The December 20th is the 354e Jour of the Année (355e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian calendar . There remain 11 days before the end of the year.
- 1046: With the Synod of Sutri, the Empereur Henri III unties a conflict within the papacy and imposes the reforming Pape Clément II. It is the beginning of a vast movement of reform connected with the church
- 1192: Richard Heart-of-Lion, king of England, is captured with Vienna by the emperor Frederic Barberousse
- 1462: Acquisition of the counties of Roussillon and Cerdagne by Louis IX, which comes to Bayonne and reconciles the kings de Castille and of Aragon
- 1522: Soliman the Magnificent the seizes Rhodos
- 1582: Introduction of the Gregorian Calendar in France
- 1669: Formation in the royal Navy French of the regiments Royal-The-Navy and Admiral.
- 1803 : The the United States buy the Louisiana with the France for a sum of 80 franc million.
- 1812 : Königsberg, the remains of the Large army reach the Prussia-Eastern .
- 1830 : The Conference of London of the European great powers, joined together since the November 4th, recognizes the separation of the Belgium of with the Holland.
- 1848 : Joseph Napoleon Sebastien Sarda Garriga proclaims with the Meeting the abolition of the Esclavage. This day is celebrated there under the name of festival of the Kaffirs
- 1854: The Ministère of Agriculture approves the creation project of a Agricultural Normal Institut for the training of professors of agriculture.
- 1860 : Secession of the South Carolina
- 1886: The Lieutenant-colonel Gallieni is named general governor of the French Sudan.
- 1913 : This day the German Reichstag vote a law carrying the mobilization in time of war with 5.000.000 men.
- 1915 : Failure of the Allied in the strait of the Dardanelles, in Turkey.
- 1917 :
- Opening of negotiations of Russian peaces between and German, with Brest-Litovsk
- Creation by Lénine of the tcheka , ancestor of the KGB.
- 1922 : in Russia, in the the Caucasus and elsewhere, fourteen territories are joined together under the name of Union of the socialist republics Soviet.
- 1924 : Coming out of prison of Hitler. Locked up following the Putsch of the brewery.
- 1928 : The Great Britain recognizes the government (Kuomintang) of Nankin.
- 1938 : With Moscow, institution of the obligatory booklet of work .
- 1943 : The Japanese are overcome by the Chinese with the Bataille of Changde.
- 1950 : Felix Leclerc begins with the theater ABC , of Paris, in first part of the Compagnons of the song .
- 1954 : 20.000 soldiers French are sent in Algérie
- 1955: Independence of the Sudan
- 1957: Creation of the European Agency of nuclear energy (AEEN)
- 1961: Resolution of UNO on the statute of the Celestial body S: they can be freely explored by all the States and are not likely of national appropriation.
- 1970 : Wladyslaw Gomulka is isolated direction of the Polish Communist party after riots caused by the rise of the food products.
- 1973 : with Madrid, Shine Carrero Blanco, Prime Minister for the pro-Franco mode, is killed by an explosive load placed under the roadway; its limousine passes above a building of three floors.
- 1978 : Reconciliation free - Guinea.
- 1980 : in France, definitive adoption of the " bill; safety and liberté".
- 1981 : with Washington, shortly after the prohibition of Solidarność in Poland, the ambassador Romuald Spasowski obtains the political asylum.
- 1987 :
- Shipwreck of the Filipino ferry Doña Paz after a collision with a tanker, making officially 1586 died, semi-officially more than 4000 victims.
- the Swedish team of tennis gains the Coupe Davis against the India with Gothenburg.
- 1989 :
- Timisoara (Romania) is the first " city; libre" mode of Nicolae Ceauşescu
- 22.500 American soldiers are engaged in the operation “ Just Cause ” with the Panama, driving out capacity the general Manuel Noriega.
- the the United States install a new government with Panama; the president and narcotrafiquant Manuel Noriega will go, will be dispatched in Florida, will be considered and imprisoned.
- the communist Lithuanians vote the independence of their party with regard to PCUS.
- 1990 :
- 1992 : Presidential elections in Serbia and with the Montenegro marked by irregularities: Slobodan Milosevic (ex-Communist) is re-elected president of the Serbia with 56,32% of the voices.
- 1994 :
- Brought into service of the smart cards in the phone boxes at Paris, then in all the France.
- the champion of tennis Ivan Lendl puts an end to its professional path.
- 1995 :
- official Making of the capacities of UNO to NATO in Bosnia-Herzégovine.
