See also: Dreamland
Dreamland is a Manga French (also called Manfra ) creates by Reno Lemaire, a young person Montpellier Ain. It is the third " Manfra " French published by Pika after Dys and Pop Loft . The history proceeds in the town of Reno, Montpellier. True places of Montpellier there are found as the Place of the Comedy or the College of Mas de Tesse (now famous Jules Guesde, in reality as in the manga)…
SummaryTerrence, a 18 year old teenager, is pupil into final STT with the college of Mas de Tesse (Jules Guesde). His/her mother died in a fire whereas it was old only 7 years and since, it has a panic fear of fire. But one evening, whereas he dreams of his mother captive of flames, it overcomes its fear by controlling fire. It then meets a mysterious man who announces to him that it became a traveller. And it is as from this moment that every evening, at the time of its sleep, it is found transported in Dreamland the world of the dreams or it made its many adventures there.
AuthorReno is 26 years old and lives in Montpellier. Although wanting to draw data base since its more young age, he discovers the manga tardily. But with a great happiness: graphics, dynamics, the format and cutting wake up its interest. As a reader of Shônen Collection, he proposes his project with Pika Edition in 2004, and is prépublié in 2005. Reno takes as a starting point various influences, in turn the designs of the Capcom plays, the American comics and certain Franco-Belgian authors. Dreamland is its first title with being published.
- Volume 1 : " Fire! " , left in January 2006.
- Volume 2 : " Dualité" , left in September 2006.
- Volume 3 : " Way (S) " , left in May 2007.
- Volume 4 : " Côma" , left on November 14th 2007
Universe of DreamlandTo join somebody in Dreamland, one must think of this person while falling asleep. Everyone goes to dreamland, unconsciously. As a combatant his fear, one becomes a traveller and one becomes aware of Dreamland. This statute gives the right to travel in the dreams of normal people, the dreamers. It happens that certain dreamers become aware of the existence of a world parallel but they do not obtain capacities.
- Dreamer: nobody not being aware of the existence of Dreamland
- Traveller: dreamer which overcame his fear, and which thus became aware of the existence of Dreamland. A traveller has, in Dreamland, a capacity related to his old fear.
- Lords nightmares: lords of DreamLand. They live uninterrupted in Dreamland. One counts at least 4 of them to date.
- inhabitants of the dreams: they are the inhabitants of Dreamland. They are peaceful and their aspects change according to the places or they live.
Chart of Dreamland
Already visited places
- Champiland : Kingdom of mushrooms, majority among proving hallucinogens (appears in Volume 3).
- Kingdom of the Doubts : The kingdom of the doubts is a vast plain made up of various rocks on lequelles are registered our questions and our doubts, governs by a strange character having a question mark on the head (appears in Volume 1)
- Royaume of Fire : Governs by Asmodéhus, lord nightmare of fire, the kingdom evokes a whole of plusieus rock peaks (appears in Volume 1).
- Kingdom of the plains : As its name indicates it, it is a kingdom only composed of plains. A destination of choice for the dreamers (appears in Tome 1)
- Royaume of the narcissistic fields : Kingdom whose principal population is limited to arrogant slugs (appears in Volume 1).
- Kingdom of Fantasia : One knows some for the moment that the plain of the Knights (appears in Volume 1).
- Obscure Kingdom : The Obscur kingdom is largest and most dangerous of the kingdoms of Dreamland. The fear of the black, the Nyctophobie, is the most widespread phobia on planet. Each night, of the million dreamers find themselves in this terrible place, divided into 11 temples, each one of them, being directed by a duke and representing one hour different from the night. According to the hour to which one falls asleep, one thus finds oneself in a particular temple… The most dangerous hour, the moment when the night is blackest, it is 1:00. This hour indeed, is related to the temple of the lord of the lords. More one distant from this hour minus the dukes are powerful.
- Kingdom of the Eternal Ices : The kingdom of Previce, lord nightmare of the ices. The kingdom is a gigantic tower in top of which fleet some rocks of satellite ices (appears in Volume 2 & 3).
- Palate of the Masters fish : The palate of the Masters fish is the place or live large fish of invocations. It is here that the fish maker comes to make a pact with the latter. The palate consists of 3000 stages. Each stage counts five doors behind which the Masters fish live. The more one goes down, the more powerful the Master fish is and the more difficult it is to make a pact with him (appears in Volume 3).
- Valley of the rival mountains : Valley made up of small mountains facing and narguant themselves between them (appears in Volume 1).
- Village Puzzle : a village entirely composed in parts of puzzle, of which some very often change place (appears in Volume 2).
- cold Ground : The entry of the Kingdom of the Eternal Ices. It is kept by very powerful Titans of ice (appears in Volume 2).
- Flat old : Prehistoric plains. Dinosaurs often make their appearance here (appears in Volume 3).
- the tower of arts : Also named like Art Tower. One knows little of it about this lathe, except on the 7th floor, the travellers come to pose (naked) for the dreamers amateurs of drawing (appears in Volume 1 & 3).
