Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball Z ( ドラゴンボール Z - doragon bōru zetto ) is a Televised series of Japanese animation of 291 25 minutes episodes (French Version: 20 minutes). Continuation of Dragon Ball adapted manga of the same name , produced by the Studio Toei.
Dragon Ball Z takes again five years after the marriage of Its Gokû (with the 17th Tome of the manga, a terror without precedent ). Raditz, a mysterious warrior of space, arrives on Ground to find Gokû, which learns whereas it comes from a planet of warriors of which there remain nothing any more but four survivors.
The screen of the history rests on a succession of adversaries to fight, more and more forts, but there is also frequently a context of search or voyage which gives an interest other than the simple duels.
- Brigitte Lecordier: Its Gohan child, His Goten child, Trunks child, Videl, C-18, Kaiô Shin
- Marc To injure: adult Trunks, Its adult Gohan, Buïbuï
- Celine Monsarrat: Fuss, Bulma, Chaozu
- Claude Chantal: Krilin, Dendé child, Trunks child (1st voice)
- Eric Legrand: Yamcha, Vegetated, King Végéta, Kiwi, Garlic Junior, Arbitre of Tenka Ichi Budôkai, adult Dendé
- Philippe Ariotti: Piccolo, Ten Shin Han, Oolon, Yajirobé, Freezer, Babidi
- Pierre Trabaud: Kame Sennin, Main Kaiô, Dodoria, Ridged, C-19, Kibito, Rou Dai Kaiô Shin, Piccolo (voice of replacement)
- Georges Lycan: the narrator, Gyûmaô, Mr Brief, Ten Shin Han, Reacum, Ginyû, King Cold, Doctor Gero, Concealment, Spopovitch, Yakon, Piccolo (voice of replacement)
- Thierry Bumblebee: C-17
- Frederic Bouraly: Mr. Satan, Paikuhan, Dabra, Vegetated (voice of replacement), Trunks (voice of replacement)
- David Lesser: Its adolescent Goten, Oob
- Thierry Redler: Its Gokû (until episode 10)
- Gerard Surugue: Raditz
- George Atlas: the narrator (first episodes), Ten Shin Han (first episodes), Nappa
- Virginia Ogouz: Marlene
- Woolly Francine: Krilin (voice of replacement)
- Alain Flick: Its Gokû (voice of replacement)
- Stéphanie Murat: Fuss, Bulma (voice of replacement)
- Jackie Shepherd: Its Gohan child (voice of replacement)
- Russet-red Annabelle: Its Goten child, Videl (voice of replacement)
- William Coryn: Vegetated (voice of replacement), Trunks (voice of replacement)
- Antoine Nouel: C-17 (voice of replacement)
Realizer: Daisuke Nishio, Shigeyasu Yamauchi
- Scenario: Takao Koyama
- Author of the manga: Akira Toriyama
- Character Designer: Minoru Maeda, Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru
- Decorations: Ken Tokushige
- Music: Shunsuke Kikuchi under the direction of Minoru Okazaki
- Generic Japanese: Kageyama Hironobu (" Chala head chala" and " Detekoi tobikiri Zenkai Power").
- Production: Toei Animation
See also: Dragon Ball Z: list episodes
See also: Characters of Dragon Ball
Forces of combat
See also: Force of combat (Dragon Ball)
Comparisons between animates and the manga
The universe and the spirit of Akira Toriyama are respected most of the time. However, whereas in the manga, the progression of the history is rather fast, it is much slower in Dragon Ball Z . In particular at the time of the engagements, the rate/rhythm is slowed down considerably, in order to preserve to it suspension at the end of each episode which lasts a score of minutes.
As the history advances, the scenario tends to be erased in front of the increasingly long combat. Consequently, the episodes are intersected more and more.
Certain episode are extrapolated starting from a page of the Manga (sometimes less) and put some time in scene of the situations which are not even mentioned there. For example:
Its Gokû and Piccolo learn how to lead, at the request of Chichi (episode 125);
- the search of the Dragon Balls, episode 174 (little before the Concealment range);
- Its Gokû takes part in a Tenka Ichi Budôkai with the paradise (episodes 195 to 199).
- episodes 108 to 117 utilize Garlic Junior, character resulting from first film of Dragon Ball Z . This part does not appear at all in the manga.
InconsistencyIn the saga Freezer, Dendé requires of Porunga ressuciter all the victims of Freezer, the sayans, which are victims do not have ressucities. In fact, in the original version, it is indicated that only the victims died since less than one year can be ressuscitées, therefore the sayans killed during the explosion of the Végéta planet are not ressuscities. The occult French version this detail… Detail which is preserved in the box " season three" of Dragon Ball Z published in North America by Funimation, that it in english language version that in Japanese version under is titrated English.
Criticisms of Dragon Ball Z
Because of violence present in many episodes (however mainly censured in the French version), DBZ is one of the principal references used by the detractors of the mangas. The main reason being which it was diffused by the Club Dorothée with a public perhaps too young considering the violence of the engagements.
At all events, DBZ was one of the pillars of the popularization of the mangas and of animate in France, founding an negative image at the ones (systematic assimilation of the mangas to violence) and positive at the others (the manga corresponds to a kind of dynamism). Thereafter, the publication of the manga Dragon Ball at Glénat was also a great success (more 15 million specimen sold in France) and coincided with a surge of the manga in France.
The French version
The French doubling of Dragon Ball Z suffered from several problems: a team of actors restricted to double all the characters of the series, with sometimes certain characters doubled by other actors from one episode to another.
The French version also was much censured, with cuts of the image, but also of the edulcorated dialogs. The text suffers from several approximations, sometimes of mistranslations.
Since the arrival of the series in France in 1990, AB, owner group of the rights, placed at the disposal of the public only the censured French version, as much during the diffusions televised that for the editions of the series in video (put aside for edition DVD in 2001 of fourth film of Dragon Ball, the army of the Red Ribbon , at another distributer, AK Video). The situation was the same one for all the Japanese animated series of which AB had acquired the rights.
As from 2007, the first 3 films of Dragon Ball , the first 6 films and the first telefilm of Dragon Ball Z are available in DVD, with the French version, and the subtitled Japanese original version, without censure.
|Random links:||Penitence | Soyuz 40 | Beauvilliers (Eure-et-Loir) | Amir Abbas Hoveida | Trophy Frank Mathers | Talmud|