Dropkick Murphys is a group of punk folk.
HistoryDropkick Murphys (group of punk folk) was formed in 1996 with Boston (the United States). At its beginnings, the group was composed of Ken Casey with low, Mike Mc Colgan with the song and Rick Barton with the guitar. After multiple research, the trio finds its beater, Matt Kelly , in 1997.
En 1998, the group signs a contract with the recording company Hellcat Records and leaves its first album Do gold Die . A little later in 1999, Mc Colgan , the singer, leaves the group and leaves its place to Al Barr , former member of the group The Bruisers. Then it is the turn of Rick Barton , with the guitar, to leave the group by leaving its successor to the guitar: James Lynch of the Ducky Servant boys. In the passing, the group recruits a second guitarist: Marc Orrell called the kid because of its young age (it joined the group at 17 years). The Dropkick Murphys call also upon a player of bagpipe Robbie " Spicy Mc Haggis" Meideros and with Ryan Foltz with the mandoline and the chock whistle. Spicy leaves the group to marry, after the third album. It will leave its trace in the album with a song of good-bye The Spicy Mc Haggis Jig . It will be replaced by Josh " Scruffy" Wallace .
The Dropkick Murphys are also of enthusiasts supporters Red Sox, the team of baseball of Boston.
Their last album The Warrior' S Code contains a resumption of Tessie the anthem of the fans of this team. This piece also appears in the band of the film Area of agreement with Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon.
Moreover, one instrumental version of their title Shipping up to Boston (always in the album The Warrior' S Codes ) is in the band announces film of Martin Scorcese : The Departed ( Infiltrated the French ).
They are the authors of a resumption of the song The Fields off Athenry, reporting the history of a prisoner during the Grande famine in Ireland.
- 1997 : C gold Die (Hellcat Records)
- 1999: The Gang' S All Young stag (Hellcat Records)
- 2000: Individual Collection Volume 1 - 1996-1997 (Hellcat Records)
- 2000: Sing Loud, Sing Proud (Hellcat Records)
- 2002: Live one St Patrick' S Day (Hellcat Records)
- 2003: Blackout (Hellcat Records)
- 2004: One The Road With The Dropkick Murphys DVD (Hellcat Records)
- 2005: The Warrior' S Codes (Hellcat Records)
- 2005: Individual Collection Volume 2 - 1998-2004 (Hellcat Records)
- 2007: The Meanest Off Times (Born And Bred)
- Al Barr: Song
- Orell Mark: Guitar
- James Lynch: Guitar
- Ken Casey: low Guitar and Song
- Tim Brennan: Mandoline, acoustic Guitar, Accordion and Flute
- Scruffy Wallace: Bagpipe
- Matt Kelly: Battery
- Flogging Molly (similar group)
- Official site
- Biography and chronicles of the albums on punkfiction.com
|Random links:||Hannibal Hamlin | Velesmes-Essarts | Mythical account in ancient Egypt | Yıldız | Han Andi | Pour_toujours_jeunes_(album)|