- in Colombia, a plane of American Airlines is crushed with mountainside, killing 163 people; there are four survivors.
- 1997 : Nelson Mandela bids its farewell with ANC, its dolphin Thabo Mbeki succeeds to him the presidency.
- 1998 : A woman living with Houston with the Texas gives rise to Octuplés
- with Hambach in the Moselle, production of the 100.000è Smart. In France, it rolls only 3.750 from there.
- Établissement of the special administrative Area of Macao, reassigned by the Portugal with the Popular republic of China.
- 2000 :
- Creation of the the Council French of the Moslem worship
- the homologous Pope Jean-Paul II the miracle achieved by Mother Teresa.
- the representatives of some five million French of Moslem confession manage an agreement on the composition of a future French Conseil of the Muslim cult (CFCM), at the end of a " Conclave " from two days to the castle of Nainville-the-Rocks (the Essonne).
- 2004 :
- 1537 : The king Jean III of Sweden († November 27th 1592)
- 1792: Nicolas Charlet, French painter († 1845)
- 1868: Harvey S. Firestone, Industrial and founder of the company Firestone Draws & Rubber Company
- Cocherito of Bilbao (Cástor Jaureguibeitia Ibarra), Spanish Matador († January 4th 1928)
- Antonio Montes, Spanish Matador († January 17th 1907).
- 1890 : Jaroslav Heyrovsky, Nobel Prize of chemistry in 1959. († March 7th 1967)
- 1897: Jacques de Bernonville, collaborator French.
- 1898 : Irene Dune, soprano and American Actress . († September 4th 1990)
- 1922: George Roy Hill, American Scenario writer († December 27th 2002)
- 1925: Bob de Moor, Draftsman and the right-hand man of Hergé. († August 26th 1992)
- 1938: Lucien Bouchard, Politicking Canadian
- 1950: Bruno Moynot, French actor.
- 1957 : Anita Baker, American Singer
- 1966: Helene Pokers, actress and French singer having played in the Sitcom Helene and the boys.
- 1970 : Nicole de Boer, Canadian Actress. Cubic
- 1973: Nadia Farès, French actress.
- 1980 : Ashley Sticks, footballer English.
- 1981 : Julien Benneteau, French tennis player.
- 1983 : Lucy Pinder, British model
- 1763: Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson, Marchioness of Pompadour and favorite of Louis XV (+1721)
- 1295: Marguerite of Provence, Queen of France, widow of Saint-Louis.
- 1590 : Ambroise Paré, Surgery N and anatomist French. (° towards 1509)
- 1764: Erik Pontoppidan, Theology N and zoologist Danish (° 1698).
- 1783 : Antonio Soler, monk, type-setter and Harpsichord Spanish ist. (° December 3rd 1729)
- 1800: Jean-Baptiste Grosson, notary and French historian of the 18th century. (° 1733).
- 1838 : Hégésippe Moreau, writer, poet and journalist French, with Paris (° 1810).
- 1877 : Heinrich Daniel Ruhmkorff, German Physicist .
- 1929 : Emile Loubet, old President of the French Republic. (° December 30th 1838)
- John Steinbeck, American Novelist and Nobel Prize of literature. (° February 27th 1902)
- max Brod, Israeli writer. (° 1884)
- 1973: Shine Carrero Blanco, head of government Spanish
- 1974: Andre Jolivet, Type-setter French. (° August 8th 1905)
- 1982: Arthur Rubinstein, Swiss Pianist of Polish origin . (° January 28th 1887)
- 1984: Stanley Milgram, Psychological American
- 1996: Carl Sagan, scientist and American astronomer . (° November 9th 1934)
- 1998: Andre Dewavrin, known as Colonel Passy, resistant French. (° June 9th 1911)
- 2001 : Léopold Sédar Senghor, statesman Senegal board, Poet, Essay writer, Politician and academician French. (° October 9th 1906)
- 2002 :
Abolition of slavery to the Meeting “Fêt kaf”
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Holy Zénon and Theophilus
- Abraham (patriarch)
- Ignace d' Antioche Théophore (Byzantine date )
- Ursanne of the Jura abbot Swiss founder of Saint-Ursanne in towards (620)
Catholic saints of the day
- Holy Abraham
Orthodoxe saints of the day
- Ignace of the Caves of Kiev Higoumène (1435)
- Jean de Cronstadt priest (1908)
- Jean the tailor Néo-martyr of Constantinople (1650)
External notes and references
|Random links:||Bomborokuy (department) | French America | Santomenna | Desde abajo | World Qualifying Series|