Days of Free of Montpellier
The days of Free of Montpellier ( JLM ) are a demonstration organized by the Association for the Free software, based with Montpellier. Created in 2001, they are held at the end of the year (November or December) and accommodate several hundreds of visitors.
In the beginning the demonstration was named Journée of the Free software of Montpellier , the name changed at the time of the edition 2005.
The aim in view by the JLM is double:
- On the one hand to contribute to the development of free data processing, while communicating towards a public of private individuals and professionals on the possibilities that it offers today and while allowing its actors to meet;
- to locally develop the use of the free data processing, which supposes to make it possible local competences to expose itself.
- conference series and testimonys animated by outside contributors mainly resulting from the professional world or communities.
- a Data-processing space of demonstration of free solutions S and of exposure open to the local companies. It is the occasion for them to on the matter show their know-how in front of a public increasingly many.
- At the time of the edition a 2005 third pole will be proposed: workshops practical of reflection and application will make it possible to the visitors to become them-even contributors of the free software.
The following edition will take place in June 2007 and will accommodate in particular Richard Stallman.
- Association ALL
|Random links:||Philip Warren Anderson | Védrines-Saint-wolf | Mount-in Astarac | Scallop | The Hand passes | Office_de_commercialisation_britannique_de_laines|