Department of Lempira
The department of Lempira (in Spanish: be Departamento de Lempira) is one of the 18 departments Honduras.
HistoryThe department was created in 1825, after the independence of the plain provinces of Central America.
GeographyThe department of Lempira is bordering:
- in north, of the departments of Copán and Santa Bárbara,
- in the east, of the department of Intibucá,
- in the south, of the republic of the El Salvador,
- in the west, of the departments of Ocotepeque and Copán.
It has a surface of 4.290 km ².
SubdivisionsThe department includes/understands 28 municipalities:
- Gracias, Spanish chief town (: be Cabecera)
- Camped It
- Las Flora
- San Andrés
- San Francisco
- San Juan Guarita
- San Manuel Colohete
- San Marcos de Caiquín
- San Rafael
- San Sebastian
- Santa Cruz
DemographyThe population rises with approximately 180.000 inhabitants.
The population density of the department is of 42 hab. /km ².
|Random links:||Potentille ansérine | Tha Dogg Pound | Sautrāntika | Pigüé | Arthur Henry Shakespeare Lucas | Solarquest|