See also: Pisani
BiographyOriginating in Malta, arrived at 18 years from Tunis to Paris, Edgard Pisani is in Khâgne when the war bursts. At the beginning of the German Occupation it passes to Resistance. Does its role in the release of the Prefecture of Paris (interpreted in the film Paris burn? by Michel Piccoli) is worth to him to be distinguished by the members from CNR. He becomes the youngest sub-prefect of France in 1944.
Principal private secretary of the prefect of police in 1944, Edgard Pisani becomes principal private secretary of the Minister of Interior Department in 1946. The same year, it is named prefect of the Haute-Loire and principal private secretary of National defense.
In 1947 he becomes prefect of the Haute-Marne, he is elected senator of this department of 1954 with 1961 and is registered with the group of the Rassemblement of the Republican lefts and the democratic Gauche which takes the name of democratic Gauche in 1956.
General adviser of the Canton of Montreuil-Bellay in Maine-et-Loire of 1964 to 1965, it is elected mayor of the commune of 1965 to 1975.
Founder of the Movement for the reform (MPR, gaullist of left), it sits at the National Assembly in 1967 like deputy UD-Ve République of the First district of Maine-et-Loire then to the Senate of 1974 to 1981, as Socialist senator of the Haute-Marne. It is charged to represent France with the Commission of Brussels, after May 1981. There will remain two years there.
High commissioner of the Republic in New Caledonia in 1985, he is operations manager near the President of the Republic of 1986 to 1992.
He chairs the Institut of the Arab world of 1988 to 1995 and enters to the Economic and Social Council in 1992.
- Member of several governments, it exerts the functions of minister of:
- Minister for Agriculture in the cabinets Michel Debré of 1961 to 1962, and Georges Pompidou of 1962 to 1966 (he plays a great part in the definition of the common agricultural policy of the EEC),
- Ministre for the Equipment in the third cabinet Pompidou of 1966 to 1967,
- Ministre for the Equipment and Housing in the fourth cabinet Georges Pompidou in April 1967, the year when he gives his resignation of member of government. (The Council of Ministers asks for the authorization the Parliament to control by ordinance and Edgard Pisani is against)
- Minister in charge for the New Caledonia from May 21st, 1985 to November 15th, 1985, under the Gouvernement Laurent Fabius.
the Area: for what to make (1969);
- the undivided General (Albin Michel, 1974);
- Socialist of reason (1978);
- For Africa (1988);
- Persists and signs (1992);
Between the market and the needs for the men. Agriculture and world food safety , with Pierre-Yves Guihéneuf, 1996, editions Charles Léopold Mayer;
- an old man and the Earth (Threshold, 2004);
- Lives the revolt ! (Threshold, 2006);
- a world politics to nourish the world (Springer, 2007)
“ I distinguish two kinds of politicians: those which annoy me and those which interest me. It is the esthetics which is decisive. De Gaulle is supreme in esthetics. The remainder, I of insane ”. 1965.
- Site and forum citizen Edgard Pisani
|Random links:||Robert Burns | Varahagiri Venkata Giri | List Spanish newspapers | Alena Popchanka | Battle of Peene | Michael_VIII_Palaiologos|