Economy of oil in Chad
- 1962 : the first research (unfruitful) in the North of the country by a French company
- 1969: profitable research in the South by an American company, the CONOCO. the poor quality of oil and especially geographical insulation dissuade for nearly thirty years any commercial exploitation.
- October 18th 2000: official launch of the building work of the Chad-Cameroun pipeline in Komé (Chad)
- October 20th 2000: official launch of the building work of the Chad-Cameroun pipeline in Kribi (Cameroun)
- 2003: beginning of the production
- February 2005: accession of Chad to the Association of the African oil producers (APPA)
Economy of oil
the oil resources of Chad
- Basin of Doba: proven reserves higher than 900 million barrels, is approximately 150 million tons. Three oil fields in exploitation (Bolobo, Komé, and Miandoum).
- Basin of Sédigui: reserves of 150 million barrels, unexploited.
- américano-Malaysian consortium of exploitation (ExxonMobil, Chevron, Petronas)
- pipeline Chad-Cameroun (1070 km including 205 in Chad)
- mini-refinery of Farcha
incomesThe awaited net incomes would be assembled to two billion dollars annual, which would make it possible to increase the budget of the State by 40 to 50%.
An ONG Chadian was given for mission of supervising the use of these incomes. It publishes a monthly letter. Group Alternative Searchs and for Monitoring of the project Pétrole Chad Cameroun ONG publishes a monthly letter on the use of the incomes by the Chadian government, the negotiations with the financial backers, the evaluation of the incomes…
Oil and development
- financing of the oil project
- the use of the money of oil
- the College of Control and Monitoring of the Oil incomes - http://www.ccsrp-tchad.org
- the oil “mirage”
Oil and democracy
- right of the population local
- attacks to the environment
Base of Komé (photo)
- Ministry for the oil of Chad
|Random links:||David Hilbert | Hello in budo | JoÃ£o Alberto | Miller Park | Fishings out of Red Wings de Détroit | Haer | Banlieue_noire_de_Daugherty,_Pennsylvanie|