euros of the program éponyme of Jean-Louis Borloo.
The whole of these projects is carried by the Communauté of agglomeration Plaine Commune, in agreement with the City.
The name of Epinay-sur-Seine comes from Latin Spinogelum , place covered of undergrowth, bushes or spines and Latin Sequana , the Seine.
The oldest establishment attested on the site of the commune goes back to the 7th century. It is at that time that is mentioned for the first time the existence of the village of Spinogelum by the chronicler Frédégaire, in the year 638.
With, the spinassiens live port activities on the Seine, as well as market gardenings and cereal and Viticulture.
With, a brilliant company attends the properties of the place, the stays of Diderot, Grimm or Jean-Jacques Rousseau at Madam dEpinay is frequent.
With, the commune loses part of its territory: the castle of Briche is given to Saint-Denis and the creation of the commune of Enghien-the-Baths on August 7th 1850 to make him lose southern banks of the Lac of Enghien. After the difficult occupation by the Prussian during the winter 1870/1871, the commune is industrialized little by little.
The commune is in particular known to have sheltered in 1971 the 58e congress of SFIO, said the Congrès of Épinay, which saw the “reunification” of the socialist “family”.
She is also known for the Studios Flash, famous in Cinéma and for the treatment of the films, etc
The October 27th 2005, at the first day of the “riots of 2005, Jean-Claude Irvoas, a French employee in a firm of urban furniture is beaten with died by two individuals of 19 and 23 years in the district of Orgemont. It was occupied photographing a standard lamp for the catalog of the company havraise ETI, which manufactures standard lamps antivandalism. The November 30th, two suspects were put in examination, for “flight violence follow-up having resulted in death”. Those were already known police services for flights, concealments, drug trafficking.
The rate of criminality of the district of police force of Epinay-sur-Seine including Villetaneuse (crimes and offenses, figures 2005) is of 113,70 per 1000 inhabitants (with a rate of resolution of the businesses by the police services of 24,23%) what is much higher than average the main road (83/1000) and of the department of the Seine-Saint-Denis of 95,67/1000.
TwinningThe commune is twinned with:
See also: Laboratories Flash
Épinay is a commune mainly devoted to housing, but includes/understands nevertheless a significant economic fabric, with its 7.695 paid and 1766 establishments including 9 of 100 paid and more in STCRP, the line taken N° 54.
It was removed on March 25th, 1935 and was replaced by lines of bus. The index of line 54 is always useful nevertheless, with the current lines RATP 154 and 254, which always serve Épinay…
The deposit of the trams was called the deposit of Briche and was located near the Carrefour of the Mobiles , on current Boulevard Foch. Closed down on January 28th 1935, then rented with companies, was demolished in 1966 to make place with residences
In 1921, the line of 14,9 km was traversed in 65 minutes by the 17 oars of tram which served it, with 15 minutes a minimal interval at the rush hour.
In 1902, the line transported 6.626.000 travellers, then, in 1909,8.754.000 travellers, who, in 1926, were nothing any more but 6.376.000.
the Large Belt
The Line of Large Belt, is a line of Railroad which makes all the turn of Paris.
Épinay had two stations: That known as Épinay-Large Belt , which were on the square of the Gare of Épinay-Villetaneuse, and the Large Path , with the site of current station the RER of Épinay on the Seine.
TodayThe commune has two stations:
- in the east the Station of Épinay - Villetaneuse
- in the west, the Station of Epinay-sur-Seine.
Épinay is also served by the buses:
- night Service roads towards Montigny Beauchamp, Enghien and Paris with noctiliens
In spite of the apparent diversity of this offer of transport in commun runs, the city feels as wedged and asks for the creation of new infrastructures to satisfy the needs for its inhabitants.
TomorrowTwo projects of Tram-train and Tramway should be born medium-term: the Tangential North, line of by-pass connecting Sartrouville to Noisy-the-Dryness (brought into service discounted in 2014 for its section Épinay - Le Bourget) and the Tram' there, which will connect as from 2011 the district of Orgemont to the Center Town and Saint-Denis, with a branch towards Villetaneuse.
