ESCP-EAP is a school of management, founded in 1819 with Paris. It is the oldest business school of the world. Today, it acquired, thanks to fusion with the EAP European School off Management, a true dimension European and multicultural, and has campuses with London, Berlin, Madrid and Turin, which confers its specificity and its transnational identity to him.
The school belongs to the Chamber of commerce and of industry of Paris and is accredited AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA.
The ESCP (as from 1819)The National college of business of Paris ( Sup of Co Paris ) was created on October 1st 1819 under the name of Special École of Trade and Industry by a group of industrialists and economists under the crook of Vital Russet-red and Jean-Baptiste Say, in order to accompany the industrial revolution. The idea of Vital Russet-red was to create a school where pedagogy would be built on the basis of simulated commercial operation, according to a progression in the complexity of the taught businesses. In fact, the teaching program of the ESCP included/understood at its beginnings an mainstream education in writing, in foreign languages, arithmetic and geography, as well as lesson of specific specialities to this school: bookkeeping, accountancy, rules and uses of the trade. Moreover, of the exercises and practical works were proposed to the pupils. It acted, according to the pedagogy imagined by Russet-red Vital, to put them in concrete situations. Thus after having taken knowledge of the basic techniques of the trade, the pupils were put in situation to manage a multiple product and commercial firm having several stores. They were to then make in the same way with the international level. These exercises preceded the pedagogy based on the case study, now used in the majority of the business schools in the world.
The institution, based with the Hotel of Sully in the IVe district of Paris, attempted to diffuse, in France of the time, the principles of the political economy and commercial freedom. One also finds in the texts founders of the ESCP a patriotic ambition. It had, just like the other business schools created thereafter in France, to be an instrument of economic development of the country against its adversaries, initially England then Germany.
The first two directors, Brodart and Legret, were traders in silk trade. The academic level of recruitment was at the 19th century less low than that of the university. There were no yet preparatory classes. In 1830, was adopted the name of National college of business.
The senior of the schools of management immediately succeeded in attracting international students. As example, the promotion of 1824 includes/understands 118 pupils including 36 foreigners, 7 Spanish, 2 havanais, 5 Brazilian, 5 Dutch, 4 German, 2 Greeks, 2 Portuguese, 2 American, 2 Chilean, 1 Savoyard, 1 Italian, 1 Swedish, 1 Russian and 1 haîtien.
During one 19th tumultuous and tormented century, the successive directors knew to preserve the spirit of independence of the ESCP, which they are traders, senior officials or professors. Let us quote, among most famous, Adolphe Blanqui, of the Institute, director of 1830 with 1854. Disciple of Jean-Baptiste Say, it accelerated, on his equities, the development of the School, which had to move twice in two years to face the increase in the number of pupils. In 1889, the School settled with the 79, Avenue of the Republic, with Paris, the address which it occupies always today.
The EAP (as from 1973)On its side, the European School of the businesses ( EAP- European School off Management Studies - ) was created in 1973 on the initiative of CCIP. Right from the start the EAP had a model of formation with transnational management in a European universe. It was established in several big cities of Europe (Paris, Oxford, Madrid and Berlin) and was the first university has to deliver two European diplomas: the French diploma of “University” and, having also statute of university in Germany, the Diplomkaufman/frau . Its precursory model is at the base of the vision, of the structure as well as European identity characteristic of the current ESCP-EAP European School off Management.
In 1999, the ESCP and the EAP amalgamate to off give rise to ESCP-EAP European School Management , on the initiative of the Chamber of commerce and of industry of Paris (CCIP), to which they belong both. It acted then, according to the promoters of this fusion, to allow the alliance of the traditional model and the means of the ESCP the European teaching model, innovating, of the EAP. Moreover, the regrouping of the two schools was to allow the constitution of an educational establishment having a critical size on the international market of the formations higher than management. Moreover, the direction of the CCIP initially had board on a bringing together between schools ESCP and HEC. Décrié by associations the old ones of the two schools at the time of the advertisement of the project, the new finally formed unit very quickly appeared coherent with the eyes of all. Less than two years after its advent, it was not called any more into question.
The ESCP-EAP is the result of fusion between the ESCP and the EAP. The School names off ESCP-EAP European School Management . With the French official journal the name University of Management ESCP-EAP was made up in order to preserve the possibility of making evolve ultérierement the name of L Ecole to ESM. Indeed, ESM is as well L acronym of European School off Management as of that of University of Management. Some, in France, still call it, wrongly, ESCP, Sup of Co, Co Paris Sup, National college of business of Paris or ESC Paris. With international, one also knows it under names EAP (School of the Businesses of Paris during its first years) European School of the Businesses, Europäische Wirtschaftshochschule and European School off Management Studies .
