The December 21st is the 355e Jour of the Année (356e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian calendar . There remain 10 days before the end of the year.
- Beginning of the Winter
1 to 1900
- 842: Marriage with Quierzy-on-Oise of Charles the Bald person with Ermentrude of Orleans.
- 1163 : Netherlands: Flood of the Saint-Thomas, stopping of the the Old Rhine with Katwijk.
- 1791 : Austria: Léopold II makes disperse the emigrants of Trier, but renews the Déclaration of Pillnitz.
- 1832 : Alliance Russo-Othoman. Nicolas Ier of Russia assistance the sultan in war against the Egyptians in Palestine and Syria, in order to prevent the emergence of a strong capacity to the the Middle East.
- 1851 : Votes by plebiscite, approved by the French, granting to Louis-Napoleon Bonaparte the constituent capacity and the presidency for 10 years.
- 1866 : Massacre Fetterman, or Battle off has Hundred Slain. Attracted by a trick of the Sioux, Fetterman and his detachment are massacred; there are 81 died.
- 1880 : With Paris, Camille Sée, appointed Republican left, makes adopt the law on the teaching of the young girls: “The girls are as suited as the boys to receive secondary education”.
- 1891 : The first match of the history of the Basket-ball disputes with the college of Springfield, Massachusetts.
- 1898 : Pierre and Marie Curie discovers the Radium.
1901 to 2000
- 1901 : In Norway, first participation of the women in the communal elections.
- 1903 : John-Antoine Nau receives the first Prix Goncourt.
- 1909 : Robert Peary is recognized like the conqueror of the North pole.
- 1912 : With Paris, First of made Advertisement with Marie , of Paul Claudel.
- 1913 : The first grid of cross Words.
- 1921 : Inauguration with Calcutta (India) of the Victoria Memorial , large marble building, combining British architecture and architecture moghole, built at the instigation of the Viceroy, Lord Curzon, in memory of the queen Victoria, who is today one of the most impressive vestiges of the British presence with Calcutta.
- 1925 : The Muscovites discover the first chief of work of a scenario writer of twenty-seven years, Sergueï Eisenstein. The film is entitled the Battleship Potemkine and reports a mutiny which proceeded twenty years earlier.
- 1929 : Opening of the Indian National congress .
- 1933 : Newfoundland becomes colony of the British Couronne.
- 1942 : The Royal Air Force bombards Munich; British VIIIe armed re-occupies Benghazi in Libya.
- 1951 : The studios Walt Disney leave to France Alice to the country the wonders .
- 1953 : The former Iranian Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh is condemned to death, before its sorrow is not commuted at three years by the Chah.
- 1956 : with Montgomery, in Alabama, White and Blacks take the bus together for the first time.
- 1958 : Charles de Gaulle is elected President of the French Republic and establishes the Fifth Republic.
- 1960 : Saudi Arabia: resignation of the emir Fayçal, Prime Minister; the king Saoud takes the head of the government.
- 1961 : Moïse Tshombe agrees to put an end to the secession Katanga.
- 1963 : The second chain of French Télévision starts to emit.
- 1967 : The South-African Louis Washkanski , first grafted of the heart, dies in the Cape 18 days after the operation.
- 1971 : Birth of " Doctors without borders ".
- 1972 : with Berlin, signature of the Basic Treaty between the two German States.
- 1973 : The first Israeli-Arab conference of peace opens with Geneva, with calls of the the United States and Soviet Union in favor of a Pacific regulation with the the Middle East.
- 1983 :
- Attack against French soldiers of FINUL to the Lebanon Southern. Assessment: 10 died, of which a French soldier, and 110 wounded.
- Adoption of a Bill on the higher education.
- 1985 :
- the first " resto du coeur " is inaugurated with Paris by Coluche.
- a law authorizes the creation of television channels deprived in France.
- 1987 : A Soviet publication reveals that Stalin censured the figures of census, in the Thirties, in order to dissimulate million deaths caused by bad harvests.
- 1988 : a Boeing 747 of PANAM explodes in flight and is crushed on the Scottish small town of Lockerbie: 269 died, the 28 the thesis of the attack is confirmed.
- 1990 : Exit of the film to rough-hew It vanities with the the United States
- 1989: bloody Riots with Bucharest: the police force shoots at the demonstrators.
- 1990 : Closing of the last coal well in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais.
- 1991 : Eleven Soviet republics, brought together with Alma-ATA (Almaty) with the Kazakhstan, proclaim the death of the Soviet Union and the birth of the Community of independent States. The Georgia, which does not form part of it, is inserted in the civil war.
- 1999 : American researchers highlight the role of same a infectious Protéine in the appearance of the diseases of the mad cow and Creutzfeldt-Jakob.
- 2000 : Inauguration of the European Hospital Georges-Pompidou.
2000 and more
- 2003 : Startup of the Tram of Bordeaux.
