The December 14th is the 348e Jour of the Année (349e in the event of Leap year) of the Gregorian calendar . There remain 17 days before the end of the year.
- 1356 : With Paris, the Dauphin promulgates another series of mandements monetary.
- 1515 : François Ier and the pope Leon X concludes peace. The emperor Maximilien Ier remains only adversary of the king de France.
- 1542 : Marie Stuart goes up on the throne of Scotland.
- 1782 : First flight of the prototype of the Montgolfier to Annonay by the Brothers Montgolfier
- the constituent Assembly creates the first Assignat S.
- the Assemblée adopts a law standardizing the statute of the municipalities.
- 1819 : The Alabama becomes the 22e State of the Union.
- 1825 : Revolt Décembristes, group of young officers and aristocrats Russian, who try to raise the garrison of Saint-Pétersbourg at the time of died of Alexandre Ier.
- 1877 : The Serbia is combined with the Russia in the war against the Turkey.
- 1891 : In Germany , publication of the first number of the Berliner Illustrierten , the most famous German illustrated magazine, in which the photographer Erich Solomon took part.
- 1900 : With Berlin, max Planck presents its Quantum theory.
- 1902 : The first telegraphic cable is posed in the Pacific Ocean.
- 1911 :
- Roald Amundsen, explorer Norwegian is the first man to reach the South pole.
- the France completes the Palais Farnèse with Rome. Its cost: 3,3 franc million to shelter its embassy there.
- 1913 : The island of Crete is joined together with the Greece.
- 1916 : after a Referendum, the Denmark sells its territories in the the Antilles with the the United States, for twenty-five million dollars.
- 1918 : The president Sidónio Pais is assassinated with the Portugal.
- 1920: After multiple riots, the Ireland is officially divided into two autonomous territories.
- 1923 : the Comedy of the Champs Elysées gives the first representation of Knock, with Louis Jouvet in the role of the famous doctor. The part of Jules Romains obtains an immense success and Jouvet will play it on the whole more than two thousand times in the course of its life.
- 1927 : Fifty thousand nationalist soldiers of Tchang Kaï-chek crush the communist movement of Canton which organized a “common revolutionist” with the reinforcement of envoys of Stalin.
- 1937 : the Japanese install a Chinese government marionette with Beijing.
- 1939 : Exclusion of the Soviet Union of the Company of the Nations following its attack of Finland (War of Winter).
- 1941 : the American Royal marines offer a resistance baited to the Japan board in the island of Wake.
- 1944 : in France, the large coal mines are nationalized.
- 1959 : Mgr Makarios is the first president of the Republic of Cyprus.
- 1960 :
- the Cooperation organization and of economic development (OECD) is created with Paris.
- the collision enters a DC-8 and a Constellation, above New York, makes hundred thirty-six dead.
- 1962 :
- the first government with African majority is formed in Rhodesia of North by Kenneth Kaunda.
- the American probe Mariner 2 approximately takes the first photograph plane of Venus.
- 1963 : Inauguration of the House of the Radio.
- 1967 : with the University Stanford, in California, researchers isolate DNA from a Virus.
- 1970 : in Poland, a rise in the prices of the food causes riots against the Communist regime.
- 1979 : Exit of the album London Calling of the group Punk The Clash.
- 1981 :
- Israel appendix heights of the Golan.
- Of the strikes bursts in Poland after the proclamation of the martial Loi.
- 1988 : Washington is declared ready to dialog with PLO following a declaration of Yasser Arafat to Geneva on the right of Israel to exist in peace and safety.
- 1995 : Signature of the peace agreements of Dayton on the Ex-Yugoslavia and launching with sixty thousand men, of the first terrestrial operation ever carried out by NATO since its creation in 1949.
- 1996 : The sentence of died against the former president of South Korea Chun Doo-hwan is commuted to life imprisonment.
- 1997 : American exit of the film Titanic with Los Angeles, film which met greatest cinematographic success never existing.
- 1998 : The deputies of the Palestinian Legislative council joined together with Gaza adopt the revocation of the clauses of the Charter of PLO calling with the destruction of the State of Israel.
- 1999 : Signature of the instrument of restitution of the Channel of Panamá to this country, by the the United States which had held it for eighty-five years.
- 2000 : in France, the chains of cinemas Pathé and Gaumont announce their fusion.
