The December 22nd is the 356e Jour of the Année (357e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian calendar . There remain 9 days before the end of the year.
Sign of the zodiac: 1st day of the Capricorn
1 to 1900
- 1465 : By the treated of Saint-Trond Charles Bold the imposes his wills on the revolted Liégeois.
- 1481 : Being appropriate of Stans . The cantons of Freiburg and Soleure join the Swiss Confédération.
- 1603 : Ottoman Empire, Ahmet Ier succeeds the sultan Mehmed III.
- 1636 : The archduke Ferdinand, wire of the emperor Ferdinand II, is elected king of the Romains
- 1666: Inaugural session of the Academy of Science, created by Colbert on the model of the Royal Society .
- 1779 : Nomination of the first Midwife exerting with the Hospital Montmorency (Val-d'Oise). It is about Elisabeth Bourgeois, woman of the sior Baudrang, surgeon of the Hôtel-Dieu.
- 1789 : Vote law founding the creation of 83 departments following the French revolution.
- 1790 : Ottoman Empire, the general Alexandre Souvorov takes Izmail in Bessarabia (Romania).
- 1807 : the United States, the president Thomas Jefferson puts the embargo on English navigation.
- 1808 : In Germany, Ludwig van Beethoven makes play its Symphonie n° 6, known as “Pastorale”.
- 1815 : Jose Maria Morelos there Pavon, généralissime of the insurgent forces of the Mexican revolution of 1810 after the death of Miguel Hidalgo Costilla is shot there with San Cristobal Ecatepec.
- 1854 : The Notre-Dame Cathedral of Doms of Avignon, Vaucluse, is set up in minor basilica by the pope Pie IX.
- 1894 : The captain Alfred Dreyfus, declared guilty of espionage by a military tribunal, is sent to the bagne Devil's Island.
- 1905 : Constitutional revolution in Persian (1905 - 1911).
- 1918 : Baltic States: After having occupied the Estonia the November 8th, the Lithuania the 20, the Bolchevik S seize the Latvia.
- 1928 : The great powers recognize the customs autonomy of the China.
- 1938 :
- the German physicist Otto Hahn publishes the result of its research concerning the possibility of atomic fission, the first step towards the release of atomic energy.
- the pro-Franco launch a great offensive against the Catalogne.
- 1940 : Winston Churchill lance a call to the Italy NS so that they drive out Mussolini capacity.
- 1941 : Rendering with the Japanese of the American garrison of the island of Wake, in the Peaceful .
- 1942 : The United States Air Force bombards Rangoon, the Burmese capital occupied by the Japanese.
- 1944 : Indo-China, Võ Nguyên Giáp founds the Armée popular Vietnamese.
- 1948 : The former Japanese Prime Minister Hideki Tojo and six other leaders of time of war is carried out with Tokyo. (° 1884)
- 1956: After the operation of Suez, the last Franco-British forces leave Port-Saïd.
- 1958 : Signature of a commercial pact free - Egyptian
- 1963: Shipwreck of the Greek steamer Laconia , assessment 150 dead.
- 1968 : After eleven months of captivity, the eighty-two sailors of the American ship of monitoring US Pueblo are released by the North Korea.
- 1971 : The Austrian Kurt Waldheim becomes General secretary of the United Nations.
- 1981 : The pope Jean-Paul II proclaims his solidarity with the Polish workers and declares that clouds darken the prospects for peace in its country.
- 1987 : The Prime Minister Robert Mugabe and opposing it Joshua Nkomo is appropriate to impose the sole party on the Zimbabwe.
- 1988 :
- Under the aegis of the the United States, the South Africa, the Angola and Cuba sign the pact which will give its independence to the Namibia.
- assassination of the Brazilian trade unionist Chico Mendes
- Ion Iliescu shift Nicolae Ceauşescu at the end 24 years of dictatorial capacity in Romania.
- Vis-a-vis the rising of the Rumanian , Nicolae Ceausescu flees with his Helena wife; their Nicu son is stopped. The couple of dictators will be captured and shot three days later.
- 1992 : A Libyan plane is crushed close to Tripoli, killing hundred fifty-seven people.
- 1993 :
- the hard-working Saint-Joseph Church of Avignon, built modern church of 1967 with 1969 by the French architect Guillaume Waistcoat, in the southern periphery of the city, and the frontages and roofs of the parochial center were registered with the additional inventory of the historic buildings.
- the Parliament of South Africa abolishes officially the system of Apartheid.
- a girl of Fidel Castro, Alina Fernandez Revuelta, obtains the political asylum with the the United States.
- 1997 :
- in the hamlet of Acteal , with the Chiapas, at least forty-five Mexican Indiens is assassinated.
- the factions Somalia do not sign, with the Cairo, an agreement in principle to share the capacity.
- 1998 :
- fine of the Urban violences in the district of Mirail in Toulouse Suburbs after 10 nights of disorders making following the death of a 17 year old young person, “Pipo”, victim of a “police Bur ”.
- in China, the dissident Qin Yogmin is condemned to twelve years of prison, shown to want to create antennas of the Chinese Democratic party .
- in France, the Parliament votes a law on the eradication of the pitt-bulldozers and others dangerous dogs.
