The Douma ( Russian ГосударственнаяДума in ) is the name of the Lower House of the Parlement in Russia. For the Federation of Russia one speaks more precisely about Duma about State (Государственнаядума), to differentiate it regional Dumas or imperial Duma. The duma term, comes from the Russian word думать , which means, “to think”.
HistoryHistorically, the Duma was the advisory counsel of the large princes of the Russia kiévienne and the Tsar S of the imperial Russia.
The first Duma of State of the Russian Empire was convened on April 27th 1906 (May 10th in the Gregorian Calendrier) with the Palate of Tauride with Saint-Pétersbourg by the tsar Nicolas II. This Duma was founded following the events of 1905, and in particular of the red Sunday. This concession granted by the capacity makes of Russia a Constitutional monarchy but not member of Parliament, since the minister, named by the Tsar, does not depend on the Parliament.
225 deputies are elected with the Universal direct suffrage in districts and 225 are elected with the Suffrage proportional.
Presidents of the Duma of State
Legislative elections of 2003
- Date of the elections: December 7th 2003
- 450 seats to be provided: simple majority: 226 votes - qualified majority (2/3): 300 votes.
- Results from left to right:
- Russian Communist party : 51 seats (- 28)
- Rodina : (nationalists of left): 37 seats (+37)
- agrarian Group : 3 seats (- 40)
- plain Russia : (pro Vladimir Poutine): 221 seats and 37,1 % of the voices
- Left the people : (pro Vladimir Poutine): 16 seats
- LDPR : (nationalist) (chaired by Vladimir Jirinovski): 37 seats (+23)
- Independent : 67 seats (+41)
- Various : 18 seats
These elections mark the triumph of the president Vladimir Poutine who obtains with his allies the absolute majority at the Duma, and the clear support of the Russian public opinion. With his national line allies, president Putin has the means of reforming the Constitution.
The Communist party crumbles in spite of its activism and its influence is summarized at the former members of the communist Nomenklatura and with some nostalgic. The modification of the Russian political scene these last years resulted in the appearance of the nationalists of left.
- Political of Russia
- the Council of the Federation of Russia
Official site of the Duma
|Random links:||Breton democratic union | Kegelstatt trio | Torricella-tavern | Porrex Ier | Jalua | Parc_national_d'île_de_Moreton|