This page relates to the year -183 Calendrier Julien proleptic.
- With Rome, Consul At of Quintus Fabius Labeo, Mr. Claudius Marcellus.
- Foundation of the Roman Colonies of Saturnia in Etrurie and of Mutina in Emilie.
- Philopoemen undertakes a forwarding against Messène, rebel with the Ligue étolienne and supported by the Romain captive S. Fait it is condemned to died and poisoned.
- Embassy of Flaminius near the king of Bithynie Prusias Ier. Prusias, can save its kingdom only by delivering Hannibal to the Romans. Hannibal is poisoned in Libussa, close to Prusa (Brousse).
- Beginning of the reign of Prusias II the Hunter, king of Bithynie (fine in -149).
- Pharnace Ier, king of the Bridge, takes Sinope of which it makes his capital.
Countryside in India of the king gréco-bactrien Démétrios Ier. It subjects the areas of Kabul and Gandhara, then the Panjab and the Sind. It reaches Ujjain and Mathurâ in central India. It obviously projects the conquest of Pataliputra (current Patna), but of the disorders in Bactriane oblige it to go back there.
Démétrios founds the town of Sirkâp with a checkerboard plan to rehouse there the population of Taxila.
Death in -183
- Philopoemen, Greek politician.
- Scipion the African.
|Random links:||Bank national agricultural | John Brancato | World cup of ski jump 1985 | Denis Laustriat | Maxim Lapierre | DAX|