See also: Guigou
Member of the Socialist party, it was several times minister.
BiographyIt is resulting from a family of origin of the north of the Italy and passed its childhood to Marrakech.
It is the wife of Jean-Louis Guigou, former technical adviser of Michel Rocard, aggregate of economy, professor of university, having also occupied various public office (of which delegated DATAR), and both have a child.
- Laid off in letters,
- Graduate of the Institute of political studies of Aix-en-Provence,
- Graduate of higher learning in American literature,
- Graduate of general academic works in economic scenes,
- Graduate of the National school of administration (promotion Simone Weil).
- 1974 - 1979: civil administrator with the ministry for Finances, with leaving the ENA, it is the second woman to integrate the Holy of Holies of the capacity of the State.
- 1979 - 1981: financial attache near the embassy of France in Great Britain,
- 1981 - 1982: Asia and America, head clerk of the States d' Europe to the direction of the Treasury,
- 1982: adviser technical with the cabinet of Jacques Delors, Minister for the Economy and finances,
- 1982 - 1988: adviser technical with the general secretary of the Elysium, in charge with the international economy, the foreign trade, the European businesses and the tops,
- 1985 - 1990: general secretary of the Inter-ministerial committee for the economic questions of European co-operation (SGCI), station in which it will discover and control all the mysteries of the European policy.
- 1988 - 1990: mission leader near the president of the Republic,
- 1994 - 1997: president of Europartenaires association.
Political careerIt engaged in policy as of the Années 1960 initially with UNEF, then with the Convention of the republican institutions, then with PSU of Michel Rocard in the Années 1970 and finally with the PS. Elisabeth Guigou was trained with the ENA and began with the cabinet from Jacques Delors in 1982, before joining that of François Mitterrand in the Elysium, under the impulse of Hubert Védrine where it is in charge with the financial businesses and the international questions of exchange. In 1986, it is named general secretary of the inter-ministerial committee for the European economic questions for the period of the cohabitation.
She was successively in charge of the European economic questions, then more particularly of the Central and Eastern Europe. Of October 2nd, 1990 with 1993, it replaces Edith Cresson at the post of minister delegated to the European Businesses. It had great responsibilities in the drafting and the installation for the Traité for Maastricht. At the time of this countryside, the general public discovers this new political woman. Pushed by François Mitterrand, it engages in the countryside of regional of 1992 in Provence-Alp-Coast of Azure. The list was led by Bernard Tapie.
In June 1997, it was established in the Vaucluse of which it becomes the deputy. She becomes Minister of Justice then Minister for the social Affairs in the Gouvernement Lionel Jospin in a station where she did not have any experience, affirming: The ministry for Justice is not any more that of the businesses, but that of the right . In this station, it runs up against the , Minister of Interior Department Jean-Pierre Chevènement, who defends repression and the nation whereas it defends the prevention. Lionel Jospin gives him reason but authorizes the creation of the “centers of reserve”. In this station, it also fights for PACS, for the rights of the young people resulting from immigration but born in France, against the double pain, for an easier divorce and a better independence of Justice. It had also the responsibility for the end of the monopoly of the appraisers on the public sales. Politically, it is surrounded by young socialist deputies like Arnaud Montebourg, Bruno Leroux and Christophe Caresche and approaches Louis Mermaz and Robert Badinter.
In 2001, it fails to take again with the right-hand side the town hall Avignon vis-a-vis Marie-Josée Roig, where her husband had already failed in 1989. It then decides to be presented in a surer district, in Seine-Saint-Denis in 2002, whose parachuting is successful.
It is President founder and Co-president with Jean-Christmas Jeanneney of Europartenaires association, its own employers' circle, and its feminist lobby: “Women of Europe”. Moreover, it sits at the board of directors of the foundation of Jacques Delors, “Our Europe”. It defended “yes” with the referendum of May 29th, with happiness in its socialist federation in 2004, but without success towards its voters the following year. Elisabeth Guigou is also member of the Board of directors of the Think tank the Friends of Europe .
Electoral mandatesDistrict council
- 1992 - 1998: regional adviser of Provence-Alp-Coast of Azure
- 1998 - 2001: district council of Provence-Alp-Coast of Azure
the European Parliament
- 01/06/1997 - 04/07/1997: deputy of Vaucluse (resignation because of its return to the government)
- 16/06/2002 - 6/19/2007: deputy of the Seine-Saint-Denis (9th district)
- Since June 17th, 2007 appointed Seine-Saint-Denis (9th district) ( XIIIe legislature, 2007-2012 )
- Member of the Commission of the cultural affairs
- Vice-présidente of the delegation of the National Assembly for the European Union
- Membre of the Mission of information on the question of the religious signs at the school
- Vice-Présidente of the group of friendship enters France and the United States
- Vice-Présidente of the group of friendship between France and Morocco
- Membre of the group of friendship or the group of studies to international vocation between France and China
- Membre of the group of friendship or the group of studies to international vocation enters France and Cuba
- Membre of the group of friendship or the group of studies to international vocation between France and Egypt
- Member of the Commission of parliamentary inquiry on the Affaire of Outreau
- 1997 - 2000: Minister of Justice, Minister for Justice,
- 2000 - 2002: Minister for Employment and solidarity.
Political office with the PS and the ParliamentVice-president of the delegation for the EU with the National Assembly (2002-2007); vice-president of the socialist group to the National Assembly (2002-2007); national secretary of the PS near François Holland, 1st secretary (December 2004 - 2005).
President of association “Women of Europe” (since July 1993); Co-president of association Europartenaires (since July 1994); member of the national office of the PS; member of the national council of the PS.
|Random links:||Freddie Keppard | Discography of The Clash | Allée 322 | Dull Nagel | Irabaien | Théorie_féministe_de_film|