See also: Duck (homonymy)
Canard PC (“the magajine of the zeux videos”) is a Bimensuel appearing 1st and the 15 of each month devoted to the video games on PC like with the dependant material (video charts, joystick S, etc). The magazine is published by Presse Not-Stop ; a SAS held to 75% by the drafting (and the remainder by Materiel.net and Gandi S.A) and created specifically for Duck PC .
The drafting is made up former members of the monthly magazine Joystick who had decided to leave the magazine following the repurchase by the Future group (it was then held by Hachette Filipacchi Médias). It is this drafting which made the reputation of the magazine with a funny and incisive style. Contrary to certain competitors which are satisfied to recopy press kits, Canard PC has a style more sliced thanks to the experiment of its testers, in particular in their fields of predilection (FPS, STR, simulations, wargames, etc).
Canard PC had with the departure adopted a weekly format to be different from the other magazines of video games and to offer a topicality more reactive than monthly magazines compared to Internet. Since January 1st, 2007, the magazine is semi-monthly (appears it and the 15 of each month).
- Canard PC n°1 arrives in the kiosks French the November 26th 2003.
- the first out of the ordinary one of Duck PC , dedicated to the Hardware, leaves on February 1st 2004.
- Second out of the ordinary devoted to the " Video games gratuits" , left the May 26th 2005.
- Third out of the ordinary having for set of themes " The future of the play vidéo" , appeared the July 22nd 2005.
- Fourth out of the ordinary on the topic of the hardware, second version, covering the period of the months of December 2005 in January 2006.
- Duck PC N° 100 the 2/15/2006.
- Removal at the beginning of April 2006, the small pockets kraft of the subscribers are replaced by plastic.
- on April 28th, 2006 launching of a new site, canardplus.com, with a new forum.
- Fifth out of the ordinary on the topic of the trades of the video game, covering the period of August 2006 and July.
- Sixth out of the ordinary on the topic of the hardware, third version, covering the period of the months of December 2006 in January 2007.
- Seventh out of the ordinary devoted to Windows Vista (" Special Vista"), covering the period of the months of January 2007 in February 2007.
- ackboo (Editor association)
- Bob Arctor (Writer of news)
- Testicle/Emile Zoulou (Graphic designer)
- Didier Couly (Illustrator)
- El Gringo (Writer)
- Fishbone (Writer of the actu hardware and the news on the site)
- George Sands (Writer on the site)
- Half (Webmaster)
- Lord Black Casque (Directing of drafting)
- Omar Boulon (Writer)
- Piwo (Writer)
- Sonia (Correct)
- Threanor (Writer)
- Ivan Insane (Director of the publication) the
- Mr Potato (Tester)
- Captain Your Race (Writer-graph)
- Gana (Tester)
NewsCanard PC always starts with several pages of news. As at the time of Joystick , the news largely contributed to the reputation of the magazine. They in general relate to the computing world in its globality, with a preference for the video games of course, but one can find also there information strange. It always fresh (since the magazine is semi-monthly) and is strewn with humor. In top of each page, there is a sentence (a little deformed, some times) drawn from the topicality. Here and there, between two news, one can unearth the preview of a play, always accompanied by sound screenshot, or even a drawing of Didier Couly, illustrating either a text, or a little story.
Paper CultureHere, it is the corner intello. That speaks about books, discs, films, food, lumbagos or about televised series. Nothing to see with data processing, therefore. It is also the preferred heading of Sonia, of the fans of Sonia, the correct one, and of the readers of Inrocks who would have bought a good magazine by error.
TestsThe first raison d'être of Duck PC . The plays are noted on a scale from 0 to 10 and it framed there to underline certain points (technical or not) of the play.
To comeIt is either of the beta-test, or of the detailed previews of plays to come.
DownloadHeading intended to present some utilities, patch and demonstrations of plays. On the left side, the selection of best the softwares. The possibility is offered to use the waiters ultra rapid of Metaboli to download free all the contents of the Section Download (software, demonstrations…).
Topicality HardwareAs the name indicates it, it is about news on the computer material.
Configs de CanardThree selections of computer material for those which want to invest in a new PC: line entry, better quality ratio/price, and signal of technology. The heading proposed at the beginning only 2 configs, before passing to 3 following the request of the readers. One can also find on this page the answer to a current question about the field of the hardware, or the enigma of the month of Paramjit Master.
Peinard duckThe mythical grid of Master Paul Bottom (cross Words), contents (approximate) of Duck PC of the following week, and finally the bear (with at least a joke inside).
The siteAnswering in the name of Canardplus.com the site of the magazine is a site with news in the world of the video game. But one finds there also a forum. The mechanic of the site calls Willmann, already present for the old site of Joystick.
The news are frequent there and one finds there the removed from rim spirit of the writers of CPC. Contrary to the magazine, the site also speaks about console.
- the brother of Ivan the Insane one is not other than Laurent Gaudé, Prix Goncourt 2004 with the Sun of Scorta . On this occasion the magazine made during all the number according to a gag repeated , promoting as often as possible the book (until in the Configs de Canard , insert dedicated to the configurations advised with the purchase of a computer).
- Whereas the majority of the magazines are démènent to offer a Bonus (CD or DVD), this weekly magazine made the bet provide only paper, for economic reasons. Since number 57, left on Wednesday, February 16, 2005, a partnership with Metaboli makes it possible to download a selection of files gathered for the readers.
- Although the magazine has " Duck " in its title, the mascot is a rabbit. This last is drawn by Didier Couly which carried out also the BD' S in Joystick before following the remainder of the drafting in the adventure Canard PC.
- the Réactivité of the magazine goes until in the drawings: the rabbit and its slogan are a suggestion of a reader.
- During some numbers the first year Canard PC provided to its readers receipts of Cuisine, they are of return in the semi-monthly version.
- humor is very present in Canard PC, one quickly sees it with the drafting of the articles and the cartoons, but that goes further. Indeed on the cover right in lower part of the title (on the right) one can read a sentence often very funny. Moreover at the end of the magazine in the insert which is used for the legal mentions one finds all in bottom a sentence also twisting. Finally the legal mention in lower part of the Config' de Canard is unceasingly modified.
- List of magazines of video games
- Canardplus.com Official site, with the new forum.
- Site of Madll Site of fan containing an Excel index of the tests, answers of the cross words like some no-claims bonus.
- Site of Niklaos Site of fan who gathers the best BD' S of Mr. Couly in Canard PC and Joystick (random MAJ).
|Random links:||1876 in sport | Islands of Prince de Monaco | Explodingdog | TAFIC FC | County of Rong (Sichuan) | Tripoli,_Iowa|