A stake of marketing In 1999, ESCP was well-known in France, while the EAP was very well identified with international (at the end of the Nineties the MBA of the EAP were regularly classified among 30 the better world ones by Business Week ). The persons in charge of the two schools were confronted with two options: they could is to create a new mark following the example the EC what the IMEDE had done and the IMI which, a few years before, had amalgamated to form it from now on celebrates IMD, or to capitalize on the two preexistent marks (with the image of PriceWaterHouseCoopers or BNP-Paribas).
Initially the CCIP had chosen the first solution, and aimed at the launching of a new “mark” by baptizing the new entity: Institute of Management Euro-Paris (IMEP). But under the pressure of old, particularly of the old ESCP, mark “ESCP-EAP” was finally retained, whereas the old EAP expressed a preference for European School off Management name which translated perfectly the identity of the new institution and whose initials “ESM” could be also included/understood in French like " University of Management". Today, it is clear that the international legibility of initials of seven letters of which the acronym does not mean anything in any language does not help immediately with the visibility of the establishment. On the other hand, the name selected is in charge of History, which, in the academic world, is not stripped of interest.
BudgetFor the year 2006, the budget rose to 50 million euros, of aucuns consider that by dividing this sum by the number of pupils, approximately 3.000, one obtains the budget by pupil, that is to say approximately 15.000€ by pupil, which would thus call for some greater detail. In addition to school fees, the resources of the ESCP-EAP come from CCIP, the Senate of Berlin, the Italian Confindustria European and other institutional actors. Moreover, European Foundation ESCP-EAP has from now on vocation to accompany its development financially. As in the other business schools, the school fees are definitely higher than in the public universities.
Five European campuses
The ESCP-EAP is an establishment which has several campuses, but the direction, just like the teaching staff of the school, is single. The students circulate between the various campuses and receive all the diploma of the same institution, recognized by the national authorities of the various countries of Europe where the school is established.
In France, ESCP-EAP occupies a position of foreground for teaching of management, it is member of the Conférence of the Universities. The school is located in XIe district of Paris, near the district Oberkampf (subway Rue Saint-Maur). With fifteen minutes of the ESCP-EAP, in XIIe district, one finds a residence reserved to the students of ESCP-EAP (subway Daumesnil).
With the the United Kingdom, the school is member of the AMBA and the Association of the Business schools . The ESCP-EAP is located at Hampstead, London. This pole gradually must, within group ESCP-EAP, to develop an expertise in finance.
In Italy, the campus of Turin opened in March 2004, in partnership with the Faculté of economy of the university of Turin which accommodates the buildings of ESCP-EAP. This pole would have, within group ESCP-EAP, to develop, in the long term, an expertise in technology. A course of engineers - managers was set up with the Polytechnic school of Turin, one of oldest and prestigious schools of engineers d' Italie.
Implication citizenESCP-EAP is recipient:
of the world pact of UNO
- of committee 21 for the environment and sustainable development in France
- of the project “Equal opportunity” for the access to the universities
In addition, ESCP-EAP:
is associated with the College of the High Environmental Studies and of Sustainable development
- set up a procedure of Validation of the assets of experiment (VAE) of level bac+5
Population and life coed
Nationalities of the studentsMany students (all confused diplomas): 3.300 on five campuses ESCP-EAP. Characteristic of this multicultural establishment: only the half of the students are French. The others come from the remainder of the Europe for the majority, but also of Asia, , North Africa the Middle East or America.
AssociationsESCP-EAP counts nearly 50 associations coeds in her center, including one certain number are specific to each European campus like the English BDE Maddin' London or the Spanish BDE Maddin' Madrid.
Junior-companyESCP-EAP Conseil is the Junior-Company of the school. Founded in 1972, it is specialized in the missions of To that the, Marketing, Finance, Stratégie and Traduction S. It realizes more than 110 studies per annum for an average turnover of: 650000 €. It is the accredited French first I Iso 9001, version 2000 by the AFAQ.
Turned towards the international one, ESCP-EAP Conseil is the single Junior-Company able to act on the five other European campuses: Paris, London, Berlin, Madrid and Turin. It intervenes now in China thanks to its establishment on the campus of the university of Tongji, supported by the Franco-Chinese Center of the university.
It is member of the CNJE (National conference of the Juniors Undertaken) and member-founder of CS (Committee Senior) and formed part each years of three the best I of France in term of sales turnover.
It contains each year a score of administrators elected by all 1.200 investigator of the school, all registered in one of the die of the school, in particular the die Large-School.
