Its inhabitants is called Picosés. This gentilé is divided with the neighbors of Vecoux who bear the name of “Picosés savages”.
GeographyThe commune occupies the valley of the the Moselle and the Moselotte upstream of their junction. The habitat is dispersed there, with several hamlets, Pont , Franould , Poirie …
HistoryThe village draws its name from the church which was originally dedicated to Saint Martin. According to the oral tradition, when the food shortages starved the country before the Revolution, the inhabitants of Dommartin, reduced to nourish grass crossed the Moselle to go to gather sorrel in the valley of Those. Thus would be explained the etymology of gentilé Picosé (spade-sorrel).
- Pond of the Double sack.
- Rocks of Mortevieille.
- Fair with the pigs feet each last Sunday of August.
AdministrationResigner in 2005, the mayor Jacques Relange was compensated by the assistant Marcel Michel in waiting of elections. Its successor, Rene Poirson, project to make leave the locality the Communauté of communes of the Door of the High-Vosges. However, to date, Dommartin always forms part of this structure.
Personalities related to the commune
- Mathieu Abel, local historian, author of many works on Dommartin, Remiremont and the Saint-Mount.
- Christophe All Saints' day, violin maker, specialist in the virginal of the Vosges
Site on the organ of the area: Page on the organ of Dommartin them - Remiremont
- Dommartin-lès-Remiremont on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Dommartin-lès-Remiremont on the site of INSEE
- Dommartin-lès-Remiremont on the site of Quid
- Localization of Dommartin-lès-Remiremont on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Dommartin-lès-Remiremont on Mapquest
|Random links:||Sternini | Maritime geographical information system | International college of Pontonniers | Penedono | Valmet KvKK 62 | Banlieue_noire_de_Ryan,_Pennsylvanie|