Monuments and places of visit
the Town hall occupies since July 19th 1908 the old hotel seigneurial of the stronghold of Ormesson. Since the disappearance of the castle of Briche in 1870, it is the only survivor of the old castles of Épinay. The existence of a residence on this site is mentioned as of 1306; the lords of the village reside there then. Rebuilt in 1760 by the marquis of Terrail, wire of a financial rich person, in form of “T” which points out its name, it is an elegant construction characteristic of the 18th century. The windows of the western wing are decorated of Mascaron S on the keystones representing the four continents.
Of important work was carried out by the Bouwens architect of 1881 to 1889 (addition of marchionesses,…).
After the death of the king d' Espagne François d' Assise Bourbon, the castle is bought in 1906 by the commune which installs the town hall there (decoration of the room of the council of 1911).
pigeon the , street Mulot, completion date of the 18th century.
the house of music , 6 avenue de la République, is the only vestige of the country house of Pink Bertin.
the Notre-Dame Church of the Missions, 102 avenue Joffre, was the vault of the catholic missions, built by the architect of the archbishop's palace Paul Tournon, presented to the colonial Exposition of 1931 to the Bois of Vincennes " with the glory of the conquest missionary of the Catholic church through the countries and the centuries ".
It has an astonishing diversity of styles, with a frontage semi Anamite, semi Art déco. In 1932, following a national subscription launched by the Lyautey marshal, the house is rebuilt out of reinforced concrete (the house of origin being out of light materials) with Épinay. For the frontage, the Master-glassmaker Marguerite Huré uses a new process, the brick head , patented in 1930. The stained glasses, paintings and sculptures are carried out by artists of the Workshops of Sacred art (founded in 1919 by the painters Maurice Denis and Georges Desvallières) under the direction Of Henri de Maistre.
The Berges of the Seine are in the course of landscape and environmental reconquest.
The war memorial is due to the scissors of the sculptor Carlo Sarrabezolles, who also took part in the decoration of the Notre-Dame church of the Missions.
- Pink Bertin, modiste and hatter of the queen Marie Antoinette had a house there, with 13 rue Guynemer. Pink Bertin considered in all Europe, is regarded as the first large Parisian dressmaker. A work is devoted to him whose author is Michelle Sapori (2003, the French Institute of the Mode).
- the Prince de Talleyrand Maria in the Saint M3edard's Day Church with Catherine Warlu the 24 fructidor year X.
- the aviator Jules Védrines is crushed on April 21st, 1912 street of Yser during a Douai-Madrid way. It is seriously wounded, but will hold later its own role in a film carried out with the Eclair studios: " The Novel of Védrines".
- Jean-Pierre Dubois, president of the League of the Human rights
- the clown Albert Fratellini (1886 - 1961), habitat the town of 1950 with its death.
- Jerzy Lisowski (1928 - 2004), translator free-Polish
- Nicolas Joseph House (1771 - 1840), general of Napoleon and Marshal of France, was born in Épinay-sur-Seine.
- Lucien Michard (1903 - 1985), racing cyclist
- Busta Flex, rappor
- Jean-Claude Bouillon 1941 -, actor
- François d' Assise Bourbon (1822-1902), husband of the queen Isabelle II of Spain, settles in the castle of Epinay which it bought in 1881 and in which it dies in 1902.
- Alpha 5.20, rappor
- Cédric Lécluse, Eric Rabésandratana, footballers.
- Official site of the town of Epinay-sur-Seine
- Presentation by Hervé Chevreau of the program of urban renovation of the city
- Network of teaching exchanges of practices of the schools of Epinay-sur-Seine and besides (eppee)
- Gate of the schools of Epinay-sur-Seine - Epinay-on-Web
Notes, sources and references
|Random links:||Edgeley Park | List deputies of Saint-Pierre-and-Miquelon | Soviet rouble | Park of San Diego | Django (film) | Ergothérapiste|