AdmissionSo traditionally one entered with ESCP-EAP quasi exclusively by the way of the preparatory classes, the development of the group and of the new programs gradually led it to open with other types of profiles. As in the other universities, there exist from now on multitudes of procedures of admission, according to the level of studies and the program concerned:
In first year of the program University (after 2 years of higher learning)
- after a Preparatory class economic and commercial or literary: approximately 350 allowed each year
- after a diploma of foreign secondary education and two years of studies at the university (except in France) by the way of the international contest: approximately 150 allowed
In second year of the program University (after 3 years of higher learning)
- Contest of direct admission after a university license, a IEP or a school of engineers: approximately 60 allowed
- Contest of the Service of the international admissions (SAI) of the Chamber of commerce and industry of Paris for the holders of a diploma sanctioning at least three years of international studies (out of France): approximately 60 allowed
In Master' S in European Business (after 4 or 5 years of higher learning)
- Contest open to the holders of a master (first or second year) in sciences, right, letters, medicine, economy, political science: approximately 260 allowed
In Mastère specialized (after 4 years of higher learning and track records or 5 years of higher learning)
- after a diploma validating 5 years of French or foreign higher learning, a such master, a diploma of school of engineers or trade, a course in medicine, pharmacy or architecture, etc: approximately 450 allowed (and 60 allowed in the ms time-sharing)
- after a first year of master and three years of track records
In international Master in Madrid (after 5 years of higher learning)
- after a Spanish Licenciatura or the equivalent in another country (master in France)
In doctoral program (after 5 years of higher learning)
- after a master with finality of research or any other diploma allowing to be registered directly in doctorate
- after at least five years of track records: approximately 270 allowed
In procedure of Validation of the assets of experiment (VAE)
- after an community activity of at least 5 years as a framework directing or directing
Formations of Master levelThese formations which lead to the rank of master, are accessible after 2 to 4 years from higher learning
Program UniversityIt is the program historical of ESCP-EAP, the candidates, allowed on contest, represent 70 nationalities. Two dies are proposed for these three years of studies: the European die with 7 possibilities of academic courses, is 3 years, 3 countries, 3 diplomas, 3 languages with the choice on the 5 campuses and the die Paris-International which includes/understands two years of studies with Paris and a year in a university partner.
This program makes it possible to obtain the diploma “University” of the ESCP-EAP, the rank of master is then conferred of right to its holders, like one or two of the following diplomas, for the students of the European die:
European Master off Science in Management : it is about a university degree of third cycle ( post-graduate ) conferred by The City University, London .
- Diplom Kaufmann/Frau , a diploma of State aimed in Masterly Germany
- Laurea in Economia , recognized in Italy
- Master Europeo in Administración there Dirección de Empresas conferred by the Universidad Carlos III of Madrid
Within this European die, the students study on three of the five campuses of the ESCP-EAP, in one of the academic courses designed by the school:
Paris - London - Berlin
- London - Madrid - Paris
- Turin - Paris - Berlin
- Turin - London - Paris
- Turin - Madrid - Paris
The students who make the Paris-International choice of the die study for their part at least two years in Paris, in the buildings of the ESCP-EAP which occurred of the Republic, then complete their course on the campus of a partner establishment (either within the framework of a university exchange, or within the framework of a double-diploma).
Moreover, since 1999, the die training makes it possible forty students by promotion to alternate theoretical courses and work in company throughout one 24 month. The apprentice does not pay school fees, and touches moreover wages on behalf of the company which accommodates it.
For the pupils of the die Paris-International, who carry out their last year in Paris, various specializations are proposed:
- To that the
- Creation of company
- international Finance
- financial and tax Engineering
- Management of projects
- public Management (for the preparation of the administrative contests, in particular)
- human Resources
- Industrial engineering (at the Central School of Paris)
- Technologies information (at the Central School of Paris)
- Data-processing: Systems and network (in Supelec)
- Computing systems (in Supelec)
- alternative Management (with HEC)
- Management of arts and creation (with HEC)
Master' S in European Business/MEBThe MEB is a formation international general practitioner, of format MBA (it accredited AMBA besides), with management and the businesses, in a European context. The international participants (more than 30 nationalities are represented), are selected immediately after a diploma, sanctioning four or five years of higher education, obtained in disciplines other than management, or after short track records (in 2006,21% of allowed schools of engineers were graduate, 18% of marketing/finance, 14% of political sciences, 13% of economy and 12% of legal sciences). The 230 to 250 students admitted on contest can then choose to study in two of the five campuses of ESCP-EAP or on a campus partner (HAS Bangkok, tce of Monterrey, M.D.I.de New Delhi). The program lasts 12 months (6 months in each of the 2 selected countries), the agreements with the campuses partners allow, under certain conditions, to also obtain the M.B.A (double-diploma) of the institution partner. The diploma of the European Programme of higher education in management is aimed by the Minister of education main road and the rank of master is conferred of right to its holders. With the international plan it is one of the very first programs of general management to have received accreditation PEM ( Pre-experiment master in general management ) of the AMBA ( Association off MBA ).
