Darling Légitimus (November 21st 1907, Carbet; December 7th 1999, the Kremlin-Bicêtre), born Mathilda Paruta, French actress of origin inhabitant of Martinique, a long time senior of the black artists French-speaking, began its career at the sixteen years age in the Negro Review at the sides of Joséphine Baker. It is the mother of Gésip Légitimus, artist complete and Producing of television program as of end 60, and of Théo Légitimus, Comédien, father of Pascal Légitimus, famous actor Inconnu.
BiographyBorn the November 21st 1907 with the Carbet (Martinique), raised with Caracas (Venezuela) as of its more tender childhood, Mathilda Paruta arrives at Paris at the sixteen years age, according to its decision to become dancer there. She will meet there Etienne Légitimus (wire of Hégésippe Jean Légitimus) of which she will become the partner and to which she will give five children.
A long time known under the name of Darling Miss, it will choose the name of artist Darling Légitimus.
Darling Légitimus danced in the negro Review of Joséphine Baker and posed for the painter Picasso and the sculptor Paul Belmondo (father of the actor Jean-Paul Belmondo. She played of the parts of Jean Genet ( the Negros ) and of Aimé Césaire.
To the cinema, it was directed in particular by Raymond Rouleau in the Witches of Salem (at the sides of Simone Signoret and Yves Montand) and the Wages of the fear , of Henri-Georges Clouzot with Sacha Guitry, Jean-Claude Brialy, Bernardo Bertolucci.
It côtoyé a pleiad of famous actors whose Arletty, Fernandel and Pierre Brasseur, and took part in several productions of the ORTF of which the telefilm of Jean-Christophe Averty ( the Greens Pastures ).
On scene, starting from 1923, it interpreted with the theater and the cinema a hundred roles, before obtaining, at 76 years in 1983 the Lion of gold of female role of the Mostra of Venice, for its role in Rue negro boxes, carried out by its young compatriot inhabitant of Martinique Euzhan Palcy.
She died the December 7th 1999 with the the Kremlin-Bicêtre (the Valley-of-Marne), close to Paris, without no role since that being proposed to him more if méritoire of Man Tine , in spite of the hopes which its nomination and its reward let predict.
The West-Indian écrivaine Calixthe Beyala and actor Holy Luc Éloy, leaders of collectives of black actors (gone up on the scene of the ceremony of Césars of the year 2000 to assert there a greater presence of the minorities on the French screens) will pay a public homage to him (act which the ceremony of Césars impardonnablement had sadly and impardonnablement omitted, at the time of the homage to the actors died in the year).
Catalog of films
- Bouboule Ier, king negro (1933)
- the Pearls of the crown (1937) Pearls off the Crown (International title)
- a friend will come this evening (1946) has Friend Will Like Tonight (the USA)
- the Boat with soup (1947)
- the Three cousins (1947)
- Casimir (film) (1950)…. (Caroline) Three Feet in has Bed (the USA)
- the Way of Damas (1952)
- the Wages of the fear, (1953) (ace Darling Miss) The Wages off Fear (the USA)
- Tourbillon (film) (1953)
- the Big game, (1954) Flesh and the Woman (the USA)
- Napoleon (1955)…. The nurse
- the Port of the desire (1955) House one the Waterfront (the USA)
- a missionary (1955) has Missionary (International title)
- the Witches of Salem (1957), The Crucible (the USA), The Witches off Salem (International title)
- How that it is (1960) (ace Darling Miss)…. Palmyre Women Are Like That (the USA)
- the headstock (1962) The Fraud (International title)
- Will-o'-the-wisp (1963), Will o' the Wisp (International title)
- the Cry of the cormorant the evening above jonques the, (1970) Cry off the Cormorant (International title)
- Wild rose (film) (1971)…. Milk
- Life of the others… France
- Boulevard of rum (1971) (uncredited)
- the Last Tango in Paris, (France) (1972)…. Caretaker (Last Tango in Paris, the USA)
- the Last faggot in Paris (1973)
- vécés was closed interior (1976)
- O Madiana (1979)…. Mrs. Jonas
- the Band of Rex (1980)
- 5% of risks (1980)
- Street negro boxes (1983)…. Me Man Clay crusher
- Uncle Tom's cabin (1963) (TV)…. Dinah
- the Greens Pastures (Christmas 1964), special program transposing the Bible in the medium Afro-American
- the royalty of the phantom (1965) (TV)…. Belinda
- Noëlle with the four winds, Series TV
- Vis-a-vis Lancaster (1971) TV Series
- Strong François (1971) TV Series…. Datifa (segment " Pierre")
the tragedy of the King Christophe : the part was created on August 4th, 1964 with the festival of Salzburg, then in France the following year with the Parisian theater of the Odéon, by the Company of Dramatic art Europa Studio. The part was played with a growing success with Berlin, with Brussels, Biennial of Venice, in the Maisons of the Culture in France, with the world Festival of negro Arts with Dakar, with the international exhibition of Montreal, in Yugoslavia and with the Piccolo Teatro of Milan.
- One season in Congo , created on October 4th, 1967 with the Theater of the Parisian East by the Serreau-Perinetti company.
- Ecuador Funambulist , July 1975, municipal theater of Fort-de-France.
- Á the meeting of the small hour , March 1976, turned in Guadeloupe and Martinique. November 1976, New Square Sylvia Montfort. May 1976, royal Movies of Boulogne-Billancourt. February 1977, Recreational center of Vésinet. December 1990, Biennial of Dakar (Senegal) 1st part of the ambiguous Adventure turned to Senegal for the series of the Memories of the South.
- Governor of the dew , adaptation and put in scene realized for the black Theater, Paris, 1975.
- You will not carry it with you (1978)… Rébad (With the theater this evening)
- the devil with sticking green the
|Random links:||VASP | Super Didier | Let live to us | Specific risk | Microrégion de Jacobina | Institut_de_la_Science_de_télescope_spatial|