- Peak of the Directions : Entered of the Kingdom of the Wind, this place is crossed by many strong winds (appears in Volume 1).
- the theater embulant : It is a gigantic theater multiplexing governs by imps. Animations are in general to ridicule a character of the public or scene that he is traveller or not (appears in Volume 3).
- Circus Attractions : A gigantic amusement park very coveted by the dreamers. Baloon Town is one of its districts (appears in Volume 2).
- Delirium City : The kingdom of anything… The town of Dreamland or the irrational one is even more irrational. The city is divided into 4 parts:
- the western part : District of strong alcohols which accommodates the ultra-stuffed guys, the most crashed to pieces dreamers are here.
- the part is : District of the bad alcohol which accommodates turned sour and the grousers of any hair who fell asleep stuffed well and very opposed.
- the southern part : District of the merry alcohol which accommodates the completely stuffed dreamers fermenting of a quite quiet sleep.
Every hour, the buildings change place (appears in Volume 2 & 3).
- Subway 1 : The subway is one of the means of transport of Dreamland with Flytaxi. It serves the big cities and sails between the various zones. The nickname of this subway is the " provision machine" because it is often attacked by powerful monsters. The passengers know it very well and from go away generally starting from the 2nd stop (appears in Volume 3).
Relouland, tops of management.
- Alcohall, field of beer has cloud of Marco the penguin.
- Ploufplouf, sweetened sea.
- Country of the strong men, valley of the missed statues.
- Cocolint, region of the giants.
- Gravity off coils, peak of midnight.
- Field of the illusion monger.
- Crazy sun, small beach of the kingdom of fire.
- the vialette, country of freedom.
- Valkirie Land, port of the obligatory helmet.
- Oniria, the last limps with the mode of Dreamland.
- Country of the cousin with Tolo.
- magic clouds.
- Infinity cloud.
- Flytaxi enterprise.
Terrence Meyer : In the real life, Terrence is a 18 year old high-school pupil, in Term STG, a little too head in the air and lazy. Since the fire which killed his/her mother, he saw with his father and his brother Ben, a little too stressed by his VAT, and in the same class that him. He likes the movies, the video games, Fast Food, but especially Lydia which he regards as the girl of his life. He hates the compta', the sport and work in general. In Dreamland, Terrence became aware of this rève by the memory of the fire in which his/her mother has perishes. Not only, he became a traveller but he became the 4th controller of the fire, which Asmodéhus research. Being initial, its control of fire is not very large and its detonator is thus limps it of allumetes that the Old Man will give him. Its old objective was to protect the dreamers from any nightmarish demonstration (a cat nightmare for example), but since a consent of Ben, it is in the search of Edenia, a kingdom which would seem to be with the periphery of Dreamland and or would rest the heart of the late ones, with an aim of returning in liaison with his/her mother. Sabba, Savanna and Eve accompany it and one can note that has they 4, they form the word T.E.S.S. which is not without pointing out the old name of the college of Terrence.
- the old man : It is about the first anybody whom Terrence met, during its awakening Dreamland has. One knows almost nothing of this old man, except that it seems that formerly it was about a large known traveller of all and that he always carries a cross and a pipe which never leaves it. He wanted to join together Shun and Terrence with an aim of forming a powerful alliance, but the objectives of the two travellers were very different. Since, it reappears of time to others to give some invaluable information on Dreamland to Terrence and its companions. It is him also which will offer limps it of matches with Terrence. It seems finally that he is in the capacity to join Edenia.
- Extha : In the real life, Extha is a simple bank clerk 26 year old. By its Achmophobie, he became a Master of the points. Thus it can cover its body with points or in launching. Its main aim is to recover the Key of the Dreams, recently localized of the Kingdom of the doubts.
- Shun : Studying out of FAC of Science in Montreal, Shun is a controller of ice " pure" talented. Its arrival in the Kingdom of the Ices and its statute of lover of the princess Prévice (lord nightmare), will rendera it still more powerful, by offering an arm of ice to him whose power seems very strong. Its future is predicted with a great implication in a future war which will make of him a hero. He is the principal rival of Zero.
- Savanna : 19 years Zonard, Savane is a dredger without equal. Its principal occupation in the real life are as it calls them, the " chouquettes" , always with the mounting of a phone number. It has also a little sister, Fontaine. In Dreamland, by its Ichtyophobie, he became a fish maker, one of the rare capacities to be had only by one traveller at the same time. Its invocations are:
- Fox : Of the family of the sharks, more precisely of the dogfish, its aerodynamic form makes a fish speed of it. Fox is true a skate for savanna.
- Kanine : Badly raised Piranha and tétu, Kanine is a fish of attack, it sinks without reflecting and devours all on its passage. Very noisy, it is used more to make diversion for Savane.
- Moustik : Poisson whose form evokes that of a shark saws, it places himself directly under the skin of the arm of Savanna in order to be used to him as saber.
