GeographyThe city is located in a plain saltworks (Saulnois) at the South-east of Metz. It is the most populated commune Arrondissement Castle-Saline.
In 1963 the 13th regiment of dragons parachutists settles in Dieuze.
Places and monuments
- Royal saltworks
Personalities related to the commune
Musculus (Wolfgang): reforming theologist born in Dieuze in 1497.
- François of Lorraine (1599-1672), old bishop of Verdun, died in Dieuze in 1672.
- Louis-Gabriel To gum: inventor of the mortar S To gum it , appointed of the constituent Assembly of 1789; deceased in Dieuze on August 1st 1798.
- Charles Louis de Ficquelmont, minister-president of the Empire of Austria, born in Dieuze in 1777.
- Charles Hermite: mathematician born in Dieuze in 1822.
- Edmond Butt: writer born in Dieuze in 1828.
- Arthur Arnould : writer, member of the Common of Paris (1871), born in Dieuze in 1833.
- Gustave Carpenter: type-setter born in Dieuze in 1860.
- Emile Friant: painter born in Dieuze in 1863.
|Random links:||Mounts Gilds | Country house-of-Besplas | Ley y gobierno de Missouri | Dangerous Pity | Pihi | Logres | Le_vautour_de_Rüppell|