- 1999 :
- in Germany, the party of the former chancellor Helmut Kohl withdraws her support to him, because of the secret financing of the CDU, carried out by the mediation inter alia Karlheinz Schreiber .
- with the Japan, death of Hisashi Ouchi , one of the three men exposed to atomic radiation of the nuclear center of Tokaimura.
- 2000 :
- 2001 :
- a Provisional government chaired by Hamid Karzai succeeds the Talibans in Afghanistan.
- Richard Reid is arrété after having to try to explode flight 63 of American Airlines by hiding an explosive in its heel of shoe.
- Birth of the cat “ Carbon Copy ”, first Clone of a pet.
- 2006 :
- 1639 : Jean Root, dramatic poet French.
- 1684 : Johann Jacob Dillenius or Dillenius, British botanist of origin German († 1747).
- 1723 : Karl Friedrich Abel, German Type-setter of the preclassical period. († June 20th 1787)
- 1801: Carl Jakob Sundevall, zoologist Swedish († 1875).
- 1858 : Giacomo Puccini, Italian type-setter. († November 29th 1924)
- 1872: Camille Guerin, veterinary surgeon and bacteriologist French († 1961)
- 1887: Srinivasa Ramanujan, Indian mathematician († 1920).
- 1900 : Marc Allégret, French realizer. († November 3rd 1973)
- 1901: Georges Truffaut, Belgian Politician († April 3rd 1942)
- 1905: Pierre Brasseur, actor French. († August 16th 1972)
- 1907: Peggy Ashcroft, British actress .
- 1933 : Jean Tulard, French historian, specialist in Napoleon Bonaparte and the Napoleonean time.
- 1949 : Robin Gibb, Australian musician (The Bee Gees)
- 1949: Maurice Gibb, Australian musician (The Bee Gees) († 2003)
- 1961: Yuri Malenchenko, Russian cosmonaut
- 1962: Ralph Fiennes, British actor .
- 1965 : Sergi López, Spanish actor .
- 1968 : Beautiful Lauralee
- 1972: Vanessa Paradis, singer and French actress , wife of Johnny Depp.
- 1975 : Drew Barrymore, American actress and goddaughter of Steven Spielberg
- 1977: “Javier Valverde” (Javier Ricardo Sánchez San Jose), Spanish Matador .
- 1990 : Jean-Baptiste Maunier, singer and actor French.
69: Vitellius, Roman emperor
- 1397: Guy II of Blois-Châtillon, count de Blois and of Dunois, Lord of Soissons and Beaumont
- 1554: Alessandro Bonvicino, Italian painter of the Venetian school of the period of the Rebirth. (° 1498)
- 1612: François IV of Mantoue, noble Italian, duke of Mantoue and Montferrat (° May 7th 1586, 26 years)
- 1641: Maximilien de Béthune, duke of Sully, superintendent French of finances († December 13rd 1560)
- 1722: Kangxi (name of reign) or Xuányè (personal name), Chinese emperor of the Dynasty Qing of 1661 with 1722 (° May 4th 1652)
- 1815: Jose Maria Morelos there Pavon, priest and insurgent Mexican
- 1867: Theodore Rousseau, French painter, founder of the school of Barbizon (° 1812)
- 1895: John Russell Hind, British Astronomer
- 1940: Alberto Balderas, Mexican Matador (° October 8th 1910).
- 1944 : Harry Langdon, actor and comic American of the silent film. (° June 15th 1884)
- 1969: Josef von Sternberg, realizer of American cinema. (° May 29th 1894)
- 1975: Rene Floriot, French lawyer, in particular defended the doctor Petiot (° October 20th 1902)
- 1979: Darryl Zanuck, producer, realizer and American scenario writer. (° September 5th 1902)
- 1988: Chico Mendes, Seringueiro, defender of Amazonia
- 1989: Samuel Beckett, writer, poet and Irish playwright of English and French expression, Nobel Prize of literature in 1969. (° April 13rd 1906)
- 1991: Hans Edmund Wolters, German ornithologist (° February 11th 1915)
- 1992: Nathan Milstein, violonist
- 1993: Marion Burns, American actress (° August 9th 1907)
- 2001 : Jacques Mayol, 74 years, plunger in Apnea French which inspired with Luc Besson the main character of the film " Great Blue ". (° April 1st 1927)
- 2002 :
- Gabrielle Wittkop, writer French (° 1920)
- Joe Strummer, former guitarist and singer of the group Punk The Clash . (° August 21st 1952)
- 2004 : Tom Wesselmann, American painter. (° February 23rd 1931)
- 2005 : Roger Viel, Rugby player French
- 2006 : Galina Oustvolskaïa, Componiste Russian
- Winter solstice in the Northern hemisphere and Summer solstice in the southern hemisphere
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Anastasie d' Illyrie (+ 304), martyrdom.
Catholic saints of the day
- Holy Francoise-Xavière
- BBC: One This Day
- Today in History: December 22
- December 22nd in sport
- December 22nd in the railroads
Beats-smg: Groudė 22 Be-X-old: 22 сьнежня Fiu-vro: 22. joulukuu päiv Nds-nl: 22 december Simple: December 22 Zh-yue: 12 月 22 號
|Random links:||Rolled consonant rétroflexe voiced | Crystal (beer) | Seashore | Dimitri Konyshev | Colli Etruschi Viterbesi Violone|