- 2004 : The Hostage S and Journalist S French Christian Chesnot and Georges Malbrunot are released by the Islamic army in Iraq after 124 days of detention.
- 1117 : Thomas Becket, chancellor of England and archbishop of Canterbury.
- 1401 : Tommaso Masaccio, painter Italy N (m.1428)
- 1573: Mathurin Régnier, satirical Poet French. († October 22nd 1613).
- 1603 : Roger Williams, theologist and colonist English.
- 1795 : Leopold von Ranke, German historian. († May 23rd 1886)
- 1804: Benjamin Disraeli, writer, politician and Prime Minister for the the United Kingdom († April 19th 1881)
- 1815: Thomas Seams, painter French († March 30th 1879)
- 1850: Zdeněk Fibich, Czech type-setter. († October 15th 1900)
- 1859: Gustave Kahn, poet French and art critic
- 1866: Maud Gonne, actress and nationalist Irish
- 1878: Jan Łukasiewicz, philosopher and logician Polish († February 13rd 1956)
- 1883: Serranito (Hilario González Delgado), Spanish Matador († October 13rd 1908).
- 1904 : Jean Bazaine, painter French († March 4th 2001)
- 1912: Paul Meurisse, actor French († January 19th 1979)
- 1918: Kurt Waldheim, general secretary of UNO of 1972 with 1981 and President of the Austria 1986 with 1992
- 1921: Pepe Shine Vázquez, Spanish Matador
- 1921: Netted Nurmi, actress American.
- 1936 : Henri Guybet, French actor.
- 1937 : Jane Fonda, American actress.
- 1940 : Frank Zappa, singer, type-setter and guitarist († December 4th 1993)
- 1943: Andre Arthur appointed and radio presenter Canadian and Québécois, born with Quebec.
- 1944 : Tahar Ben Jelloun writer Morocco Ain
- 1945: Millie Hughes-Fulford, American astronaut
- 1946: C. Jerome (Claude Dhotel), singer French († March 14th 2000)
- 1947: Paco de Lucía, Spanish guitarist
- 1948: Samuel L. Jackson, American actor
- 1954: Chris Evert, American tennis player
- Florence Griffith Joyner, American athlete († 1998)
- Corinne Touzet, French actress, heroin of the televised series a woman of honor
- 1966: Kiefer Sutherland, Canadian actor, wire of Donald Sutherland
- 1969: Julie Delpy, French actress
- 1971: Matthieu Chedid, singer French called “M”.
- 1972 :
- 1985 : Nicolas Almagro, Spanish tennis player
- 1302: Jean II of Harcourt, Marshal of France.
- 1375 : Boccace, Italian writer. (° 1313)
- 1549: Marguerite de Navarre, princess of the first branch of Orleans of the dynasty capétienne. (° April 11th 1492).
- 1591 : Pedro Moya de Contreras, general inquisitor, archbishop of Mexico City and 6th viceroy of News-Spain. (° v. 1528).
- 1805 : Manual Maria Barbosa de Boccage, writer Portuguese
- 1851: Carl Friedrich Rungenhagen, German Type-setter . (° September 27th 1778)
- 1867: Karl Friedrich Schimper, botanist and German geologist (° 1803).
- 1890 : Niels Wilhelm Gade, Danish type-setter. (° February 22nd 1817)
- 1916: Daniel Oliver, British Botanist (° 1830).
- 1922 : Eliezer Ben-Yehuda, founder of the Hebrew modern (° 1858).
- 1940 : Francis Scott Fitzgerald, American novelist. (° September 24th 1896)
- 1945: George S. Patton, general American (° November 11th 1885)
- 1965: Claude Champagne, type-setter, Canadian pedagog (° 1891).
- 1978 : Roger Caillois, writer, sociologist and critical literary French. (° March 3rd 1913)
- 1992: Albert King, bluesman (° 1923 or 1924).
- 1993 : Guy of the Bus, writer French. (° May 6th 1911)
- 2002: Patrick Bourrat, to defer TF1.
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
Honorat of Toulouse bishop (3rd century)
- Julienne de Nicomédie martyrdom in 304
- Thémistocle de Myre martyr in 351
- Thomas (apostle) (), evangelist of the Indies (Latin date, the Greeks celebrate it the October 6th and the Indians on July 1st).
Catholic saints of the day
Orthodoxe saints of the day
Julienne de Viazma, princess († 1406)
- Pierre of Moscow, métropolite († 1326)
- Procope de Vyatsk, insane for the Christ († 1627)
Beats-smg: Groudė 21 Be-X-old: 21 сьнежня Fiu-vro: 21. joulukuu päiv Nds-nl: 21 december Simple: December 21 Zh-yue: 12 月 21 號
|Random links:||The Last Fortress | Vendress | Norwegian university of sciences and technology | The life is elsewhere | Shō|