The MEB prepares with high level international careers in general management, a council, finance, and marketing in particular.
Formations postmasterThese formations are accessible after 4 or 5 years from higher learning in certain cases:
Mastères Specialized15 Mastères specialized (ms) are exempted on the campus of Paris.
Strategy and Piloting of the Operations (Supply-chain, Purchases…)
Management of the Operational and Financial Performance
Management of the goods and cultural activities in partnership with the University of Ca' Foscari, Venice
To that and the Council
Right and international Management (common with HEC)
Management of Inheritance
To innovate and Undertake
Management of the Edition
Management of the Men and the Organizations
Management of the international Projects
Marketing and Communication
Strategy and Management of the Information systems
Masters internationalThese programs are given in Spanish and English on the campus of Madrid:
international Master in marketing
- international Master finances of it
- international Master in human resources
This new program is given in French, English and Italian on the campus of Paris and within the Université “Ca' Foscari” of Venice:
Management of the goods and the cultural activities
Intended for the students interested by the project management in the international level in the fields of the culture, the program allows obtaining a mastère specialized ESCP-EAP and Master di II livello of the University “Ca' Foscari” of Venice.
Ph.D and DoctoratESCP-EAP proposes a program Ph.D and the possibility of preparing a Doctorat in sciences of management in partnership with a university.
The fields of research relate to: International businesses, Accounts Department, Control of Management, Finances, Marketing, Organization, human Resources, Stratégie and Management, Information systems and Decision
Executive European MBAOf one 18 months duration, the program is composed of 9 cours fundamental, 18 cours elective (among 40 proposed and exempted on the five campuses of the School) and 5 international seminars. Approximately 130 people are selected each year in this program classified 22e in the world by Financial Times in 2007.
Central European MBAFrom one two years duration (whose part-time year and a full-time year), this MBA is held in Berlin and in the Eastern European countries of Europe (Poland, Slovakia, Tchéquie, Hungary and Estonia). It is about an intended program to the tested executives which work primarily in the Eastern European countries. The courses proceed in German mainly.
Mastères specialized time-sharing6 Mastères specialized time-sharing, for executives in activity, are also proposed: Business Consulting (project management of change), Internal control and control of the risk, Energy Management , Financial and Tax Engineering, Management of Inheritance and Marketing & Communication.
Formation for frameworks and leadersThe ESCP-EAP proposes programs of continuing education for the companies and their universities and of the training courses between firms, as well as a diplômant course entitled Leading Cadre (ex: “Direction and Strategic Management of the Companies” - DMSE) registered with the National directory of professional certification on level I.
In addition, ESCP-EAP set up a step of Validation of the assets of experiment (VAE) for obtaining the title “Tally-leader” of the Corporate Division of the ESCP-EAP. The VAE is accessible to the paid candidates, nonpaid or voluntary, having carried on an community activity of at least 5 years as a tally-leader or directing.
School feesIn spite of the financial participation of the CCIP, the school fees are, as in the other business schools, much higher than at the university:
one year of the program university is invoiced 8.000 €
- Mastères specialized cost the student between 10.000 € and 14.000 €, for one year of training
- the MEB totals 13.500 €
- to study in MBA a framework must pour a little more than 30.000 €
For the students, the financing of the studies is facilitated by the offers of loans atcompetitive rates for the students in business schools, famous engineers or third university cycles. In addition, in addition to the jobs suggested on campus (cafétaria, assistantship, studies for the junior-company, etc), the training courses which the pupils during their schooling must obligatorily carry out, most of the time, are well remunerated. Lastly, to attract students with the modest incomes, ESCP-EAP a system of purses set up which compensate for whole or part of the school fees.
Partnerships in France
Agreements with universitiesThe students have the possibility of continuing, in parallel of their studies with ESCP-EAP, of the formations in the following universities:
the Doctoral School Economy, organizations, company of the University Paris X - Nanterre with ENA, the Polytechnic school, the École des Mines of Paris and ESSEC:
- Master seeks in “Management and dynamics of the organizations”
- Master seeks in “Management of the organizations and public policies”
the University Paris X - Nanterre, École des Mines:
the Pantheon-Assas university:
the University Paris VI Pierre and Marie Curie:
- the University of Southern Paris XI - Seals:
- Master 2 in Right of the products and financial markets
- Master 2 Lawyer of businesses
the University of Paris XIII - Villetaneuse
Agreements with schools of engineersIn July 2006, ESCP-EAP, the Central School of Paris and Supélec signed an important bearing academic agreement on three axes: agreement of exchange of students, double diploma and research, with an aim of an opening on the scientific sets of themes and the Management in international context.