- 2004 : Inauguration of the Viaduct of Millau by Jacques Chirac.
- 2005, Tanzania: the former Foreign Minister, Jakaya Kikwete, candidate of the Chama Cha Mapinduzi (CCM) gains the presidential election with 80,3% of the voices.
- 2006 :
- 1503 : Nostradamus (Michel of Nostre-Lady), Doctor and Apothecary French practitioner the Astrology († July 2nd 1566)
- 1546: Tycho Brahé, astronomer Danish († October 24th 1601).
- 1553 : Henri IV, monarch French († 1610).
- 1730 : James Bruce, British explorer († 1794).
- 1824 : Pierre Puvis de Chavannes, French painter († 1898).
- 1895 : Paul Éluard, French poet ((† November 18th 1952).
- 1895 : Georges VI, king of the the United Kingdom of 1936 with 1952. († February 6th 1952)
- 1896: James H. Doolittle, general American († 1993).
- 1931 : Rene-Lucien Picandet, 122e bishop of Orleans of 1981 with 1997.
- 1933 : Albert Spaggiari, author of the Break-in of the century († June 10th 1989)
- 1935: Lee Remick, American actress .
- 1936 : Robert A. Parker, American astronaut
- 1940: Paco Camino, Spanish Matador .
- 1946 : Jane Birkin, actress and British singer.
- 1949 : Cliff Williams, bass player of the group rock'n'roll AC/DC.
- 1954 : Steve MacLean, Canadian spationaut
- 1956: Hanni Wenzel, alpine skier of the Liechtenstein, Olympic champion in 1980.
- 1960 : Catherine G. Coleman, American astronaut.
- 1970 : Albin of Simone, author, type-setter, interprets French.
- 1975 : Ben Kay, player of Rugby to XV British (England).
- 1977 : Fally Ipupa, singer Congolese (DRC).
- 1978 : Patty Schnyder, Swiss tennis player.
- 1979 : Michael Owen, British footballer (England).
- 1988 :
- 872 : The Pope Adrien II, (° 792).
- 1267 : Casimir Ier de Cujavie.
- 1591 : Jean of the Cross, Holy and mystical Spanish. (° 1542)
- 1788: Charles III of Spain, king d' Espagne (° January 20th 1716)
- 1799: George Washington, first President of the United States, (° February 22nd 1732).
- 1826 : Malta-Brown Conrad, Geographer French of Danish origin (° 1755)
- 1873: Louis Agassiz, zoologist, ichtyologiste and American geologist of Swiss origin , (° 1807).
- 1918 : Sidónio Feed, dictator Portuguese
- 1963: Marie Marvingt woman extraordinary and aviatrice (° 1875)
- 1965: Somerset Maugham, playwright and British novelist. (° January 25th 1874)
- 1987: Copi draftsman of data base, dramatic author, Argentinian writer, (° 1940).
- 1989 : Andrei Sakharov, Nobel Prize of Russian peace, (° May 21st 1921).
- 1990 : Friedrich Dürrenmatt Swiss Playwright. (° 1921)
- 1996: Gaston Miron, poet and editor Québécois. (° January 8th 1928)
- 2001: W.G. Sebald, German writer.
- 2004 : Francoise Verny, French editor, (° 1928).
Catholic and orthodoxe saints of the day
- Holy Odile (+ towards 720), abbess of Hohenbourg and owner of Alsace (recent date for the Latin rite).
- Spyridon de Trimythonte (+ towards 348), bishop with Cyprus (deferred date this day in the Latin rite)
- Holy Éguiner (or Holy Fingar) (+ towards 455), Irish prince hermit in Armorican Cornwall.
- Nicaise of Rheims (+ 407 or 450), archbishop and martyr with his sister, her deacon, his reader and several other companions.
- Eutropie of Rheims (+ 407 or 450), sister of saint Nicaise martyrdom with him.
Catholic saints of the day
- Paul de Vaincourt
Orthodoxe saints of the day
Beats-smg: Groudė 14 Be-X-old: 14 сьнежня Fiu-vro: 14. joulukuu päiv Nds-nl: 14 december Simple: December 14 Zh-yue: 12 月 14 號
|Random links:||Chabis | Thealogy | HC La Chaux-de-Fonds | Andre Gaulin | Meridian 59 | Jean-François Hubert|