- Moby Dick : Gigantic whale devastator, Moby Dick is a powerful invocation that Savane uses only as a last resort. It would seem that Savane has also another invocation, but ever used until now…
- Neil : Professor of 32 years philosophy to the college of Terrence, Neil likes to read, the motor bike and the philosophers. In Dreamland, he is the controller of fire n°3 having in possession the ring of fire, one of the 4 detonators. It is him which will be sent by Asmodehus to find the controller of fire n°4 without knowing that it is about his Terrence pupil. Although it has an impressive power, Neil does not like to fight for the pleasure.
- Felix : Felix is 21 years a very famous pianist. Its Mettalophobie gives thus him money the claw, a kind of hand metal to the sharp-edged points. But since his meeting with Lord Magoss, one adds also the capacities to him of the cats nightmares. Its larger enemy remains still Savane.
- Jimmy : In the real life, Jimmy is a 39 year old truck-driver. In Dreamland, it is a large warrior, who has the statute of man lion and the capacity of the 9 tails. Thus has each time it is killed, it pushes a new tail to him. It will cease being immortal, the day or it will have its 9 tails. Formerly with the pay of Lord Magoss, it is by seeing Terrence resisting its influence that he will rebel and kill Lord Magoss. It is supposed that he became thus lord of the cats nightmare unless the station did not return to a hierarchical subordinate.
- Ziggy : Duke, guard of the temple of the 10:00, Ziggy has an impressive dark capacity. To arrive at this stage, it has to separate from its two arms. It seems to fear Toro Picana for personal reasons….
- Toro Picana : Very eccentric and whimsical character, Toro Picana is a traveller surrounded by mysteries. Nobody knows who it is really, of or it comes, its motivations, and even its capacity. It is known old generation of Dreamland to have carried out an exploit which no traveller will be able to perpetuate and is same fears of the lord of Darkness. All leaves think, that Toro Picana in the real life, would live in a boarding school psychatric.
- Riba : Riba seems to be a controller of ice which lives in the kingdom of Prévice. A thing is sour, it does not have its language in its pocket and always finds the witty remark to cause.
- Zero : Very enigmatic controller of ice, Zero is raised of a strange mask. He seems to have been a lover of Prévice and sees in Shun, a dangerous rival.
- Sabba : Sabba is student in 2nd year of FAC of visual arts. Well which often arrives to him some mess tins, Sabba has a chance with any test what always avoids the worst to him. In Dreamland, it is a single case: it did not need a fear to become traveller, with the result that it does not have any capacity. Nevertheless, it runs at a fulgurating speed and has one of the most coveted objects of Dreamland: the brush of the destiny! Although he is traveller, he does not like Dreamland, which is also single in a certain direction.
- Sealvia : Sealvia is a 19 year old young man being into Final in the same college as Terrence. Although with the first glance, it appears pretentious, arrogant extrèmement and scorning, behind this character actually hides, a child traumatized by the suicide of his/her father and of his/her brother who tenterent to take it along with them in their fall. Since, its Acrophobie enabled him to become a controller of the Wind. It gave up becoming a controller of the Lord of the Wind and formed its own group with Rain and Miss Fukmi.
- Rain : Rain is a member of the group of Sealvia. It has the capacity to control the snakes.
- Miss Fukmi : Miss Fukmi is the third member of the group of Sealvia. She seems to have an arm which can grow at will. Its name often lends to laughing because of consonance with the English slang " Fuck me".
- Eve Bright : In the real life, Eve is the best friend of Lydia, but also a plague with the eyes of Terrence. It is however the latter, which will give him the means of becoming voyageuse with the theater multiplexing. Thus, it has clothing which speaks, a capacity whose utility remains doubtful. One knows of Eve whom it did not always have the physique of rève that it A. Autrefois, it was indifferent has everyone by her overweight, its dental apparatus and its acne. It is through products cosmetic, of modes and sport which it arrived at being considered with the eyes of all. Now it belongs to the band with Terrence.
- Isaak : Rather old traveller, Isaak is in company of another mysterious traveller and a woman, Celeste. One knows little of it about him except it seems to have a " quète".
- Celestial : Voyageuse which seems to have a bond with Isaak.
- Epony : The controller of fire n°2. It will be only evoked in Volume 3.
The lords nightmares
Prévice : Princess of the ices, Prévice has a figure impressive and likes to use her controllers like lover. In the future Great War, it will be combined with the kingdom of Fire.
- Asmodéhus : Lord nightmare of fire, his subjects are 4. It is him which will charge Neil with leaving to research with the 4th controller, being afraid which it can appear like a weakness with the eyes of the other lords.
- Lord Magoss : Former lord of the cat nightmares, Lord Magoss pouvoit of a blow of poisoned claw, to hold in its control any traveller. He was killed by Jimmy.
In the real life
- Dreamland Universe the Pioneer, considered as the official site, direct information since the author and Montpellier.
Pika Edition Site of the publisher Pika, at which Dreamland is published. (French creations Page)