The students of ESCP-EAP can from now on specialize in:
Industrial engineering at the central School Paris
- Technologies information at the central School Data-processing Paris
- : Systems and network with Supélec (campus of Rennes)
- Computing systems in Supélec (Parisian Campus of Gif-sur-Yvette)
- or to follow the courses of the ms Technology and management of the central School Paris
ESCP-EAP is partner of the master of research in Sciences of management of the CNAM in collaboration with the ENSAM.
- the ms Consulting Business is proposed in partnership with Supélec
- the ms Energy Management Co-is accredited with the 3Ecole Nationale Sup3erieure of oil and the engines (IFP) and the Norwegian School off Management (BI)
In addition ESCP-EAP is associated, within the framework of the college of the High Environmental Studies and Sustainable development (CHEE & DD) at the Central School of Paris and the agronomic National institute Paris-Oil cake (INA-PG). The objective of this college is to study and diffuse knowledge on political dimensions, legal, economic and sociological of the environment and sustainable development. The sessions alternatively take place with INA- PG, the House of Centraliens and ESCP-EAP
Agreements with business schools
- Mastère specialized Right and international Management is taught in partnership with HEC Paris
In addition, the students of ESCP-EAP can follow the courses of the major ones: Alternative management and Management of arts and the creation of HEC
Pulpit of research common to ESCP-EAP, HEC and Advancia in entrepreneuriat
Partnership with Asfored
ESCP-EAP exempts jointly with the Asfored, the training center and of expertise for the trades of the edition, of the press and the communication, the ms Management of the Edition.
Partners of the European poles
These establishments Co-validate the courses of the students of ESCP-EAP on the various European poles of the group. Consequently, the academic qualifications obtained by the students are recognized by the national university authorities in the United Kingdom, in Italy and Spain. In Germany, the ESCP-EAP Berlin has a scientific statute of University and raises directly of the system of German higher education financed by the Regional government of Berlin. It can for this reason deliver only a diploma recognized in by the German university system, just like the ESCP-EAP Paris in France.
This system of Co-validation is single in Europe and makes it possible to the students of the program University to leave the ESCP-EAP with three diplomas of three different European countries out of pocket. And this, while remaining within the same institution while following one three years duration a coherent and evolutionary teaching course.
Associated campusThe University of Businesses (ESA) of Beirut (Lebanon), founded in 1996, account among the business schools more in sight in the Middle East. Its existence results from a cooperation agreement between France and Lebanon. Its piloting was entrusted to the CCIP which manages it as a pole associated with Group ESCP-EAP, in connection with the French Ministry for Foreign Affairs and the Central bank of Lebanon. The pupils of the ESA obtain for each program suggested a diploma of establishment as well as a diploma of the ESCP-EAP or of another university or university partner.
This school also has an antenna with Bahrain
Agreements of double-diplomas
Agreements within the framework of the program University
In Italy, ESCP-EAP joined the Polytechnic school of Turin to assemble a common program of master in engineerings. From one three years duration, this program is intended for already titular students of a diploma for the occupation of engineer of first degree. At the end of the course, the students obtain a masterly Laurea in Ingegneria Gestionale of the Politecnico di Torino and the diploma University of ESCP-EAP.
In addition, ESCP-EAP proposes 11 possibilities of double diplomas to its students, in 9 different countries.
