Deposit and consignment office
The Deposit and consignment office ( CDC ) is a public financial institution French created in 1816. Placed under the direct control of the Parliament, she carries on activities of General interest on behalf of the State and of the territorial collectivities, but she has also competing activities.
Its currency: “PUBLIC FAITH” - the CDC celebrated its 190 years the November 8th 2006 in the presence of the president of the Republic, Jacques Chirac, and of her managing director Francis Mayer (1950-2006). It records at the same time a record result during the first six-month period 2006.
The Deposit and consignment office was created by the finance law for 1816 of the April 28th 1816 to take part, after the financial disorders of the Empire, with the re-establishment of confidence in public finances.
Statute and organization
The Deposit and consignment office is a Moral person of public Droit Sui generis . She is placed under the control of a commission of monitoring which includes/understands members of Parliament, Council of State, Court of Auditors, Banque de France, Chamber of commerce and of industry of Paris and managing director of the Treasury and the Economic policy.
The administration of the Case is entrusted to a managing director named for five years and to a general cash clerk. In the departments, it appuye on the network of the countable of the Treasury. The Case of the deposits employs at the same time civils servant and personnel subjected to the private law.
Missions of general interestIt ensures, on behalf of the State and of the local government agencies of the missions of general interest:
- management of the funds of saving (Livret has);
- management of pension funds (48 institutions in management);
- financing of the social housing via the collection of the funds of saving;
- partner of the local government agencies;
- management of the consignments;
- first Institutional investor
- management of public mandates (European Funds, register of gases with greenhouse effect…)
Financial arm of the stateIt acts in these fields like the financial arm of the State.
It manages moreover competing activities via its subsidiary companies:
- Icade, ex-SCIC, holding in the real estate, transport and leisures, (Transdev, the leisures Company of the Alps, Egis;
- CDC Undertaken, group of capital investment (financing of the Undertaken S);
- SNI (real National company), company managing the housing stock of the State;
- CNP Insurances, first insurer of people (insurance life, capitalization, insurance of physical injuries) in France.
The CDC is not any more the majority shareholder of the French Savings banks (Groupe Savings bank). An agreement, signed at the end of May 2006, puts an end to its presence with the capital of the CNCE (creation of the bank of business NATIXIS)
Data-processing CDC (ICDC): Created in 1959 by the Case of the Deposits, Informatique CDC is one Groupement d'Interet Economique (GIE) whose principal members are the Case of the deposits (40%), CNCE (30%) and CNP Assurances (30%).
Institutional investorAs investors institutional the CDC is present in the capital of many companies: Alcatel-Lucent (2%), Accor (8,6%), PSA Peugeot Citroen (3%), EADS (2,5%), Schneider Electric (4,4%), Danone (3,6%), Dexia (8,9%), Michelin, Suez (group) (2,8%), Areva (3,6%), Saint-Gobain (3%), Valéo (6,5%), General society (2%),… it also takes part in the capital of Quick, Nexity, Cegelec… through CDC Capital Investment.
- Bloch-Woolly François: 1952-1967
- Robert Lion: 1982 - November 1992
- Philippe Lagayette: December 1992 - December 1997
- Daniel Lebègue: December 1997 - December 2002
- Francis Mayer: December 2002 - December 2006
- Jean Sebeyran (General secretary of the group having taken over temporarily the duties after the death of F. Mayer): December 2006 - March 2007
- Augustin de Romanet of Beaune: March 2007 -…
- Official site of the Deposit and consignment office
|Random links:||Emile of Girardin | Bombinatoridae | Second captain | Seny | Codó | Alton,_Indiana|