Doussard is a Commune Frenchwoman, located in the department of the Haute-Savoie and the area the Rhone-Alps. The commune belongs to the Communauté of communes of the Country of Faverges. Its inhabitants are the Doussardiennes and the Doussardiens , or the Bobans in patois.
GeographyThe commune of Doussard is located at the south-western end of the Lac of Annecy, at an altitude of 460 Mr. It is crossed by the dead Eau and the Ire two rivers which are thrown in the Lac of Annecy.
The village of Doussard gathers the Hameaux : Doussard-center, Arnand, Brédannaz, Chaparon, Glière, Marceau, Verthier, Sollier.
- Road : By the RN 508 (Annecy-Faverges), then RD 181.
- SNCF railway station with Annecy and Albertville.
- Road transport of voyageurs' : Daily service of bus.
- Aerodrome in Annecy-Meythet.
- Airports in Lyon and Geneva.
Presence of at least two Roman villas:
- the villa Dulciatis , mentioned in the royal diploma of Lothaire II of Lotharingie gone back to 868. In 1016, it was given to the Abbaye of Talloires.
- the villa Vetri in Verthier ( Vertiacum ).
At the time of the Burgondes, the village moved marshy zone where one can see still today the Tower of Beauvivier towards the current site of Macherine.
Etymology : Name of a villa founded by Dulcius (Dulziadum) in IXe century, successively called Dulsaz , Doucsa , Dussard , Doussar .
Places and monuments
- medieval Tower of Beauvivier 13th century, mentioned as of 1239.
- Saint-Maurice Church, in Doussard 19th century
- strong House Blain, classified, of the 15th century, on Verthier
- classified medieval Bridge on which Monseigneur de Nemours perceived a toll, in Verthier
- Chapelle of Notre Dame of the Nativity, in Verthier. She was visited by Saint Rulph, Saint Jorioz and Saint François-of-Dirty. Ruined after the French revolution and falling in ruins, it was rebuilt in 1862. Satue of Midsummer's Day (XVe, classified), statue of the virgin (XIXe, classified) carved by Pedrini, cross with the cast iron grass snakes (1832, classified). The first ripe bunch of the vines of the commune was deposited in the hand of the statue of the virgin and there remained all the year.
Personalities related to the commune
Administration and public services
|- | align=right| March 2001 || Jean-Claude Deronzier || S.E.old
Education : Crêche, two nursery schools and primary education (Doussard and Chaparon)
Health : Pharmacy, nurses, general doctors, kinesitherapist, dentist, osteopath, speech therapist
TourismTourist commune because of its geographical location (Lake Annecy, mountains), it proposes many activities of leisures. The commune is also adherent with the Regional natural park of the Wallows.
The Natural reserve of the End of the Annecy Lake is located on the commune, in edge of the lake. 84ha of wetlands (marsh) dedicated to the nature in which the rivers of Anger and Dead Water run out. The reserve is a place of observation of the beaver. " can; visiter" also remainders of the medieval Tower of Beauvivier.
The commune is a place of stay proposing of many camp-sites and hotels.
Sports and leisures
- Water sport -
Coasting flight -
Official landing: Versatile room at the entry of the village.
Orientation: NR, S - Coordinates GPS: 45°47' 08" NR - 06°13' 53" E - Altitude: 460m.
Surface reserved for the kite (Kite).
Observations: Restriction a few days in the year for festivals locales.
Clubs and associations
- Common of Haute-Savoie
- Official site of the commune of Doussard
- Doussard on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Communes closest to Doussard
- Localization of Doussard
- Doussard belongs to the Community of Commune of the Countries of Faverges
- Site on Doussard and its surroundings
- Official site of the Club of Diving of Doussard
|Random links:||Nancy Allen | Gravity with the lack | Matamoras (Pennsylvania) | Kenneth Tigar | Short therapy | Les_Brown_(bandleader)|