of the type MBA:
MBA off HAS Bangkok
- MBA of Indian Institute Management off Lucknow
- MBA of Management Development Institute off Gurgaon
of the Master type:
Master' S in Management of School off Economics and Management of Tongji University , China
- MSc in management of the City University of London
- Master de Aston Business School , GB
- Master off Science in Industrial Administration of University off Purdue , the USA
- Master in Professional Accounting de Red Mac Combs , the USA
- Diploma Kaufmann of the Technischen Universität , Berlin
- Laurea Specialistica of the University “Ca' Foscari” of Venice
- Master in international business of Akademia Ekonomiczna W Krakowie , Poland
Agreement within the framework of program MBA
- Norwegian School off Management of Oslo
Agreements of exchange
Agreements within the framework of the program UniversityWithin the framework of this training program, 38 agreements of exchange with universities partners were signed, on all the continents. Among the universities partners of the program one finds:
- Fundacao Getulio Vargas with the Brazil
- University of Tongji, China
- Babson College, the United States
- HEC Montreal
- Indian Institute off Management off Ahmedabad
- University of Kōbe, Japan
- Humboldt University of Berlin
- Trinity College (Dublin)
- University College Dublin
- Case Business School of London
- University of Vienna
- Solvay Business School of Brussels
- Complutense University of Madrid
- University LUISS of Rome
- University of Saint-Gall, Swiss
Agreements within the framework of program MEB
- tce of Monterrey (ITESM) in Mexico
- Asian Institute off Technology (A) in Bangkok, in Thailand
- Management Development Institute (MDI) of New-Delhi, in India
Mixed programMaster the Franco-Russian double in International management was assembled in partnership with the High College of Saving in Moscow (HCE). From one two years duration it is held in Moscow within the faculty of management of the HCE then on the Parisian campus of the ESCP-EAP. It allows ten Russian students recruited in this die to obtain the Russian diploma of State of Magistratura in management and Master “University” of the ESCP-EAP.
Agreements of recruitmentWith an aim of supporting European integration and the cultural mixture, ESCP-EAP tied 9 academic alliances with institutions of Eastern Europe. Within the framework of these alliances, ESCP-EAP integrates in its program university of the students coming from:
the university of saving in Poznan, Poland
- the Akademia Ekonomiczna W Krakowie , Poland
- the National university of trade and saving in Kiev, Ukraine
- Ekonomická univerzita v Bratislave , Slovakia
Teaching cooperation agreements
- Algerian University of Businesses (ESAA)
- Center of study of the technology transfers and the processes of innovation
- Center of study and research America Latin-Europe
- Research center in distribution and e-business
- Research center in economic philosophy
- Research center in public management
The teaching staff is distributed on the five campuses and account 178 teachers appointed (except speakers), including 117 permanent professors. They teach intercultural management, accountancy, the right, the economy, the entrepreneuriat, finance, the languages, marketing, psychology, the methods quantitative, political sciences, the strategy, etc
Because of the options and third cycles suggested within this school, in the teachers of ESCP-EAP are more particularly specialized in management of the edition and the media, management of health, management and organization, industrial management and management of the operations and public management.
Pulpits of research
- Dirigeance of company
- Health (in partnership with Johnson & Johnson)
- Marketing and Communication
- Internal control and control of the activities
- Entrepreneuriat (with Ernst & Young)
- Strategy of the risks and Performance (in partnership with KPMG)
Russet-red Vital institute
The Russet-red Vital Institute, created into 1995 within ESCP-EAP, has the role to be a place of dialog and meetings between the economic community and the world of research. The works Vital Institut Russet-red are published, in France, with the editions Vuibert.
PublicationsThe European Management Newspaper is a professional publication of reference. Published in English language by ESCP-EAP and the University of Glasgow to the Elsevier editions, this semi-monthly is addressed to researchers, doctorands and professionals. It aims at diffusing the last articles of research in management in a European context. The leading committee is made up representatives of largest the business schools of the world.
LibraryOf a relatively modest size, the library of the Parisian campus of the ESCP-EAP has a collection made up of a little more: 40000 works (in sciences of management, right, sociology, etc) and of 750 periodicals. One also finds the memories of students there, of the annual reports of companies, the press kits and the databases in free access.
