This page relates to the year 800 Calendrier Julien.
- the population of the Ground rises to some 224 million men.
- November 23rd: Charlemagne returns to Rome to supplement the examination of the crimes whose Pope Leon III is marked.
- February 1st: It is Charlemagne itself which chairs the assembly of the council joined together in the basilica of the Vatican, setting up as a judge of the Pape.
- December 23rd: Leon III, at the request of Charlemagne, pronounces an oath purgatory, swearing that it has “ neither perpetrated, nor ordered the criminal things and scélérates that one reproaches him ”. The Western Empire is restored by the council.
- December 25th : Crowning of Charlemagne, emperor of Occident : Charlemagne, king of the Francs, is crowned emperor of Occident in the Basilique Saint-Pierre of Rome, by the Pope Leon III, then acclaimed by crowd. The Pope kneels in front of the new emperor.
- According to its biographer Eginhard, Charlemagne leaves furious this ceremony: by initially crowning Charlemagne before the acclamations, Leon III affirms that all to be able comes from God, by his intermediary, and not of the people.
- Charles, oldest son of Charlemagne, is crowned the same king day of Neustrie.
- Charlemagne remains with Rome until Easter 801, clearly affirming its sovereignty on the Eternal City.
In Ifriqya (Tunisia), Ibrahim ibn Al-Aghlab, emir of Kairouan (800-812), founds the dynasty of the Aghlabides (fine in 909). It depends on Baghdad with which it pays a yearly rental. As he is wary of the Arab troops, Al-Aghlab constitutes a personal guard black slaves.
- the Empire of Kanem-Bornou is founded about this time in Western Africa, in the area of the Lac Chad.
- the Maya center of Palenque begins its decline in the current Mexico.
The close East & Arab World
- Embassy of the caliph Harun Al-Rachid with Aachen.
- In India, reign of Nagabhata, king Pratihara of Avanti (fine in 840). It concluded from alliances with the kings of the Andhra, the Sind, the Vidarbha (Berar) and of the Kalinga to contain the Rastrakuta in the south and the Arabs of the Sind in the West.
- With Java, one builds the temple of Borobudur.
- the empire Shrîvijaya control the Strait of Malacca.
- the Shatuo are established as federated by the China in the north of the Ordos.
- Of the colonists Ouïghours will found colonies in the oases of the Tarim (Serinde, Karachar, Bechbalik, Tourfan).
- Eras Kōnin and Jōgan with the Japan (800 - 892)
Births in 800
Death in 800
- Constantin VI, Byzantine Emperor.
- Died of the eunuque Byzantine Staurakios.
- Sigfred (Sigifred), Danish king.
Map-bms: 800 Simple: 800
|Random links:||1973 en literatura | Concentration camp of Theresienstadt | Malad City | Trachemys | In My Time off Dying | Bcl-2-associated X protein|