Elias James Corey
Elias James Corey is a chemist Arab-American. He obtained the Nobel Prize of chemistry in 1990 for his research in the organic logic of synthesis. He worked especially in the field of the synthesis of natural products.
He in particular developed the Chlorochromate of pyridinium, a reagent employed in organic chemistry for to oxidize respectively the primary and secondary Alcools in Aldéhydes and Cétone S.
Another reaction develops by Corey are:
Corey-Bakshi-Shibata reduction (reduction CBS): a method to make asymmetrical alcohol S
- Corey-Fuchs reaction: a method to make Acetylene S
- Corey-Kim oxidation: oxidation of a alcohol with a Aldehyde
- Corey-Winter synthesis of olefin
- Prize winner of the Nobel Prize of chemistry 1990
- Autobiography on the site of the Foundation Nobel
|Random links:||Economic areas of Russia | Champniers-and-Reilhac | Pierre Bouchard | Biennial of the environment | Pemphigus | Hypothèse_de_dopamine_de_la_schizophrénie|