- 1819 - 1826: A. Brodart
- 1826 - 1930: Monier of Gash
- 1830 - 1854: Adolphe Blanqui
- 1854 - 1867: Gervais of Caen
- 1867 - 1869: Aime Girard
- 1869 - 1870: Guillaume Denière
- 1870 -…: Paul Schwaebé
… - 1972: Jean Vigier
- 1972 -…: Jean Schapira
- … - 1999: Veronique Chantérac-Lamielle
- 1999 - 2006: Jean-Louis Scaringella
- Since 2006: Pascal Morand
Former studentsIn 2007, the old ones of the ESCP-EAP are with the number of: 30000 (listed by the Association of Old, all diplomas confused). To date, approximately: 9000 of them work in another country that France. : 1200 new graduates leave the school each year. They work in the world of the company, but also in the central administrations, in the policy, teaching or the media. Among these: 30000 old, one finds in particular:
- Michel Barnier, old Foreign Minister; current Minister for agriculture
- Franck Biancheri, Minister for Finance of the Principality of Monaco
- Jean-Louis Destans, President of the General advice of the Eure
- Joseph Garnier (1813-1881), economist and politician French
- Jean-Pierre Lecoq, Adviser of Paris, Mayor of the 6th District of Paris and Député temporary
- Philippe Mathot, Vice-president of the Board of director of the the Ardennes and Directeur of APCE
- Jean-Pierre Raffarin, old French Prime Minister
- Frederic Salat-Baroux, general secretary of the Presidency of the Republic of 2002 to 2007, under presidency of Mr. Jacques Chirac
- Christian Saint-Etienne, economist and politician (Modem)
- Stephan Valéri, President of the National council (Parliament) of Monaco
- Fady Yarak, Managing director of the minister of education and the University education of the Lebanon
Chairman and DG
- Ignacio Garcia Alves, President of Arthur D. Little France
- Emmanuel Babeau, DG Adjoint in load of Finances of Pernod Ricard
- Patricia Barbizet, Managing director of Artemis, Vice-president of the Board of directors of Group PPR, Chairman of Christie' S
- Thierry Block, chairman of Pernod Ricard Europe
- Stéphan Bole, chairman of Nintendo France
- Eric Bonnem, DG Oxbow
- Grégory Boutté, President of EBay France
- Jean-Paul Truss, Managing director of the chain Quick
- Caroline Brousse, Managing director HSBC Investments France
- Jean-Claude Buono, Delegated general director of Liquid air
- Jean-Michel Carboni, Head office and board of directors Gaz de France, Finance director with the Gaz de France, Administrator-delegate of the Cofathec
- Aldo Cardoso, Administrator within Axa IM, Orange, Gaz de France, Rhodia, Accor, etc Former Chairman of the board of Andersen Worldwide
- Georges Casala, DG Branche Cookies and Produits Cereal , within Danone
- Jean Cassegrain, DG of Longchamps
- Pierre Coppéré, chairman of Pernod Ricard France
- Terenzio Cugia, Managing director of Blessed Stabli Gestioni SGR in Rome
- Alain Dassas, Finance manager of Nissan, member of the executive committee
- Jean-Luc Diard, chairman of Solomon
- Claude Esclatine, chairman of AlloCiné
- Serge Foucher, Vice-president of Sony Europe
- Xavier Garambois, DG Amazon France
- Patrick Gounelle, chairman of Ernst & Young France and Western Europe
- Gunnar Graf, chairman of DHL Total Email France
- Jean-Marc Janodet, President of CA of Sofisamc
- Hubert January, President Europe of the South of Clear Chanel Outdoor
- François Kayat, Directeur Corporate Finances Calyon
- Andre Lacroix, Managing director Inchcape
- Stanislas Laurent, chairman of Photoways
- François Lavaste, chairman of NETASQ
- Christophe de Margerie, chairman of Total
- Xavier Marin, chairman D Europcar
- Anne Marion-Bouchacourt, DRH and member of the Executive committee of the group General society
- Pierre Martinet, Delegated general director of Sequana Capital
- Veronique Morali, President of Chanel
- Marc Pandraud, President and Co-leader of Merrill Lynch France
- Franck Petitgas, Director Morgan Stanley Europe
- Alain Pons, DG To that the world for Deloitte, Member of the COMEX world Deloitte
- Christian Porta, chairman of Chivas Brothers
- Bernard Poussot, President and Vice-Chairman of Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Pascal Ravery, Directeur Europe JP Morgan Investment banking
- Sandrine Retailleau-Servant, DG of Timberland France
- Marc Ruff, chairman of Expedia
- Agnes Sroka, DG of Maeva
- Jerome Stoll, Managing director of Renault Mercosur
- Jean-Marc Tassetto, Managing director General public and Marketing of SFR
- Etienne Thobois, Director of the world cup of Rugby 2007
- Patrick Thomas, International Manager of Hermes
- Jean-Pierre Trelat, DG Adjoint of NRJ Group
- Charles Tonlorenzi, DG of Telegate France
- Thierry of the Tower of Artaise, chairman of SEB
- Cyrille Vigneron, DG of Cartier France
Mediae, culture, teaching
- Alex Alice, draftsman and scenario writer
- Christophe Barbier, Director of the Drafting of the Express train
- Agnes Bénassy-Quéré, Director of the CEPII (Center of Exploratory studies and International Information)
- Laurent Creton, professor at the university of Paris III and director of the Research institute on the cinema and audio-visual the
- Anne De Petrini, TV host
- Sophie Durrleman, Managing director of the Decorative Arts
- Florence de Finance, Director of the School of the leaders and company founders (EDC)
- Jean-Joel Gurviez, Capital editor of and Management within Prisma Presses
- Isabelle Jeuge-Maynart, chairman of Larousse
- Olivier Laouchez, ex-DG of the label of rap Secteur Ä, cofounder and President of Trace TV
- Catherine Lespine, Managing director of the Groupe INSEEC
- Laurent-Eric Lay, chair Eurosport International
- François Knows It, President of l´Est Eclair and SPQD
- Gilles Martin-Chauffier, journalist and novelist
- Jean-Luc Monjaret, chairman of the Newspapers of the West ( the Mail of the West, free Maine and Press-Ocean )
- Christine Musselin, Research director within the Center of Sociology of Organizations (IEP - CNRS)
- Marc Nicolas, Managing director of the Femis
- Tristan Nitot, President of association Mozilla Europe
- Arnaud Nourry, President of Hachette Livre
- Fabien Nury, scenario writer
- Etienne Prévost, Managing director of the Who' S Who in France
- Arnaud de Puyfontaine, chairman of Mondadori France
- Grégory Samak, executive vice president of the chain of information uninterrupted BFM TV
- Johannes Werle, editor of GEO, GEO Teenager, That interests me and National Geographic France within Prisma Presse
- Didier Cahen, Directeur of the life coed and professor of economy to the private Lycée Holy-Genevieve is the author of many books on E. Jabès.
- Jean Delahousse, Founder and chairman of Mondeca
- Corinne Delaporte, founder and president de Benchmark Group
- Philippe Demonchy, President-Founder of Selectour
- Philippe Gloaguen, Founder and DG of the Guide of routard
- François Lemarchand, President-Founder of Natural & Discovered
- Benoit Prot, cofounder of the newspaper the Student
- Marc Reeb, cofounder of Lokace, Caramail, Netcrawling, Viadeo, Agregator, TBXtrade…
- Antoine Riboud (1918-2002), creator of the group Danone
- Michel of Rovira and Augustin paluel-Marmont, founders of “Michel & Augustin” (cookies, ices and fruit juice)
- Edouard Salustro, founder of the cabinet of audit Salustro Reydel
- Alban Sauvanet, founder of Zurban , Synopsis and Ushuaia magazine
Associations, ONG, foundations, humanitarian and others
- Pierre Birambeau, cofounder of the Telethon in France
- Peter Brey, Vice-president of the Ground International federation of the men and Ground general secretary of the men - assistance to childhood
- Roger Cukierman, former president of CRIF
- Mgr Benoit Rivière, bishop of Autun
- Jean-Michel Severino, Managing director of the French Agency of development
High level sportsmen
- Vincent Anstett, Escrime ur world champion by team sabers of it 2006
- Anne-Dye stick Touya, world champion of fencing (saber individual in 2001 and 2005, by team in 2006) Escrime uses French
- Alban Préaubert, artistic skater, 8th with the championships of the world and 6th to the championships of Europe in 2006
- Roxana Maracineanu, former swimmer, gold medal in 200 backs with the championship of the world of 1998, money medal in 200 backs with the Olympic Games of 2000
- Stephan Diagana, champion world of athletics in 1997, president of the LNA
- Richard Scheer, haltérophile, 13 times champion of France, recordman of France between 1989 and 2001, Vice Champion of the European Union in 1999, finalist of the Olympic Games of Athens in 2004.
- Stephan Charon, old swimmer French
- Florent Reyre, champion of Europe of water skiing since 5 years, 3rd with the championships of the world junior.
The Parisian campus of ESCP-EAP is located near Insep, and a competition for A-grade officials was set up for the high level sportsmen who have the university level required to follow the lesson of the program university. They are some to make a success of this contest each year and to take down master ESCP-EAP. The academic requirements are the same ones as for the other pupils, but the rate/rhythm of their schooling is arranged to take account of the sporting drives.
European foundation ESCP-EAPIn June 2005, the European Fondation ESCP-EAP was created, on the initiative of the former students of ESCP-EAP, with an aim of allowing the international expansion of the School, of supporting the recruitment of the best professor-researchers on the five European campuses, the creation of additional purses to support the reception of the best candidates, the launching of new pulpits of teaching and the enlarging of the teaching infrastructures. In 2006 the foundation collected more than one million euros of gifts.
- Campus of Paris
- Campus of London
- Campus of Berlin
- Campus of Madrid
- Campus of Turin
- Junior Undertaken ESCP-EAP the Council
- Site of the former students (Paris)
- Site of the former students (Berlin)
- Site of the former students (London)
- Maddin' London, Office Of Raised (Campus of London) the
- Absolutely, association which connects the 5 campuses
- Vue air of the Campus of Paris
|Random links:||Ear of elephant | ALF (televised series) | Specchia | Sylvia Couchoud | Radio Vitamin | _soviétique_du_sous-marin_K-56|